• Total voters

Berkstarboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My R4i B9S seems to be bricked. I know for sure that it can play ds games, as I have done it before, but when I accidently wiped my sd card and had to redownload the flasher for red firmware to b9s installer, it broke halfway. I’ve tried lots of other methods but none of them get the game to show up on the 3ds home screen, gm9 or the offical flasher (The one that doesn’t brick) I’ve tried things which are meant to fix this, but none of them corrected it. It would be wonderful if someone could help me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    632.9 KB · Views: 271

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Flashcarts flashed with the ntrboot can't be used as a normal DS flashcart anymore until you flash the original firmware again, exception is the AK2i. If you got the R4i with the switch, make sure you switch it back to flashcart mode.

If you got this flashcart: http://www.max-console.com/flashcar...om-all-regions-for-all-3ds-games-Red_B_9.html
you can download the tools from that website to drowngrade your flashcart into a usable flashcart again. Otherwise just stick the thing into a drawer somewhere until you get another 3DS you need to mod.

Berkstarboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Flashcarts flashed with the ntrboot can't be used as a normal DS flashcart anymore until you flash the original firmware again, exception is the AK2i. If you got the R4i with the switch, make sure you switch it back to flashcart mode.

If you got this flashcart: http://www.max-console.com/flashcar...om-all-regions-for-all-3ds-games-Red_B_9.html
you can download the tools from that website to drowngrade your flashcart into a usable flashcart again. Otherwise just stick the thing into a drawer somewhere until you get another 3DS you need to mod.

It is that card, however when I download the application and put it on my 3ds, it says the Flashcart is unkown and won’t let me flash it.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It is that card, however when I download the application and put it on my 3ds, it says the Flashcart is unkown and won’t let me flash it.
You have to flash it on a DS or DSi

You can't flash it from the 3DS. You also might have to have a spare flashcart that isn't ntrboot flashed to launch the flashing program.

---

I recommend you probably look into having another flashcart that is only dedicated to NDS games or you look into TWLoader to play your DS games if you only have that 1 flashcart.

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,

Berkstarboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg
You have to flash it on a DS or DSi

You can't flash it from the 3DS. You also might have to have a spare flashcart that isn't ntrboot flashed to launch the flashing program.

---

I recommend you probably look into having another flashcart that is only dedicated to NDS games or you look into TWLoader to play your DS games if you only have that 1 flashcart.

Oh, I thought I could fix on my 3ds as I had done it before (I had played a ds game, switched it back to b9s then got b9s for my friend and then I flashed it to a working state again, until it broke next time I tried it. Is it because of the new flasher messing up my device?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
View attachment 123534

Oh, I thought I could fix on my 3ds as I had done it before (I had played a ds game, switched it back to b9s then got b9s for my friend and then I flashed it to a working state again, until it broke next time I tried it. Is it because of the new flasher messing up my device?
Can you boot your 3DS like normal without the flashcart in? If you can, your option is to get another flashcart or use the TWLoader method.

SkillFeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe try the NTR Launcher with that thing i managed to use an old flashcard on my 3ds. It basically emulates a DSI startup

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Berkstarboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t know exactly what I did but I went to dump the flash of my r4i to check it, but it took long so I closed my 3ds and my r4i was magically fixed. Thanks to everyone who tried to help :yay3ds:

Reactions: SkillFeed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0