Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nujabes.jpg

He was one of the greatest Producers in hip-hop

Last night brought sad news for the underground hip hop community; it's been confirmed that Nujabes (née Jun Seba) died last month in a car accident in Tokyo. The Japanese hip hop DJ and producer was a mere 36 years old, and passed the same day the 7.3 earthquake hit the coast of Japan on February 26th. News of his death was not made public until yesterday when his label Hydeout Productions issued a statement online. Nujabes' family held a private burial in Japan.

Nujabes was known around the world for his jazz-infused, sophisticated take on hip hop beats, and a melancholy, nostalgic undertone to his music that has made for some of the most beautiful tracks to emerge from the underground. In addition to making music and founding a record label, he also owned influential record stores in Tokyo (Guiness Records, T Records) and worked on the soundtrack of Samurai Champloo, a famous anime about samurai and hip hop culture.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea who he is. I dont believe in celebrities for we are all important people. The celebrities doesnt know us but we know them ? Anyway, sorry to hear people died in Earthquake. Its horrible, man.

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^ I don't know why you're even talking about celebrities, especially in a thread about Nujabes since he was just another human being(like all of us). That sort topic needs its own thread.

Nujabes was never in the spotlight, only his music was. He never did any interviews, or none of that Brad Pitt/Lady GAGA/Leonardo Dicaprio shit one might think of when hearing or seeing the word "Celebrity". Very little is known about Nujabes' personal life. He let the instruments in his music speak for him.

I don't see his death as a terrible thing because his music has affected so many throughout the globe and it will continue to. His music is for the spiritual, provoking you to reflect and drown in deep thought, with the ability to manifest a true soul, humanistic characteristics, and understanding of self & life. A great teacher music is.

Samurai Champloo was the first anime I actually got into. I loved how the 4 elements of Hip Hop was in effect in Samurai Champloo, but the music is what really pulled me in.

Though he's no longer in the physical, his music has been engraved in existence and I'll just end this now by saying thank you Nujabes

ps. News of his passing was not released until a MONTH later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice