Homebrew Question about nand extraction/corruption

sniper_x002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So when installing a backup on my 3DS, the application froze. Now it won't boot past A9LH. Is my best course of action to restore an old nand backup?

If so, what should I do to minimize my losses? I'm guessing maybe somewhere there's a save folder I can take and keep for when I restore the old backup, then paste it back on. Is there anything else I should keep? I'm pretty clueless as what to do here. My last backup I believe is from December maybe since I haven't been using my 3DS very devotedly recently.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
SysNAND contains ONLY the tickets/seeds/keys of games/apps, not the saves or the actual game files, so just restore the most recent backup you have and import the keys for the games that no longer show up (but you had installed) with TikDevil or FBI. Besides that, going back to an old backup of the SysNAND may send you back to an earlier FW, so you will most likely need to update afterwards (not a big deal if on CFW). However, since you said you were installing a backup, that means you have a backup already, so just restore that again and that's it. I don't know why you are on a9lh still by the way, but the reason it's not booting could be the backup you did sent you from b9s back to a9lh so you are missing the arm9loaderhax.bin that a9lh uses instead of b9s's boot.firm, so boot problems can potentially be from something like that.

sniper_x002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@Titanica I meant B9S, I haven't paid much attention to the 3DS scene in the last few months so I forgot.

@ThoD So if my last backup was post-upgrade to B9S, all I would need to do is reinstall tickets and everything should be good? I haven't really played much recently, so outside of saves nothing much has changed. If that's so, thanks! I'll try and find my most recent backup. On another note, if I know exactly what the ID for the cia I was installing, it wouldn't be possible to manually delete it would it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *burp*