Not open for further replies.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What mission doesn't work on the switch port?
Also note that save games aren't compatible due to endianness.
I can't get past the mission before you open up the 2nd section of the game.
Right after the Mafia betrays you and you have to move to the other island.
After that, I get the $20'000 money bonus, and just a few seconds after that it crashes for me.
I tried several times, like 10 times or so, and it always crashes either a couple seconds after that, or just some more seconds afterwards.

I can't do anything else outside of that, so I can't progress anymore in the game in the Switch version.
Hopefully with this I can finally complete it.

kfrfansub

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you very much for this work. It works like a charm!

I know that it's not the thread for that but is it possible for you to port a simple video player to the wiiu? It's the last thing this plateform hasn't.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is truly amazing. Does this mean there is hope for any of the other GTA 3 engine games (Vice City, San Andreas, or either stories game)? Or is it not that simple? I imagine it isn't, but I gotta know.

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is truly amazing. Does this mean there is hope for any of the other GTA 3 engine games (Vice City, San Andreas, or either stories game)? Or is it not that simple? I imagine it isn't, but I gotta know.
@MikaDubbz , exactly man, you read my thoughts on it; because I would like to ask the same to Gary, and I would like to add (and just for asking) always to @GaryOderNichts:

Because I re-watched the specs of the Wii U (CPU, GPU , vRAM , RAM and so on..) so, obviously the console respect the Specs Requirements of it - if we watch and compared with counterpart PC - to let this port run on the Wii U. So, my question it's, do you think that any PC games from these years (GTA3 years) and respectively the similar specs games requirements could be ported and run on Wii U? I don't want make it feel that it's easy to do that, but I would like to understand if could be possible, especially from the experience that you maturated to release out this great GTA3.....

Last edited by CrisMod,
Reactions: matahaken

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
i tried to build the channel version. it gives an error about Wii U common key. im sure the Wii U common key is correct.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Vice City can be ported as well, since it is a branch of the re3 project (reVC). It was ported to Switch and it performs alright. Problem is, it's not nearly as polished as re3 and it crashes more often.

San Andreas is a different beast. It hasn't been reversed so don't expect anything soon™.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i tried to build the channel version. it gives an error about Wii U common key. im sure the Wii U common key is correct.
I copied the common key I have saved in Teconmoons injector. Starts D7 ends in 656 for reference.
Be sure you haven't put an extra space between the beginning of the key and the line -encryptKeyWith

I actually made a bat file to run it from desktop I can share if needed? Common key removed of course!

Can anyone answer the one thing that's doing my head in, why the name re3?? Where does the term re come from and stand for? All i can think of is remastered edition???

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I copied the common key I have saved in Teconmoons injector. Starts D7 ends in 656 for reference.
Be sure you haven't put an extra space between the beginning of the key and the line -encryptKeyWith

I actually made a bat file to run it from desktop I can share if needed? Common key removed of course!

Can anyone answer the one thing that's doing my head in, why the name re3?? Where does the term re come from and stand for? All i can think of is remastered edition???
I'm assuming Reverse Engineered or something.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does this mean there is hope for any of the other GTA 3 engine games (Vice City, San Andreas, or either stories game)?
Vice City is possible and I'll definitely look into it. I'll wait with a release until it's polished though. As @stranno already said, it's unfinished and has a few issues.

Because I re-watched the specs of the Wii U (CPU, GPU , vRAM , RAM and so on..) so, obviously the console respect the Specs Requirements of it - if we watch and compared with counterpart PC - to let this port run on the Wii U. So, my question it's, do you think that any PC games from these years (GTA3 years) and respectively the similar specs games requirements could be ported and run on Wii U? I don't want make it feel that it's easy to do that, but I would like to understand if could be possible, especially from the experience that you maturated to release out this great GTA3.....
The biggest issue with porting re3 seems to be audio. It's loading the files and decoding them while playing the game. The vita port seems to also struggle with decoding the audio.
The issue I'm having with the Wii U port is the slow I/O speeds. Loading the audio files takes way too long which causes stutters.
I'm already looking into that and there are a few improvements that can be made.

Hmm weird. Make sure you have no spaces in the key. I'm using one that's all lowercase, maybe that makes a difference?

As people already said, I'm pretty sure it comes from reverse engineered.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Makes sense, thanks for the answer! Just want to say also, it runs great man!

I use the channel version and as someone else said earlier, the only slight hiccup I've seen so far is the slight delay when pausing the game but other than that it's great so far. That certainly is not a problem! Your work and effort on this is greatly appreciated!

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Happy New year to everyone :yayu:!

So, just for references to @GaryOderNichts and to whom would like to compare the situations between all of us.

These past couple of days, I did different tests on the installation process and build the files; to understand what can be possible, what no and which things could be better with this GTA 3 port.

For all these tests I used the followings game version and hardware (even if all we well know the bottleneck interface of the Wii U, but the (SD/USB) over specs it stills to influence on it and beneficial from in positive way):
  • GTA 3 v. 1.1.
  • Micro SD Card (with adapter) Read: up to 100MB/s - Write: up to 90MB/s
  • Latest USB Pen driver model Read: up to 300MB/s - Write: up to (around) 70MB/s
About Build preparation and Installation:

• From my side I noticed that CEMU (Wii U emulator), it’s not working with this port because will freeze on the first booting GTA 3 picture. I have tested it, in 3 ways:
  1. The files packed with the channels.zip by loading the re3.rpx
  2. Install the game by the meta.xml as a real installation with the same building from the channels.zip.
  3. The files packed with gamefiles.zip + the proper re3.rpx and loading the own re3.rpx as you make with HBL.
  • Use the code, content and meta folder to run the game from Loadiine GX2 (so the game loading and run by the SD). The Game plays smoothly and conversely to @GaryOderNichts , I don’t have any issues with the delay or cracking fps when stream the Audio. So, the Audio it’s well synchronized with the rest of the images. Probably here, what plays well, it’s the choice of the hardware specs that everyone it’s choosing to play with it. And lastly, for strange, the loading time from USB and SD are perform in the same way. Where with the Wii U games, I can see slightly the differences in loading time between SD and USB, but could be many things (that way how Loadiine GX2 manage the packages or the optimizations or the bus speed for some specific high-performance game. But here, no differences).
  • Install the game as Wii U channel to the USB, it performs well
  • Install the game to the Internal NAND, the game it will install by the WUP GX2 Installer but for weird once I try to open the game from the Wii U menu I will get the Code Error 199-9999. That this, couldn’t be possible because I have the CBHC and in the USB side it’s run well, but in the NAND side it will not. I have tested in 3 Wii U console with the same result, here could be the RPX file? @GaryOderNichts what do you think?
  • To run by the HBL, I didn’t try but I believe that should working.
About Build preparation with mods:

As per title, I did try to prepare the game with some High-Quality Mod Texture (in internet you can find a loooot on this game), but always I got freeze on the boot game. The minor changes mods, are seems to working (like guns and so on) this need to be tested more deeply because to test you can choose really a lot of files in internet. I tested all the High Images Mod to improve the textures, by CEMU and real Console but nothing works for now; I tried to do it in different ways, like with some extra files textures or replace exactly the same as the same files that needs to run the game on Wii U.

So, this it’s my actual situation. And to whom would like to replace the Re images from the icon, icon title to the booting; below I leave the TGAs modified to have GTA 3 looking. So, if you would like the game icon and booting to feel more GTA 3 style, replace the entire meta folder with the one below.

In general the game it's perform well ;)

Attachments

• meta.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 258
Last edited by CrisMod,

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
These past couple of days, I did different tests on the installation process and build the files; to understand what can be possible, what no and which things could be better with this GTA 3 port.
Thank you for all the testing. Really interesting results.

From my side I noticed that CEMU (Wii U emulator), it’s not working with this port because will freeze on the first booting GTA 3 picture.
Yeah I know. Cemu is missing support for working dirs and a few GX2R functions aren't implemented. I hope they can add that in the future.

Install the game to the Internal NAND, the game it will install by the WUP GX2 Installer but for weird once I try to open the game from the Wii U menu I will get the Code Error 199-9999. That this, couldn’t be possible because I have the CBHC and in the USB side it’s run well, but in the NAND side it will not. I have tested in 3 Wii U console with the same result, here could be the RPX file? @GaryOderNichts what do you think?
Hmm weird. That works fine for me with haxchi. Could this be related to your meta files?

As per title, I did try to prepare the game with some High-Quality Mod Texture (in internet you can find a loooot on this game), but always I got freeze on the boot game.
I haven't tested any sorts of modifications yet.
I don't know if big modifications are supported by re3 and librw at all.
Can you try using those in a PC build of re3 and see if they work?

below I leave the TGAs modified to have GTA 3 looking. So, if you would like the game icon and booting to feel more GTA 3 style, replace the entire meta folder with the one below.
Looks quite nice. Definitely an upgrade over the re3 images I made in a few minutes.

Reactions: CrisMod

cokeman118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed this as a channel. Before the game starts I get an error saying "cannot convert textures for your video card. You must login an Administrator account to do this. Press ESC to quit." I have to then shut off the console. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I installed this as a channel. Before the game starts I get an error saying "cannot convert textures for your video card. You must login an Administrator account to do this. Press ESC to quit." I have to then shut off the console. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.
Make sure you have a SD Card inserted. Also make sure the console can write to it. Check that it isn't locked.
The channel writes the converted textures to the SD Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...