Gaming Puppy Linux vs DSL (Damn Small Linux)

al5911

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I tried Puppy linux v4.31 I believe, a while ago.Really like it but don't know how to costumize it to be look like windows (the gui).I tried GOOGLE but when read throu 2-4 pages, I didn't found what I'm looking for.Any one who can guide me or at least give a link/s to a good site for a beginner/NOOBS???

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not so well versed in DSL (although it is very similar) but puppy is my liveCD of choice unless I need something extra/special (passwords, hardware tests, server/cluster and the like).

Anyhow this is not so much a puppy linux question but a general linux question- to get to your GUI takes a few steps including the x window manager and what you see (as well as stuff on top of that or instead of "basic" features on occasion- stuff like compiz).
This is getting off topic though- the stock puppy linux distro uses JWM as do many built on it. "themes" is the word of choice here
http://dotpups.de/dotpups/WindowManagers/JWM-themes/ has a basic example for you to poke through but I sense http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=23260 is probably what you want to look at.

Similar arrangements exist for icewm and the other various secondary window managers.

al5911

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thanks sir for the links.Yep,I use my puppy linux just as a liveCD for now.I'm really interesting in linux but have very limited knowledge about linux.I'm for sure will learn more from the links/site s that you provide to me.Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game