Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NicoBlogs,

The mods and the GBATemp community have been pretty supportive here for the translation so I have no plans to move. Also Google does find this thread is you search for La Pucelle Ragnarok english translation. Cyan was very helpful in giving me access to the first post of the thread so I can update my progress in one place. In general I have been pretty happy here and unless I start getting too many people nagging me, I plan to stay put. So far I have no one nagging me which has come as a surprise.

Anyways ... I am starting to make some progress on Chapter 5 and I have all the black textbox text done. At some point I want to go through all the spells and skills and fix the textbox overflow but I have yet to get motivated to do it since I have to hexedit every skill/spell and add another space or two.

-ChepChep

Reactions: Linka
D

Deleted User

Chep々 if you need someone to nag you i can be that person :grog:
When i saw the changes you made on the first post i instantly realized there was no need for anything else, is so clean on precise!
I remember coming to this thread to hunt the latest patch, it was an adventure!
Well don't rush it, enjoy your Holidays!, else you will start seeing everything like NEO

matrix_vision_1.jpg

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, I don't think anyone feels a need to nag at you because you're making good progress for working by yourself on the code! Besides, any of us who've really wanted this game have waited a good amount of time-- it's worth it to be patient for you, when someone is finally actually giving this game attention!

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So another mini-update:

I have completed all the NPC I can so far find in Chapter 5. It went much quicker now that I have the reference talk file with formatting done to copy from instead of the PS2 format. I have started on the story but might take a week or two to finish.

On the up side, I have really been enjoying playing the dark world in LPR. I am now up to level 40 for my characters starting chapter 5. I think I am going to be able to massacre just about everything in my path now while play testing the game. Prier now has two ultra rare Whips of Love, three star Dark Knuckles (~300 ATK) and angel shoes. She is a fighting machine now.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you'll probably be in a great position now. Even just getting over the 20-something area for Prier (due to the whale monster) tends to give a clear advantage, and 40 for all? You'll pulverize most things for a bit. I mean, the final boss is like level 64, so you don't have much to go before you're on par with him.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am getting close to finishing chapter 5. Look for a release in the next few days. Also I am mostly likely not going to continue hosting at tarranoth. My domain and web server bill is coming soon and I am not using it enough to be worth paying.

Can anyone recommend a good place to host the patch files and images for free?

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to this! 5 chapters is a pretty big chunk of the game. Good work so far!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Now its being detected as 2mb lol