Rayman legends no longer Wii U exclusive and Wii u version delayed

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ubisoft has announced that Rayman Legends has been delayed and will no longer be a Wii U exclusive. Legends will now hit Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U in early September, more than six months later than its original release date of February 26th.

Words cannot describe how much hate I'm feeling right now towards Ubisoft. They have to delay the WiiU version by 6 months for the PS3/360 owners, fuck that shit. Why torture the WiiU owners? The least you could do is you know, show some damn support for the system even if it means a timed exclusive. Fuck you Ubisoft.

Source

Reactions: gamefan5

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
the wiiU version will still have unique features that that other version do not have
also
it game may just be ported to the other systems(so they might not run as well)

but
the ps3 version could get cross controls to work the the vita (to use some of the features the wiiU gamepad has with the game)

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, they say they did it to please fans, but delaying the Wii U version while doing it is just stupid... They could have released it first, like some other companies do with other systems and games.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Words cannot describe how much hate I'm feeling right now towards Ubisoft. They have to delay the WiiU version by 6 months for the PS3/360 owners, fuck that shit. Why torture the WiiU owners? The least you could do is you know, show some damn support for the system even if it means a timed exclusive. Fuck you Ubisoft.

Source

Maybe they will use the extra time to make the Wii-U version even better.... LOL sorry....

I am not quite sure about this but I feel like they are doing the delay to boost sales? The issue is I don't see how that would work... It's not like some one is going to buy the game for multiple platforms in the first place so if they buy it on the Wii-U they are probably not going to bother with the other versions, also if they buy on the PS3 or 360, I really doubt some one is going to rush out to pick up the Wii-U version (although in this scenario at least you would get the whole gamepad thing for added benefit.)

Does suck having to wait, I played the Demo of other Rayman game on the Wii-U and its really good, probably going to buy it soon.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't mean to be a dick. But why does everyone hate when something goes multiplatform? I am happy that more people get to play it!
The game was supposed to be a launch title exclusive to the WiiU, it gets delayed to Feb. 26, this close, and then they just say "yeah, it's delayed another 6 months so we can port it to other consoles" Fuck that. I'm okay with shit being multiplatform, but this close to release basically sitting on a finished product, only to not release it until the other consoles get it... 6 FUCKING MONTHS LATER.. no, that's a bullshit move. That's a 10 month wait that WiiU owners have to wait to play this game, when they already gave us a demo. There's no justified reason behind it at all, they fucked WiiU owners over bad.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fvIGeni.gif

Well that made my day.

EDIT: Thank you, Ubisoft. Thank you so very much.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game was supposed to be a launch title exclusive to the WiiU, it gets delayed to Feb. 26, this close, and then they just say "yeah, it's delayed another 6 months so we can port it to other consoles" Fuck that. I'm okay with shit being multiplatform, but this close to release basically sitting on a finished product, only to not release it until the other consoles get it... 6 FUCKING MONTHS LATER.. no, that's a bullshit move. That's a 10 month wait that WiiU owners have to wait to play this game, when they already gave us a demo. There's no justified reason behind it at all, they fucked WiiU owners over bad.

You mean the Demo I have been playing is the game they are making us wait for??? Well damn they might have just lost a sale... lol

I think maybe they are delaying it so there will be more Wii owners closer to the next Holiday season?

Edit: If some one asks why this would cause me to not buy the game, in 6 months there are going to be a lot of other games out that I really want.... So while I do like this game, it's not going to win out over some other games for my $$$ at the time.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That's a bad move by Ubi. They could've kept it exclusive for these six months at least... And Zmizk (haha smisk på dig!) I don't hate it for becoming multiplat. It's the "Hey guise, we're making an exclusive game for wii U owners! Lol j/k!!" attitude that at least I hate.

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country

Okay... THAT I can understand... That's bullshit.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't mean to be a dick. But why does everyone hate when something goes multiplatform? I am happy that more people get to play it!
Personally my rage right now is the delay, 6 more months of waiting to play this game.
I just hope when the game is released the extra 6 months shows in the game.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally my rage right now is the delay, 6 more months of waiting to play this game.
I just hope when the game is released the extra 6 months shows in the game.

The only added thing the guy spoke of is that well, we get to use the GamePad. That's it. What you already played in the demo. That's not to say they can't add extra content, as an apology to WiiU owners, but lets be honest, they're not going to do that.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only added thing the guy spoke of is that well, we get to use the GamePad. That's it. What you already played in the demo. That's not to say they can't add extra content, as an apology to WiiU owners, but lets be honest, they're not going to do that.

That is why I LOLed in my first post when I said, "Maybe they will use the extra time to make the Wii-U version even better" this is Ubisoft we are talking about here... Not a bad company but not exactly the bastions of "Holy hell I have to have this game right now!!!"

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anyone is particularly mad the game is going to other platforms. Most people furious are mad at the fact the game was finished before the Wii U launched and was originally delayed to be released in about three weeks.

Three weeks has turned seven months to a game already finished.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
FUCK ME - my son asked me for a new wiiu game, I said we'll get this in a few weeks. The demo was ace... I was hyped ... now I'm just pissed off.. it's all about priorities and UBISOFT just jumped right of the fence and landed in the land of PS360 . No wonder us brits hate the french... (apologies to all GBAtemp french members, you can be the exception)...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto