SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Irregardless of who said what in the past what most people here (myself included) cares about are "100% working games". You can't argue with the logic behind most of their points unless you happen to be TheFloW, Yifanlu, or the Chinese team behind Mai and know something that none of us know. With henKAKU allowing kernel access CFW is coming, might be tommorow might be next week might be next year, but the fact of the matter is that the wheels for it have been set in motion. The PSiCO group pretty good point about game crashes. I've brought it up before but i'll bring it up again half baked dumps are not good dumps. Doing things half assed generally results in a half assed end result, and while a good portion of these dumps may play through completely with no issue there are some that may never work with the current methods we have or may only work partially (FFX HD?)

Don't get me wrong I've been messing around with various vpk's and appreciate the dumpers and uploaders time as well as the devs that made this possible so far, but there is nothing more frustrating than getting to a certain spot and then realizing that the game can't go any further due to an unforeseen error because of the way it was dumped. I see their logic and have seen it since Vitamin first leaked. The scene should have access to 1:1 or as close as possible dumps. In the meantime the current methods will suffice but I really hope that once the definitive 1:1 dumping method comes along people will move on to those and away from these dumps, because as nice as they are some of them are just plain "broken" (and NOT because of some completely unbaked "5 syscall" BS)

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
It's very early days for the PS Vita scene, we have been waiting 5 years to play free games. I dont think anybody is going to care if they are playing a 1 to 1 copy.

A good practice when utilising hacks to use your game console differently from manufacturers specificications is to save scum every minute and back up your saves.

It's like taking a ferrari that is designed for a racetrack and putting it off road, its not going to work very well, just like running retail PSV games as a homebrew.

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
Screw the scene. Most of the recent console hacks were made by non-scene members. Sceners did squat for the wii, psp, 3ds scenes. In the past the scene relied on mod-chip / flash cart manufacturers to hack the ps2, xbox, nds, 360 and so forth. In my opinion those cunts are in bed with those guys to make money for themselves. If it wasn't for the public that helped hack the more recent consoles they wouldn't have the skill to do anything, they are just ripping the hard work of other so they can act all 1337 and shit.

Reactions: Shiaoran

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's very early days for the PS Vita scene, we have been waiting 5 years to play free games. I dont think anybody is going to care if they are playing a 1 to 1 copy.

A good practice when utilising hacks to use your game console differently from manufacturers specificications is to save scum every minute and back up your saves.

It's like taking a ferrari that is designed for a racetrack and putting it off road, its not going to work very well, just like running retail PSV games as a homebrew.

Screw the scene. Most of the recent console hacks were made by non-scene members. Sceners did squat for the wii, psp, 3ds scenes. In the past the scene relied on mod-chip / flash cart manufacturers to hack the ps2, xbox, nds, 360 and so forth. In my opinion those cunts are in bed with those guys to make money for themselves. If it wasn't for the public that helped hack the more recent consoles they wouldn't have the skill to do anything, they are just ripping the hard work of other so they can act all 1337 and shit.

I see where you both are coming from, really I do especially @Jao Chu. I see nothing really wrong with using these early dumps. I just don't like it when people then experience a problem with a dump and then they go off to grab the pitchforks and torches blaming the game, the dumpers, and the tool developers. It's the golden rule of homebrew applications, regardless of whether it's an alpha, beta, or final release... it's unofficial, unlicensed software that comes with no warranty and we all use it at our own risk. It just bothers me when people forget this and act like they had nothing to do with what happened.

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
I see where you both are coming from, really I do especially @Jao Chu. I see nothing really wrong with using these early dumps. I just don't like it when people then experience a problem with a dump and then they go off to grab the pitchforks and torches blaming the game, the dumpers, and the tool developers. It's the golden rule of homebrew applications, regardless of whether it's an alpha, beta, or final release... it's unofficial, unlicensed software that comes with no warranty and we all use it at our own risk. It just bothers me when people forget this and act like they had nothing to do with what happened.

I have no problem with proper dumps either BUT these scene groups think they are the only ones that can do it. With the right tools anyone can release a proper dump that can be verified with checksums from a database, like agbx for the xbox 360.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have no problem with proper dumps either BUT these scene groups think they are the only ones that can do it. With the right tools anyone can release a proper dump that can be verified with checksums from a database, like agbx for the xbox 360.

Agreed! once the tools are available most anyone can do it properly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu