Hardware PSP vs PS Vita Battery Degrade?

TigerTiger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is a basic question. I'm thinking about buying a PS Vita (probably slim, because I have sensitive wrists). The reason I'm interested is because I just can't seem to get the PSP battery to live very long. I had an OG battery which didn't work again after years of not being used, which is fair enough. Then I bought an OSTENT third party one since the reviews seemed good enough, and the top recommened one was no longer available. I took the advice online - don't overcharge, don't let it sit unused under 40% etc, and I almost never leave my PSP on standby. It worked for a bit, and then a few weeks of not using it and poof, the battery life has severly degraded and is decharging stupidly fast.

I have no intention of buying a new battery every time I want to play my PSP after a period of disuse, so here's my question: does the PS Vita suffer from this same issue? I know the battery's are probably different, but my OG NDS is at least 15 years old and the battery still seems fine every time I pick it up no matter how long it's been. As someone who doesn't play on hardware too often, being able to leave a console on a shelf and pick it up again later in the same condition is pretty important to me.

TigerTiger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I try not to, but it goes flat itself after not being used for a bit and it's not really ideal to me to have to remember to charge it a bit every few weeks when I'm not using it :/

Is it better to leave it outside of the PSP? I heard that you should leave it in but I'm not sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu