Hacking r4i

Latyana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was wondering why there are two different fronts on the nds card site. the one that 3ds guide says to use to purchase your r4i. i got one here that has the lower case i thingie on the lower side of the R4 on card. i noticed on the site itself tho that there is another shown with the i being above the R4 part. so im just curious why that is. is the one i got fake?? everything looks exactly like it should from the site. even the back of the card. if anyone knows it be a big help

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was wondering why there are two different fronts on the nds card site. the one that 3ds guide says to use to purchase your r4i. i got one here that has the lower case i thingie on the lower side of the R4 on card. i noticed on the site itself tho that there is another shown with the i being above the R4 part. so im just curious why that is. is the one i got fake?? everything looks exactly like it should from the site. even the back of the card. if anyone knows it be a big help
r4i cards were made to work on DSi/3DS, so it's probably an upgraded model of the card you have
If your card looks exactly like any of these you should be good for ntrboot
ntrboot-flashcarts.png

Reactions: Latyana

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
If anything I recommend grabbing the R4iSDHC Series of cards. I own the R4iSDHC Dual Core and it works wonderfully. Especially for homebrew and games.

Also if you wish to grab one of these cards, I recommend grabbing them from a USA seller; since they're not imported upon purchase. Just shipped to your location.

Also, a ton of R4i Sites have been taken down or were moved to other domains. So I'm not surprised you're having issues. If you ever need an R4i Firmware though, I know where to grab them.

EDIT:

Also fake cards have Seals of Approval just like Official ones. There are of course differences; so if you can find a Reference sheet, that'll help.

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,

Latyana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The nds-card .com site shows both the card just like I got even the one with the I upper side. Everything looks like the site shows. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20180710_155841.jpg
    IMG_20180710_155841.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 82

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The nds-card .com site shows both the card just like I got even the one with the I upper side. Everything looks like the site shows. Lol
That card looks exactly like mine, so I'd say it's real
Snapchat-1623914896.jpg

Latyana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i c
That card looks exactly like mine, so I'd say it's real
Snapchat-1623914896.jpg
[/QUOTE i checked the site it shows on front even it showed this card we got . so im calmer about it. i just didnt wanna think it could be fake considering the 3ds guide showed the site to buy. whew. now onto to hacking my system. lol. wish me luck. and have a good day ricken. tyvm.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh and its fine bout a sucky pic. i thought mine sucked too. i didnt have a light on it

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i c

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh and its fine bout a sucky pic. i thought mine sucked too. i didnt have a light on it
At least it was readable, lol
If somehow we both got fake cards, I can at least assure you it runs DS roms and works with ntrboot. There's a switch inside of the cart you toggle to change it from ntrboot mode to DS flashcart mode, if you didn't already know

Latyana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least it was readable, lol
If somehow we both got fake cards, I can at least assure you it runs DS roms and works with ntrboot. There's a switch inside of the cart you toggle to change it from ntrboot mode to DS flashcart mode, if you didn't already know
oh yes i know it. now im looking up in this site of when to add the luma to this stuff whilst im getting it to b9s. has you download the file but doesnt say to add it in either 3ds.guide nor does it show it in the r4i site of that. just strange. expects it to load luma without the luma file in it. lol

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4i Gold 3DS Plus is a real flashcart, it is a clone in terms of the flashcart name (being an R4), however it is supported by the real Wood R4 team. This flashcart is actually pretty popular and recommended for users to get these days. The R4i SDHC 3DS RTS, R4i SDHC 3DS B9S, R4i SDHC Dual-Core, R4i SDHC RTS Lite, and the R4i SDHC Gold Pro are all time bomb flashcarts with crummy R4 kernels, running YSmenu on them is fine and dandy but that has some problems of its own.

Latyana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4i Gold 3DS Plus is a real flashcart, it is a clone in terms of the flashcart name (being an R4), however it is supported by the real Wood R4 team. This flashcart is actually pretty popular and recommended for users to get these days. The R4i SDHC 3DS RTS, R4i SDHC 3DS B9S, R4i SDHC Dual-Core, R4i SDHC RTS Lite, and the R4i SDHC Gold Pro are all time bomb flashcarts with crummy R4 kernels, running YSmenu on them is fine and dandy but that has some problems of its own.
i never did understand that time bomb thing. care to explain it?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never did understand that time bomb thing. care to explain it?
Time bomb - Basically a set date when the flashcart kernel is set to "expire" and become unusable, rendering you unable to play any games or do anything in general. It will most likely prompt you to update the kernel from the website. By then it isn't possible because the way they keep making the technology of the flashcarts it will get to the point that whenever the expiration date is met a new line of carts will be out and the new kernels for them will only work on the those new models, forcing you to buy a newer model. Luckily there is two ways to fix this, one way is setting the DS clock back a year or so, second way is with YSmenu, that kernel has some issues of its own though so it's a tough situation all together.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

Latyana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time bomb - Basically a set date when the flashcart kernel is set to "expire" and become unusable, rendering you unable to play any games or do anything in general. It will most likely prompt you to update the kernel from the website. By then it isn't possible because the way they keep making the technology of the flashcarts it will get to the point that whenever the expiration date is met a new line of carts will be out and the new kernels for them will only work on the those new models, forcing you to buy a newer model. Luckily there is two ways to fix this, one way is setting the DS clock back a year or so, second way is with YSmenu, that kernel has some issues of its own though so it's a tough situation all together.
oh i see. sounds so complicated. ugh. ty for explaining that.

Latyana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, hope that helps you find the flashcart you want.
i have it already. lol. its why i made this post. i wanted to be sure i got an actual copy of it and not a clone or fake. whatever we call it. i just recieved it the day i made this post. and was so nervous because i hadn't ever done cfw this way. XD anymew ty again for the help. i'm of to find a fix for the problem on the other 3ds that my husband uses

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: