SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
David O'Reilly's latest project is a game about literally everything. A humorous narrator who sounds like he's giving a lecture from a liberal arts class in the 1950's tries to explain that you are entirely insignificant, yet invaluably important at the same time-- and that you are not only a part of everything, but that you ARE everything. Sound weird? Well, wait until you've played it!

2.jpg

1.jpg9.jpg 3.jpg

The goal of the game isn't immediately clear
, and to be honest there isn't really a goal at all except to "become" everything. The game (if you can call it that) is very short once you unlock all of your abilities, such as Descending and Ascending (methods of moving your scale or scope by large magnifications), and the ability to transform into anything you have previously become.

The narrative offers very thought-provoking insights into the scope of the universe and all the things that make it up. When you magnify down past the microscopic level, you end up viewing solar systems hidden away inside fractal arrangements. Vice versa, zooming up past galaxies brings you into the fractal world, which is contained inside atoms and will bring you back up into micro-organism level-- in other words, the universes contained inside one another are endless and infinitely traversable.

4.jpg

5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg8.jpg

Once you've picked up enough narratives and collectibles (there are a LOT, so completionists may have a good time with this title), you are tasked to return to one specific area from the infinite possibilities of universes you have already traversed. I would consider this the "end" of the game, and I won't spoil the puzzle element, but there is in fact a fairly easy way to return to your point of origin. Going into this end-game is a nightmarish hell, as the objects you find there put it, filled with all sorts of crazy and random things. Upon completing a few more puzzle-like sequences, you find that you can now become the game itself. Entering yourself as the game just drops you down into yourself-- it's very trippy.

Everything moves in a hilarious fashion; as if a 12 year old borrowed his mom's credit card to buy Game Maker Studio when it was on sale via Humble Bundle and could only figure out how to load pre-made models into the world. It's too hard to explain, but you can check it out for yourself from the trailer below.

To finish the game of Everything, you must become nothing... weird, right? It will all make sense if you play it. Beating the game congratulates you for completing the Tutorial, and gives you a few more powers that you can goof around with, and a shower of fireworks while you play. There seems to be a lot more narrative that I have yet to unlock, but I feel like it's just extra stuff to explore after the fact.

Last edited by SonyUSA,
Reactions: iVcU and Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest...