PSP Go is Dead

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
sony_psp_go-480x366.jpg

Sony Japan confirmed it has ceased production of the PSP Go and that all future sales will be limited to current stock.

A Japanese report from Phileweb (translated by Andriasang) says the company has formally announced it is ending production of the digital-only handheld, confirming a rumor that surfaced yesterday from an alleged Sony Store employee. This will allow Sony to shift its focus to the NGP, which is expected to ship in at least one territory by the end of this year.

The PSP Go first launched in 2009 for $250. IGN has contacted SCEA for a statement and will update this story if we hear back. [/p]

Source

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well yeah, there are many haters for the Go. I don't hate it, infact I'm thinking of getting myself one, just because it'll become a "rare" piece of Sony in 1-2 years
unsure.gif

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PSPGo is only a decent handheld with piracy. Otherwise you lose much of PSP's library, unfortunately.

And for God's sake, a digital distribution hardware supporting only Wireless B type is preposterous.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll buy one for a high LOW price! [/RE4merchant]

Seriously, it doesn't seem so bad, but I dread that it'll be terribly unconfortable for long sessions of Monster Hunter Portable :/

Might get one if they drop to 99€, though (still on a PSP1000!
smileipb2.png
).

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
I'll buy one for a high LOW price! [/RE4merchant]

Seriously, it doesn't seem so bad, but I dread that it'll be terribly unconfortable for long sessions of Monster Hunter Portable :/

Might get one if they drop to 99€, though (still on a PSP1000!
smileipb2.png
).
They are 89$ used at my local Gamestop. Seriously thinking about getting one.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
PSP GO is now a collectors edition item. Pick them up before the price skyrockets.

I doubt the price will skyrocket. Generally the price of garbage tends to decrease.

I had a PSP Go at one point.... I ended up returning it because it lasted like 2 hours maximum, was uncomfortable to hold, screen too small, non replacable tiny battery... yeah nothx.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't mind my Go. Since it got hacked though it's a better system due to the fact that you can play all the games that aren't on the store, like MegaMan Powered Up.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked the PSP Go, it was a new Next step on how you buy games. It wasn't the best of it's Generation but it wasn't the of the worst Portable created.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo