rbird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
rbird said:
Anyone else having trouble ripping? I keep trying Lego RB and it seems to abort just before finishing (or sometimes earlier). My wifi is pretty reliable, not sure what else could cause the issue. Ideas?

How big is the storage device you're ripping to?
1.5 TB, with almost 2/3 free.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all. I'm very excited about RawkSD 3, but I'm having some issues getting it to work properly. I have been able to get customs to work using my 2gb non-SDHC card (which is nothing new), but I can't get anything to work with my 16gb SDHC card, my 8gb USB stick, or the RiiFS setup. I can apparently use my real DLC from my SDHC card so something is working, but when tell RawkSD to install the customs to the SD card, nothing shows up when I run the app on the Wii. It also looks like when I install to the SD card, it doesn't create the cRBA etc folders as it should on the card. I'm sure that's the problem, but why is it doing that. Maybe I'm running the wrong version (still unpatched, of course) of IOS37, or maybe there is something else I'm missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All my disc are ready to Rawk!!

Thanks in advance

ddrsensation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why should other people work for you to get DLC hack working anyways? You should be thankful the devs are releasing RawkSD3 in the first place. It's quite the impressive program, and between all of the imports, I honestly almost forgot about DLC. Just because somebody knows how to do something doesn't mean that they have to do it, although I'm probably being a hypocrite, because I remember demanding for the DLC hack to work as well.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
Phew...I mentioned a couple times I couldn't get guitar hero 3 to import (it either has no charts or crashes with a loud beep). But with a wholelotta trial-and-error, I found a workaround: first export the songs to frets on fire, then import those. There are still some songs that don't work (one, through the fire and flames) and there's some occasional scrambled sound during others, but mostly they seem to work fine.
smile.gif

A different request: anyone got an ISO forwarder for rawksd3? I'm kinda clumsy navigating the HBC and all with my guitar.
blush.gif

Good luck getting a working forwarder for RawkSD. Last I checked even the WiiMC forwarder doesn't work with it.

rmaniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a little sad to see my DLC tickets go. All my stuff I bought on the Wii is there but other stuff is missing. I have/had no issues buying songs, I just did not want to buy them twice. I switched from Rockband PS3 to Rockband Wii and was excited to be able to use the DLC tickets so I could just redownload the songs I bought on PS3 onto the Wii. Then after that initial use of the tickets I never upgraded them so all the new songs that showed up I just purchased like a good little boy. I am sure I am in a tiny minority but I enjoy the feature and used it in what I think was a very fair. Sure Nintento missed out on some purchases but I would not have switched my Rockband to Wii if it has not been for the "pirate" tickets. So in the end they made money off my buying of the game and further DLC thanks to the "pirate" tickets. I guess I could alway work some songs in from FoF to replace my missing ones but I don't want to spend between $100 and $200 to get what I already paid for. If anyone has an easier way than converting the FoF stuff I'd love to get a PM about it. The last stuff I got off PSN before I switched to Wii was 7/09 so I don't need anything very new just some older stuff I already own for PS3.

RM

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
loving the actual release of rawksd 3... why the heck isnt this front page news?
secondly, the songs i imported of GH5 seem to be out of sync, as opposed to my imported RB:TP1 and RB2 songs... you seem to have to hit the note just before the note, while other songs seem to sync fine.
is this an issue anyone else has had, or am i doing something wrong?

c'mon, front page news guys, this has been in the making for AGES!
it was two weeks ago about 6 months ago ;P

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just went for a playlist of guitar hero 5 songs...can't say I noticed even the slightest out-of-sync issue. Are you sure it's not just a habit? I mean...if guitar hero 5 wasn't synced 100% correctly, it may now seem as if the songs on rock band 2 are out of sync.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Weird, I thought I posted a link to an embedded channel in my last post... I don't see a comment indicating a mod deleted the link, so I'm going to assume I just forgot to post it. (It's an image swap of the RB2 opening.bnr, so if that's an issue and a mod does delete this, please leave a comment so I don't think I just forgot again
tongue.gif
)

RawkSD 3.0 b4 embedded channel

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all. I have searched and found that there were issues with the GH3 and GHA imports on RawkSD2, but nothing about RawkSD3. I have found that running any of the GH3 and GHA imports freeze the game, but all my GH4+ and RB imports work fine. My GH imports that freeze were initially imported with the old RawkSD (which may be the issue, I'm redumping the discs to try again). Do you think it would make any difference re-importing the files? Is there anything else I should try?

Also, some of the RB1 import have strange volume levels (vocals are really quiet). Is this just the nature of the master track? Is this something from the RawkSD2 import? Would re-importing with RawkSD3 change anything?

Thanks in advance.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
drmarvin said:
Hi all. I have searched and found that there were issues with the GH3 and GHA imports on RawkSD2, but nothing about RawkSD3. I have found that running any of the GH3 and GHA imports freeze the game, but all my GH4+ and RB imports work fine. My GH imports that freeze were initially imported with the old RawkSD (which may be the issue, I'm redumping the discs to try again). Do you think it would make any difference re-importing the files? Is there anything else I should try?
Yup. I had that very same issue with GH3. I explained my workaround in some earlier posts, but found an easier one a bit later:

use rawkSD 2.02 to rip all your songs to an SD card (or as many as you can). Then open RawkSD 3 and open that same SD card. Voila...your songs should be there. From there, select the songs to install locally, switch to your USB drive (or wherever you want to have them) and install those local songs to that drive.
Perhaps it's even possible to rip directly from SD card to USB drive (haven't tested that). It's just the ripping from discs that messes up the songs.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
drmarvin said:
Yup. I had that very same issue with GH3. I explained my workaround in some earlier posts, but found an easier one a bit later:

use rawkSD 2.02 to rip all your songs to an SD card (or as many as you can). Then open RawkSD 3 and open that same SD card. Voila...your songs should be there. From there, select the songs to install locally, switch to your USB drive (or wherever you want to have them) and install those local songs to that drive.
Perhaps it's even possible to rip directly from SD card to USB drive (haven't tested that). It's just the ripping from discs that messes up the songs.

Try using CleanRip to dump your game to .iso and use the RawkSD3.0 PC app to rip the songs from the .iso. I haven't had any issues with any songs ripped from .iso's, and I've ripped every GH game and almost all of the RB games this way. Ripping with RawkSD2.0 will lose features such as drums in GH3 and will also use older audio transcoding which doesn't sound as good (and crashes on some GH2 songs).

PrimeTime 84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
qwertymodo said:
Weird, I thought I posted a link to an embedded channel in my last post... I don't see a comment indicating a mod deleted the link, so I'm going to assume I just forgot to post it. (It's an image swap of the RB2 opening.bnr, so if that's an issue and a mod does delete this, please leave a comment so I don't think I just forgot again
tongue.gif
)

RawkSD 3.0 b4 embedded channel
Thanks for the hard work!!
biggrin.gif

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi again

Just to verify, it's recommended to use something like CleanRip instead of the ripper in RawkSD? I have a GH3 rip from the app, but I haven't tried playing the songs yet.

Thanks

qwertymodo said:
Wever said:
drmarvin said:

Try using CleanRip to dump your game to .iso and use the RawkSD3.0 PC app to rip the songs from the .iso. I haven't had any issues with any songs ripped from .iso's, and I've ripped every GH game and almost all of the RB games this way. Ripping with RawkSD2.0 will lose features such as drums in GH3 and will also use older audio transcoding which doesn't sound as good (and crashes on some GH2 songs).

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what's "recommended", but that's what worked for me. If you can get one way to work and not the other, report it as a bug. Remember, this is still a beta. If you want it to improve, do your part and report bugs
yaywii.gif

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if it's something others have found, but when you rip GH3 with the app, then import, you don't get any difficulty levels, which means nothing shows up. I'll report this, but others may also find it. I haven't tested if adding difficulties actually makes them work (or even show up), but it seems like it would be a problem.

Hope this stops others from pulling out too much hair.

PrimeTime 84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I having lag in some notes with drum when playing through RiiFS. More frequently with songs from Guitar Hero than with customs. No problem with other instruments.

How can I fix this?

Thanks for support!
yaypsp.gif

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
drmarvin said:
I'm not sure if it's something others have found, but when you rip GH3 with the app, then import, you don't get any difficulty levels, which means nothing shows up. I'll report this, but others may also find it. I haven't tested if adding difficulties actually makes them work (or even show up), but it seems like it would be a problem.

The excellent people in the IRC channel have helped me with this one. Apparently RawkSD (or more validly, Windows), doesn't like foreign characters in the files. You need to edit importdata\16.xml. Both "Blue Oyster Cult" and "Doppelganger" have irregular characters that make the import crap out. Changing these to the regular letters make the import go smoothly, with proper difficulty levels and album names.

Cheers

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Posts merged

drmarvin said:
drmarvin said:

The excellent people in the IRC channel have helped me with this one. Apparently RawkSD (or more validly, Windows), doesn't like foreign characters in the files. You need to edit importdata\16.xml. Both "Blue Oyster Cult" and "Doppelganger" have irregular characters that make the import crap out. Changing these to the regular letters make the import go smoothly, with proper difficulty levels and album names.

Cheers
You mean all that is needed is change the word "Öyster" to "Oyster" and "Doppelgänger" to "Doppelganger" to fix everything? Even the other songs that don't have funny names?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy