Reason #673 why I now really f*cking hate Sony.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sony just got a good kick in the nuts in the last 1-2 hour or so....DA just released Custom firmware 2.71 SE-B and from everything so far, rox. Good job to DA and no time better than now to deal a blow to Sony's ego.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
well, I was seriously considering buying another ps2 so I can buy and play okami, but now I will not.
I dont care if jesus's second coming is a playstation exclusive, fuck sony, theyre not seeing a single dime of mine.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
From now on the word HATING got a new definition! Wow! I never knew hatred could feel sooo good! hehe...

But I still am horrified by the reactions from the Playstation community. It's soooo mellow, they're even cheering sometimes: "Way to go Sony!". Is that the "through thick or thin" mentality of a fanboy or are WE too dumb or Ninty-minded to see some justice in this action?

I JUST REALLY WANT TO KNOW: WHY DO THE SONY FANS THINK THIS IS RIGHT!! (cause every reasonably sane person would say this is wrong!)

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own one Sony product because they usually break. All I have is a Gamecube, GBA SP and a Laptop but I don't see why Lik-Sang should get to do things that other retailers don't.

European prices being higher could be due to fees that either the regional retailers or Sony themselves have to pay or taxes of some sort that have to be covered. Also aren't most Euro releases done in multiple languages? I know it usually contributes to delays but it may also contribute to cost and other things.

Europe is a totally different territory than either the U.S. or Japan since it's much more diverse as a region.

THeLL

Trophies
Website
www.acekard3ds.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's the basics of economics: You buy where it is the cheapest. But Sony can't stand that, and now they waste millions on dollars on making it region coded and having lawsuits against fair sellers... They should just release the PS3 at the same time everywhere, not always fuck Europe!!!

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I don't own one Sony product because they usually break. All I have is a Gamecube, GBA SP and a Laptop but I don't see why Lik-Sang should get to do things that other retailers don't.

Sell import games and consoles to Europe? There are countless online retailers doing this, Lik-sang just happened to be one of the most succesful.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Boo Fucking Hoo.

They wouldn't have tried to shut down Lik-Sang without a reason. I'm by no means a fanboy of this fucking company, but who gives a shit? It's not like there's 150,000 other companies that you can buy your "unlawful" items from.

Happy trails.

unlawful?
Lik-sang sold everything perfectly legal. PLUS its one of the few importers that everyone trusted(is there any other Asia importer except Play-Asia that anyone trusts for their usual LEGAL game/acessory/toys?).
there are 150,000 companies, but trusting all of them with our money..

Oh... and imagine YOU having a nice little imports website, then a major company comes and closes you for good.
You would be pretty happy, wouldnt you?

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still seething
mad.gif

I see SONY are now saying the statement from Lik's is a smokescreen, and they didn't force them out of business
unsure.gif

WOW !! Getting a bit worried at the level of the backlash are we ?? Some very negative publicity arising just before you release your next gen "SUPER" (?) console ?? Can't be good for business - no-one likes a bully after all.......
I hope your PEE-PEE 3 crashes and burns, and your Blu-ray ends up in the museums with Betamax and UMDs
nyanya.gif

Now I'm just off outside to slap about a little 3 yr old boy I've spotted playing there...... I'm so much bigger than him after all, what's he going to do about it
rofl2.gif

Tossers
mad.gif

Chitose

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
after looking at the edit on sony denying on shutting down lik-sang, seems like to me they feel the hatred of all us lik-sang customers and want to prove it wasnt their fault.

too late sony! you already gained my hate for you when you even thought of filing law suits!

MrFats

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sony...you...f*kin SUUCCCKKK!! I already didn't like Sony, but this clenches it. Lik-Sang was great. And now they want to avoid anyone getting pissed at them for doing this.

YOU SUCK SONY!!

that is all

shado blackstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sony's playing a dangerous game right now. The Xbox 360 was a hit, especially compared to the Xbox, and has come from their direct general industry competitor. To top it off, their gaming competitor has been building steam with their "innovation" campaign.

Currently, that takes a fair bit of hype from Sony's systems.

Since PSP didn't get as much hype as they had hoped before launch, they decided to delay the launch in other regions to build hype. After all, everyone wants what they can't have.
Now, they're pulling a Microsoft, and shipping too few units. This works on two levels; you don't waste money on producing something that doesn't sell, and you build hype and tention.

This all works fine and good on paper, but it's very dangerous in practise. If executed properly, you can get a runnaway success, even when it's crappy. If you make too many mistakes, though, it can really kill you. Not necessarily financially, but for reputation, which, as Sony knows quite clearly, as they've been riding on it for a long time, matters more than almost everything else.

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I can't believe this!

I feel incredibly offended in regards to my intelligence, from reading this statement.

This "It seems there may be more to the story than first thought." does NOTHING to justify the actions taken by Sony!

dumb Sony spin said:
"Lik-Sang did not contest this case (i.e. they did not turn up and therefore incurred no legal costs). We have been awarded substantial costs against Lik-Sang which have not been paid," 
the statement claims.

We know this already!

The reason lik-sang is going out of business is because they cannot afford to contest the cases against them in the UK.

What in gods name is Sony trying to accomplish by saying this?

Of course you do not incur any legal costs if you cannot afford them!

This is just Sony parroting the exact same thing that was available for all to see on the lik-sang website, the only difference being that it is so poorly spinned that maybe some imbicile would think that Sony did nothing wrong.

Does Sony really think gamers are all that retarded?

It was bad enough that they put lik-sang out of business but now they have the balls to claim it wasn't their fault that lik-sang can't afford huge legal costs like Sony can?

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think this is pretty outrageous. Sony went too far.

Sure Lik-sang.com was selling mod chips before, hardware that allowed people to play pirate software but all that have been removed for a long time. Also, they weren't selling anything that hurts Sony's business because after all, Lik-sang.com's just a reseller who has to import their stock from Japan anyway. Unless of course, Sony prefers the higher conversion rate from Euro to Yen and that's why they don't want anyone importing their stuff...

Lik-sang.com's been great delivering their goods to me quickly so I'm sad to see it being closed down.

I hope they don't go after Play-asia.com or Yesasia.com next because I'll be out of choice for importing Asian games
ohmy.gif

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I do feel sorry for those people other stuff in Lik-Sang...

some of you taking too far using F word on Sony and some of you went off topic with sony.

Why you/they hate so much on Sony? because you had a preorder PS3 in lik-sang, so let make this clear what your reason Buying a Sony product in the frist place? + you could charge paying horrible import tax

I don think sony close them down? they forced to close them self reason they can't afford to pay the multiple legal case..

rule are rule = laws is laws.
oh-well = no-hope.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres alot of people saying "boycott Sony" and that they wont buy a PS3 because of all this and yet Nintendo have done ALOT worse things in their past. Selling games and hardware fo way too much, bullying publishers and retailers during the SNES days and all that. Back then I said that i'll never buy anything from Nintendo, how times have change as I impatiently wait for every new Nintendo machine, they didnt even say sorry to us.

It is a shame, and I think Sony are total arseheads for this but it isnt as bad as what Nintendo did to its own customers.

I still hate Sony for various reasons, but I still love Nintendo despite the shit they've done 'cos after all they do do great games and bother to push things forward and they are changing, heres hoping Sony do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol