Rare 'supergiant' crustaceans pulled from depths of sea

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
humans and animals are about at the same level, what we've done and "accomplished" doesn't make us any better off or worse. We're just dumb animals like the rest of the planet. We have no more importance here in existance then a super nova does in space. It just happens, we're just a cosmic coincidence just like anything else. So we managed to make it to the top of the food chain... what do we want a fucking medal? lol

We've created culture, societies, art, etc. We've discovered secrets about the very universe itself, from the smallest of particles to the largest of star clusters. We have expanded beyond the constraints of this planet and reached into the cosmos above. I think that pretty clearly separates us from the pack.

And of course, in the grand scheme of the universe, we are pretty insignificant. I'd call us specks, but that would be way too favorable of an exaggeration. But look at this way; from all that randomness and chaos, when life is so exceedingly rare, we emerged. And through all of the disasters that befell us, we as a species survived and persevered to where we are today. That is certainly an achievement; there's nothing wrong with taking a little pride in that.

To keep this post at least partially on topic, though... that's still a pretty huge shrimp.

Reactions: 1 person

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
The food chain is basically a natural heirachy. The top dog can't survive without the little guys, and vice versa.
Humans have an important role as growth limiting factors in many food chains.

Thing for you veggies to think about though - If every one was vegan like in your ideal world, man would consume the worlds entire first food tier. That would mean that the animals you want to protect would be killed by your self righteousness.

Reactions: 2 people

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
That Shrimp, for some reason, looks bland to me.. Well, Seafood is Seafood :D

humans and animals are about at the same level, what we've done and "accomplished" doesn't make us any better off or worse. We're just dumb animals like the rest of the planet. We have no more importance here in existance then a super nova does in space. It just happens, we're just a cosmic coincidence just like anything else. So we managed to make it to the top of the food chain... what do we want a fucking medal? lol

We've created culture, societies, art, etc. We've discovered secrets about the very universe itself, from the smallest of particles to the largest of star clusters. We have expanded beyond the constraints of this planet and reached into the cosmos above. I think that pretty clearly separates us from the pack.

And of course, in the grand scheme of the universe, we are pretty insignificant. I'd call us specks, but that would be way too favorable of an exaggeration. But look at this way; from all that randomness and chaos, when life is so exceedingly rare, we emerged. And through all of the disasters that befell us, we as a species survived and persevered to where we are today. That is certainly an achievement; there's nothing wrong with taking a little pride in that.

To keep this post at least partially on topic, though... that's still a pretty huge shrimp.

Gahars, that speech was just..beautiful :yay:

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: wut