• Replies 24
  • Likes 5

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've made a living with my art for a little over 20 years. Mostly as a professional tattoo artist. Sacramento, Hollywood, Las Vegas, and other shit holes. I have also done a lot of freelance work, like album, and book covers. Business logo's. you get the idea. It's hard as fuck making a living off of ones creativity and art work. Nobody will ever appreciate your work like you do. you can spend days working on a piece. when you show it to someone they will look at it for 30 seconds tops, then move on. asking someone who isn't an artist what they think about your work is setting yourself up for frustration. they can tell you if they like or dislike the piece, but they are not qualified to tell you what, if anything is wrong with it. your work looks really good. hopefully you will be one of the few artists to make a living at it. If not, you still owe it to yourself to continue to create art.

D

Deleted User

OP
It's okay as long as you don't see grey-ish tones, or completely black tones.
I've made a living with my art for a little over 20 years. Mostly as a professional tattoo artist. Sacramento, Hollywood, Las Vegas, and other shit holes. I have also done a lot of freelance work, like album, and book covers. Business logo's. you get the idea. It's hard as fuck making a living off of ones creativity and art work. Nobody will ever appreciate your work like you do. you can spend days working on a piece. when you show it to someone they will look at it for 30 seconds tops, then move on. asking someone who isn't an artist what they think about your work is setting yourself up for frustration. they can tell you if they like or dislike the piece, but they are not qualified to tell you what, if anything is wrong with it. your work looks really good. hopefully you will be one of the few artists to make a living at it. If not, you still owe it to yourself to continue to create art.

Really appreciated. But I am looking for opinions on my colors.
Again, on my laptop they look Darker in value and contrast. On my monitir they look warm and posterized. There's a huuuuge gap in values and contrast between the two screens (lap/monitor)

I wanted to know if colors look okay on your display.

Some already have told me that they look ok, so I guess I'll atop plating around with my monitor settings.

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... as you wish.
Congrats on your success as an artist.

After 20 years of touching and tattooing dirty, stinky ass motherfuckers I finally retired. I still draw for pleasure,but now i repair electronics for a living.

I'm sure you already know this, but all but the best screens are not able to replicate color accurately. even when correctly calibrated. I still prefer to sketch on paper, but the rest I do digitally. This is what I use, and even it isn't able to replicate color the way it should.
https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Cintiq-21-Inch-Display-DTK2200/dp/B008HB5K5O

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY