Rate my new Ava plz

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, made a new avatar and would like to know if everyone here will start scrolling away from my posts due to that awful avatar or not
tongue.gif

I made it acidentaly while just playing around with ps but i liked it ... ... but two ppl already told me its bad ... (in another forum)

(i posted here cuz i don't really think it belongs in the art section ... just want some opinions even if its spam
biggrin.gif
)

---edit---

i forgot to explain ...

that ava should be ... umm nothing ... just some .. umm .. you know like the modern art which could have been made from monkeys ... ... just something ... umm ... like ... umm dropped ink or something ?
tongue.gif

-----edit------

AvaNeu.png

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i won't rate it because i didn't acquire that skill from the very little art classes i've attended... i WILL, though, tell you it looks cool but you could add something int he background... or put 'youkai' inside it... the youkai beneath it looks out of place, to me... that's only my opinion so don't take it too seriously =]

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmmm....
NEEDS SPICE!

BAM!

Maybe if your sig wasn't so lush, it'd be a little less of a mismatch.

Yeah the sig ... i have it cuz it was made from a nice GBATemp member together with my old ava and i had not the spirit to make another one which would fit better
unsure.gif

-----------

so you guys would say it's better without the name ? should be no problem to cut it ...

P.S. i won't mind if someone trys to make something that fits ... (than i wouldn't have the work
tongue.gif
)

I made one the same way i made the ava but i think it looks bad .... i hate angels ...
sigi.png
(cuz i am the opposite)

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I really dig the critter in your sig, though I know not where it's from..
.. I did a little TV-look animated ava.. It weighs in a little big,
3 frames at 16k, but there's a 2 frame 12k one I did too..
I was just playing around, but take a look anyway.
YoukaiAnim2.gif

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah but i wanted to change ... that thing looks to childish and nothing demon like :/

before i had a "pentakel" (dunno if its in english same as in german ..) the sign for dark magic and for the evil ...

GameJesus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your "pentakal" is not a sign of dark magic it is the pagan symbol for fertility and is commonly refered to dark arts/ satanic worshiping but know its roots. Just like the Swastika, which isnt bad at all just charactereized badly by Hitler

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Your "pentakal" is not a sign of dark magic it is the pagan symbol for fertility and is commonly refered to dark arts/ satanic worshiping but know its roots. Just like the Swastika, which isnt bad at all just charactereized badly by Hitler
Much like everything that is maligned for dark purposes, a pentacle if point-up is the fertility thing (or Rush's logo.) Point the tip down and throw a goat head in it and whammo blammo, you gots yer satanic belt-buckle. Same goes with a cross, turn it upside-down and there ya go... blaaaack metaaaaaaal!!!!!oneoneone111

There's also the clockwise vs. counterclockwise swastika junk, but I consider it co-opted by the nazis regardless of direction. Too bad, but waddya gonna do?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Much like everything that is maligned for dark purposes, a pentacle if point-up is the fertility thing (or Rush's logo.) Point the tip down and throw a goat head in it and whammo blammo, you gots yer satanic belt-buckle. Same goes with a cross, turn it upside-down and there ya go... blaaaack metaaaaaaal!!!!!oneoneone111

There's also the clockwise vs. counterclockwise swastika junk, but I consider it co-opted by the nazis regardless of direction. Too bad, but waddya gonna do?

The swastika (from Sanskrit ???????? svastika, from su "well", and asti "being", thus "good fortune" or "well-being") is an equilateral cross with its arms bent at right angles in either left-facing (?) or right-facing (?) direction.
- Wikipedia

So swastika means well being regardless of direction.

Secondly, you mean pentagram.

A pentacle or pantacle is an amulet used in magical evocation, generally made of parchment, paper or metal (although it can be of other materials), on which the symbol of a spirit or energy being evoked is drawn.

A pentagram (sometimes known as pentalpha or pentangle) is the shape of a five-pointed star drawn with five straight strokes. The word pentagram comes from the Greek word ???????????? (pentagrammon), a noun form of ???????????? (pentagrammos) or ???????????? (pentegrammos), a word meaning roughly "five-lined" or "five lines".

Pentagrams were used symbolically in ancient Greece and Babylonia. The Pentagram has magical associations, and many people who practice pagan faiths wear them. Christians once more commonly used the pentagram to represent the five wounds of Jesus[1][2], and it also has associations within Freemasonry.

The pentagram has long been associated with the planet Venus, and the worship of the goddess Venus, or her equivalent. It is also associated with the Roman Lucifer, who was Venus as the Morning Star, the bringer of light and knowledge. It is most likely to have originated from the observations of prehistoric astronomers.[citation needed] When viewed from Earth, successive inferior conjunctions of Venus plot a nearly perfect pentagram shape around the zodiac every eight years.
- Wikipedia (again)

Also, Christianity also uses pentagrams pointing down.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Also, Christianity also uses pentagrams pointing down.
..but they leave out the goat head... last time I checked anyway.
smile.gif

..my wife is Wiccan, so I got that stuff drilled into me pretty early on. Me, I'm a good old-fashioned atheist, so don't take any of it too seriously. Besides, I've found when I was traveling around in the pagan circles (so to speak), I'd get a little different definition of this-n-that than that last one I talked to (kinda the same with any belief system really.) So, grain of salt where I'm concerned. That being said, I read your whole post and appreciate your clarifications, regardless of thier Wikiness.

..and yes, I did mean pentagram... jeez, you'd think my being a priest of the temples of Syrinx would keep me from making those kinda mistakes. Damn great computers!
wink.gif
wink2.gif
wink.gif
wink2.gif

..and it really is too bad the nazis screwed up a good thing... there's a taint on the swastika that won't soon come off, in my view anyway.

So it goes.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hmm interesting ... and i thought all the time that pentagram (points up) white magic and pentakel (points down) black magic ...

but ok if its wrong umm ... yeah ... ok
tongue.gif

I don't believe in any of those relligios things so i might not be really informed about such.

P.S.

@mthrnite
Yeah using the necronomikon for ideas is never wrong "the book of the death names, bound in human flesh, writty by a arabian who went trough the dessert, got crazy and wrote the book with blood"
biggrin.gif

@5uck3rpunch
my new ava has nothing to do with demonic stuff
tongue.gif
was just some change from that childish style .

my old one was this with the "upsidedown pentagram" which i thought would mean dark magic
ava.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1