Reason #673 why I now really f*cking hate Sony.

tisti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
too late sony! you already gained my hate for you when you even thought of filing law suits!
Why aren't you hating Nintendo too, then? They've also sued Lik-Sang.
Oh wait. I know why.
rolleyes.gif

Well.. M$,N and Sony sued them for modchips. And what do you use modchips for? Well, backuped games
wink.gif

Has nothing to do with importing, so your wrong and stop trying to defend Sony ._.

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Yeah Nintendo has a lot of evil assholes at the top too but people react softer now because:

-they've been reduced to being the underdog after Sony backstabbed them with their own console which was originally made to be a SNES expansion

-OMG TEH Zelda!!!!!

leetdood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
too late sony! you already gained my hate for you when you even thought of filing law suits!
Why aren't you hating Nintendo too, then? They've also sued Lik-Sang.
Oh wait. I know why.
rolleyes.gif
I'd appreciate it very much if you'd stop acting like you know 'Why People Do Things'. I don't hate Ninty for suing Lik-Sang, mostly, because...

A)They sued Lik-Sang for selling modchips. Legitimate reason to sue. You could say Sony had a legitmate reason to sue, but I think their reasoning is a bit shaky.
B)When Nintendo sued Lik-Sang, they didn't shut down. When Sony sued them, they did. Huge difference there. I'd appreciate it if you notice the difference.

D

Deleted User

B)When Nintendo sued Lik-Sang, they didn't shut down. When Sony sued them, they did. Huge difference there. I'd appreciate it if you notice the difference.
That's not quite correct. They did shut down because of MS, Sony and Nintendo suing them! But they reopened pretty fast with a new name on their invoices. On the old ones there was the name 'Lik Sang International Ltd.' on the ones after that lawsuit there is 'Pacific Game Technology (Holding) Ltd.' as the legal name.

But anyways, I second your point! When someone sells modchips or other piracy related tools it truely is a reason to sue them. But selling imports is not, at least in my opinion.

edit: fixed typo.

Chitose

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess no matter how many of us importers there are, it won't stop the ps3 from selling, from a UK standpoint.

The ps2/psp is pretty much the word for gaming, i even know some parents who call their kids DS or xbox/gamecube, a psp or ps2 simply because they don't know any better. It will sell here regardless of the price because of the name and the cock-sucking, scum of the earth, pro evo scallies. I am not putting down the game, as I have nothing but respect for konami and the pro evo series. Pro-evo has become the generic word for football games, as has ps2/psp become the word for gaming console/handheld. Itt is more aimed at the hooligans that buy a ps2 purely for the football (soccer) games that come out and buy nothing else.

This is how sony makes its money. Even the name will make the money, as my uncle recently said to another uncle of mine. I can't wait for the ps3 when it comes out, despite regularly seeing that his son (my cousin) has more fun playing on my gamecube than on his ps2. It's merely bragging rights.

As for me, I will boycott sony, but I doubt I'll make a difference. Sony can afford to lose 1 customer. They can afford to lose the few thousand customers who imported from lik-sang. The number of losses is negligable to the number of ps3's already secured for (at least) the british market.

I personally do hope that sony fails. I hope that HD-DVD beats the shit out of blu-ray. I want to see sony dissappear along with all those other companies whos name we dont remember anymore. But realistically it isn't going to happen. Even just looking at the new video formats, its clear blu-ray is ahead, with blu-ray players coming out in a month or so, boasting about 5x more capacity than a HD-DVD. I wont be buying either one until its clear which one will last out, as I dont fancy losing £1000 to a format that will die out in 3 years time.

So to end things off, F*ck Sony

[edit] Dammit! I got a sony-ericson mobile (cell) phone last month too
dry.gif

Chitose

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How does it save the PS3? if anything it damages it! Maybe Sony is thinking of Targets. They could be thinking "ok, we sold X number of ps3's here so its going to be just as good over there!"

With imports its great in country X but bad in country Y. So by removing the ability to import, it'll be great in X AND Y!!!!

Wait a minute! It's only good in X BECAUSE OF IMPORTS!! It wouldn't enjoy the same level of success if imports are removed. Sure enough, it'll improve in country Y but the OVERALL results are the same. All this shutting down lik-sang shit has just hurt its PR and made its targets look a little nicer. nothing else.

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SONY PROFITS FALL 94%!!!

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1932127,00.html

QUOTE said:
"The contrasting fortunes of two of the biggest players in the global gaming market were underlined today when Sony announced a 94% plunge in profits for the most recent quarter, while Nintendo said its profits over the first half of the fiscal year had more than tripled."

Sony is the new Enron. I guess its true what they say. Kharma really is a bitch.

And just for reference, usually when a company's profits fall 94% they are going out business. And considering that Sony is losing up to $300 per PS3 system, the PS3 launch will only dig them deeper into the hole.

http://www.ps3news.ca/02182006/10/sony_ps3...as_the_xbox_360

^Sony is losing $300 per PS3

blink.gif

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In loving memory,

I'm not a frequent customer to Lik-Sang. In fact, I only ordered once from them. It was a Christmas present for my cousin, Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4 + a Freeloader. They delivered what they promised and they even threw this in to boot.

We will miss the old days. :'(

Seriously, 94%?
ohmy.gif

I thought their recent cuts were bad enough!

Ery

Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, i just miss Liksang..
But its really funny about the new PS3 becuse i think its gonna FAIL!

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Last week, I was out with a friend, and we had a little chat of why Sony is better/not than Nintendo or LG or Samsung.
" Don't you understand? Sony products are more expensive because they are much better and have a higher quality than of competitor products. It's not possible for a cheaper product to be better than the more expensive product."
I don't think my friend would work out very well in a marketing department would he?
wink.gif

So yeah. I guess Sony has already began brainwashing people
frown.gif

Yes, your friend is absolutely correct. That's why I went through 5 PS2s, four of them with the infamous "disc read error."

But, my old school NES still works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work