• Views 1,076,173
  • Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

temper999

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do I need to disable any kind of AutoRCM before restoring the full NAND?
AutoRCM is more or less "installed" into BOOT. So after reflashing a BOOT0/1 backup from before installing AutoRCM it would be gone automaticly.
If you are just reflashing a RAWNAND backup it doesnt matter.

Reactions: RAGER

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got my fully verified clean backup, ~130 mins, then spent even longer generating sha256 checksums for each file and rar'ing it all away at max compression. Feeling secure af and safe to start hacking. Cheers!

Reactions: tiliarou and Azel

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@CTCaer there is something I can do?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I dont know if it is relevant but I first restore rawnand and boot0/1 after.
No it doesn't matter. You tried to boot with the stock option? Maybe the atmosphere parts create an incompatibility.

About autorcm and restoring.
This doesn't matter. The autorcm is on BOOT0. Whatever condition your BOOT0 was when you made the backup, that's what you get.

DaINFamousJN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to do a nand backup, but have already used sx os. Is this going to be a problem? Are there any steps i should take like uninstall Auto RCM, or boot into original firmware first?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to do a nand backup, but have already used sx os. Is this going to be a problem? Are there any steps i should take like uninstall Auto RCM, or boot into original firmware first?
This doesn't matter. The autorcm is on BOOT0. Whatever condition your BOOT0 was when you made the backup, that's what you get.
SX OS doesn't affect the NAND backup. You have to boot using his mod of Hekate instead of the SX OS loader.

manzel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
I backuped the RAW NAND before I started with homebrew and SX OS but I realised just now that I also need BOOT 0 and BOOT 1. Will the later created BOOT files be compatible with my RAW NAND backup which I did a week ago and will I be safe if I roll back to the original NAND (before SX OS) and the BOOT partitions (after SX OS)?

Last edited by manzel,

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Got my fully verified clean backup, ~130 mins, then spent even longer generating sha256 checksums for each file and rar'ing it all away at max compression. Feeling secure af and safe to start hacking. Cheers!

Welp! I just started my NAND Dump and didnt realise it could take upto 2 hours.. I cant see the battery level - can I plug into my PC to charge whilst the backup runs? If not how do I quit out of this backup routine.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can I use this to update from 4.2 to latest firmware and the use sx pro?
Hekate is not a firmware upgrader.

I backuped the RAW NAND before I started with homebrew and SX OS but I realised just now that I also need BOOT 0 and BOOT 1. Will the later created BOOT files be compatible with my RAW NAND backup which I did a week ago and will I be safe if I roll back to the original NAND (before SX OS) and the BOOT partitions (after SX OS)?
I don't know what is that extra data that is written to BOOT0 every-time you boot into Horizon. It might be checked and match.

Welp! I just started my NAND Dump and didnt realise it could take upto 2 hours.. I cant see the battery level - can I plug into my PC to charge whilst the backup runs? If not how do I quit out of this backup routine.
Yeah plug it. You can unplug/plug the USB cable to a PC or wall adapter at will when in Hekate.
And this will always charge your battery. The battery charger is autonomous.

Reactions: kspirit and KTroopA

Vroksjab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Huh... The checksum for rawnand.bin backed up with 3.0 differs from the checksum made with 3.1. Yet, no changes made to the Switch itself (installation or other). Weird.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Huh... The checksum for rawnand.bin backed up with 3.0 differs from the checksum made with 3.1. Yet, no changes made to the Switch itself (installation or other). Weird.
Weird? Nope.
The moment you see the Switch logo, switch does changes to BOOT0 and rawnand.bin.
That's the case with every OS.

EDIT:
Even if 1 bit is changed, the hash will change.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What's the best advice @CTCaer?
Do a rawnand backup with autorcm enabled or disable it first then do the backup?
Doesn't matter if you are not having an upgraded firmware with no fuse burnt.

I would suggest to always write it, if it's on. (e.g. rawnand_autorcm-hekate.bin).
And if you have an upgraded fw (with no burnt fuses), always leave it enabled when you are doing backups, so if you want to restore, you won't reboot by mistake into nx bootloader and burn your fuses.

EDIT:
Notice the naming. autorcm-hekate. There are different methods of corrupting the BCTs. So they can only be restored by the tool used.

Reactions: Zumoly

Bernhard

Psycho
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what actually means "Auto boot"? can someone pls explain this to me?^^ every time we reboot the switch, we get into hekata? or am i wrong?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and i know it sounds silly ... a little bit xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Uremums a hottake