Hacking Putting a custom ROM on a little known phone

greensciuto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi I have a problem with changing the rom on my phone, I have a little known device called Geotel Note and the fact that it is an unknown phone makes sure that when I go to install a custom rom and I have to select my device in the list does not appear, is there any way to make the custom rom compatible with the device?

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Developers tend to build ROMs for mainstream devices. There are just too many different (little known) manufacturers and way too many models. What I've read multiple times is, that devices with Mediatek SoC generally aren't supported because the lack of source codes. I'm just repeating this without actual knowledge, so this could be wrong.
Cheap, exotic phones often don't receive any official updates (and surely not higher Android versions) – which is an additional argument why one wants a custom ROM… and this will not exist.

The only thing you will hear over and over again when asking for custom ROMs or custom recoveries for *some exotic phone* is "You bought the wrong device. Get a […] instead!"

If you want to try out custom ROMs, it is a cost effective method to search for older phones that are supported by e.g. LineageOS.

BEatingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a problem with changing the rom on my phone, I have a little known device called Geotel Note and the fact that it is an unknown phone makes sure that when I go to install a custom rom and I have to select my device in the list does not appear, is there any way to make the custom rom compatible with the device?
Look at it as though it is "Mediatek"?
Post automatically merged:

Look at it as though it is "Mediatek"?
Sorry thinking about it use "SamFw.exe" phone-tool? comes with android generically and has a Mediatek option.. I use it to do random little things every now and then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and yes ik im stupid for using it