Hacking R4i GOLD 3DS RTS v6.1 or Supercard DSTWO?

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi,

I have a 3dsxl with latest firmware.

I just want to play some nds games on my 3ds and i want to know which one is best value for money?

I mean you both play the nds games, i don't want emulators or other homebrew just nds games.

I just found out that the new r4i gold supports directly the latest firmware.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
So far the DSTwo is the ONLY cart that has not needed a new hardware model in order to run on the DSi/3DS's latest firmware updates. This is partially because it reads some of the required boot data from the MicroSD, and partially because it can boot and update itself even after blocked most of the time (though this should not be relied on as the primary update form).

Other flash cart makers are aware of these techniques, they just choose not to use them because it makes the cart more expensive.

Reactions: skarthebloodchild

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So far the DSTwo is the ONLY cart that has not needed a new hardware model in order to run on the DSi/3DS's latest firmware updates. This is partially because it reads some of the required boot data from the MicroSD, and partially because it can boot and update itself even after blocked most of the time (though this should not be relied on as the primary update form).

Other flash cart makers are aware of these techniques, they just choose not to use them because it makes the cart more expensive.

1 more question about the already ap patched games on supercard dstwo. Do they work ?

Thanks Rydian.

Off to order a dstwo from http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=135

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1