Rayman legends no longer Wii U exclusive and Wii u version delayed

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't mean to be a dick. But why does everyone hate when something goes multiplatform? I am happy that more people get to play it!

As much as I'm with you when I say that, I'd love more people to experience a good game, however, I think I speak for a lot of Wii U owners when I say I'm really annoyed I have to wait 6/7 months to play it, because they want it all released simultaneously..., especially when we were mere WEEKS away from playing it!
If they don't actually respond to this hate, (Which since it seems the internet is exploding with hate about this right now, it'd be hard for them to do so), and release it on Wii U like they were supposed to, or at the very least, give Wii U version a lot of exclusive content, they have a lot of angry/unhappy fans. Especially people who were thought Rayman Legends was a reason to get Wii U early (I was one)

I'm getting fearful about Wii U's 3rd party again, what exclusives it's managed to get itself, are now spreading out elsewhere, and not getting a lot of multi platforms this year. Don't get me wrong, Wii U will likely do very well due to Nintendo games alone, as well as some exclusives, such as Xenoblade 2 (Mega hyped for that!), but it just seems to be showing that its not very attractive to most 3rd parties, as per usual for Nintendo consoles as of late, though we'll have a better indication when PS4/720 arrive and see how 3rd parties handle the situation then.
I think Nintendo really needs to add some sort of universal achievement system to their Wii U, I just feel I get more value on other console games that include achievements, than on the Wii U, which is just for the game itself really, not that I should expect more, but it seems standard and is more common (2/3 will offer them) and it doesn't look like the "No need to make achievements" for games is really bringing in developers right now...

Not a very good day for game news it seems today... although for non-owners of Wii U, I guess its a little better with rayman legends coming for you.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As much as I'm with you when I say that, I'd love more people to experience a good game, however, I think I speak for a lot of Wii U owners when I say I'm really annoyed I have to wait 6/7 months to play it, because they want it all released simultaneously..., especially when we were mere WEEKS away from playing it!
If they don't actually respond to this hate, (Which since it seems the internet is exploding with hate about this right now, it'd be hard for them to do so), and release it on Wii U like they were supposed to, or at the very least, give Wii U version a lot of exclusive content, they have a lot of angry/unhappy fans. Especially people who were thought Rayman Legends was a reason to get Wii U early (I was one)

I'm getting fearful about Wii U's 3rd party again, what exclusives it's managed to get itself, are now spreading out elsewhere, and not getting a lot of multi platforms this year. Don't get me wrong, Wii U will likely do very well due to Nintendo games alone, as well as some exclusives, such as Xenoblade 2 (Mega hyped for that!), but it just seems to be showing that its not very attractive to most 3rd parties, as per usual for Nintendo consoles as of late, though we'll have a better indication when PS4/720 arrive and see how 3rd parties handle the situation then.
I think Nintendo really needs to add some sort of universal achievement system to their Wii U, I just feel I get more value on other console games that include achievements, than on the Wii U, which is just for the game itself really, not that I should expect more, but it seems standard and is more common (2/3 will offer them) and it doesn't look like the "No need to make achievements" for games is really bringing in developers right now...

Not a very good day for game news it seems today... although for non-owners of Wii U, I guess its a little better with rayman legends coming for you.

What's funny is Ubisoft and many other third party devs praise the WiiU for the second screen saying that it allows for opporutnitiaehaonafonsa blah blah blah blah you know the rest. But the thing is, none of them will develop for it or show it love aside from a select few.

I'm sorry but this really pissed me off, I'm actually gonna go cancel my pre-order and get the game used. I'm not supporting this type of bullshit moves by companies. Like I said, I don't mind and am happy that PS3/360 owners get to play it, but they severely fucked WiiU owners over baaad.

Reactions: linuxGuru and LAA

yagami69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it is a good platformer, it is not a bad decision to port the game to PS360, but the delay for the WiiU version has no point at all, they had to just release WiiU version and then if the PS360 had some changes to the levels they could include as an update to WiiU

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Words cannot describe how much hate I'm feeling right now towards Ubisoft. They have to delay the WiiU version by 6 months for the PS3/360 owners, fuck that shit. Why torture the WiiU owners? The least you could do is you know, show some damn support for the system even if it means a timed exclusive. Fuck you Ubisoft.

Source

Let the hate flow through you.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
What's funny is Ubisoft and many other third party devs praise the WiiU for the second screen saying that it allows for opporutnitiaehaonafonsa blah blah blah blah you know the rest. But the thing is, none of them will develop for it or show it love aside from a select few.

I'm sorry but this really pissed me off, I'm actually gonna go cancel my pre-order and get the game used. I'm not supporting this type of bullshit moves by companies. Like I said, I don't mind and am happy that PS3/360 owners get to play it, but they severely fucked WiiU owners over baaad.

Yeah I thought that too. Ubisoft were really one of the only companies that seemed to genunely support the console, and now this. I may be joining you on that, ha ha, not usually a person to do things to spite a company, but I am genuinely annoyed about it. Next game I want on Wii U is... Pikmin 3 really... I am tempted by Lego City/Monster Hunter 3, but not sure.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Boohoo more people get to play the game.

Seriously, are we so exclusionist that we must get buttmad over more people playing a game?

Looks like you didn't actually read what people are saying and are annoyed about...
There are probably people annoyed about that, but I don't get that feeling on this thread that its a majority.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Boohoo more people get to play the game.

Seriously, are we so exclusionist that we must get buttmad over more people playing a game?

AGAIN

- Game has been delayed twice (now)
- Released demo
- Basically sitting on finished product
- Like 3 weeks away from launch
- another 7 month delay

It's not the exclusivity that pisses people off (from what I'm seeing on sites). It's the fact that they're delaying a finished game just to release it on other consoles. There's no reason why they can't release it on WiiU now for 7 months, and still port it to other consoles. What doesn't help them is that it will be launching alongside GTAV and near possible Next Box and PS4 launches.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fucking stoked. I want to play this on my Vita. It's done now so all you pussypants that are bitching are going to change that now. Can you blame Ubi for wanting to make money? If they don't there's not going to be another Rahman.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Delayed so more people can get it.

I don't see how this isn't acceptable.
Because the game should be already finished by now. They could just release the WiiU version now and spend the next 6-7 months porting it instead of WiiU owners having to wait that long just for it to get ported to a system they didn't want to buy the game for anyway.

Reactions: Wizerzak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5