Recommend a place to order the SX Pro from that isn't ModChipsDirect

gene0915

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and canceled my batch 1 SX Pro order with MCD because I'm tired of the non-stop bullshit delays. I had zero faith in them getting my order out in a timely manner.

I know that I've effectively reset the block and everyone is back-ordered but I'm fine with waiting another few weeks (or month) so long as the company I'm ordering from understands how to effectively communicate delays and starts sending out the SX Pro the day it arrives and not sitting on inventory because they don't have enough people to stuff packages or they don't feel like working that day or insert reason here.

So with that, should I just order from SwitchSX? Other than one angry thread, they seem to be doing OK with getting product into the hands of people that ordered from them.

UPDATE: Well, looks like MCD proved me wrong. I formally apologize for doubting that they would ship any stock this week. I've seen several posts (with screen shots) of shipping alerts and even emails with tracking data. I truly wish you all get your units delivered in a timely manner. Guess I'll be waiting on my SwitchSX order. :)

Last edited by gene0915,

cantrollmyrs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why you did that they are starting to send out tracking info....

I went ahead and canceled my batch 1 SX Pro order with MCD because I'm tired of the non-stop bullshit delays. I had zero faith in them getting my order out in a timely manner.

I know that I've effectively reset the block and everyone is back-ordered but I'm fine with waiting another few weeks (or month) so long as the company I'm ordering from understands how to effectively communicate delays and starts sending out the SX Pro the day it arrives and not sitting on inventory because they don't have enough people to stuff packages or they don't feel like working that day or insert reason here.

So with that, should I just order from SwitchSX? Other than one angry thread, they seem to be doing OK with getting product into the hands of people that ordered from them.
Not sure

Reactions: Subtle Demise

gene0915

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why you did that they are starting to send out tracking info....

Not sure

No they aren't. Hard to ship something when you don't have it. And if they did have them (according to their site, they've had them for at least 3-4 days I think) why hasn't a single person come forward stating that they have a tracking email from MCD? Can ONE person come forward with tracking info from MCD. Any takers?

Oh wells, I went ahead and ordered from SwitchSX. Gonna be freaking hilarious if I get my order from SwitchSX before MCD actually starts shipping a single SX Pro. Their slowness is inexcusable. I still maintain they don't have any in stock and are just lying. I think anyone that ordered from MCD needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

There is ZERO reason why anyone that is in batch 1 shouldn't have their SX Pro from MCD this week! ZERO!!! Well, I can think of 1 reason and I already pointed it out above.

If I'm wrong, I'll come back here and apologize to MCD.

uzi

Trophies
XP
Country
untitled-1-png.133025

D

Deleted-401606

This website is full of modchipdirect shills. They fucked me over too. I am on batch 2 and I just dont see them shipping my product.

Puckmarin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not particularly happy with modchipsdirect either but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm in Batch 1 and expect to get a shipping email this week. If I don't have one by Friday then I'll really start pushing for a refund, etc...

I think the biggest mistake MCD has made is not keeping everyone notified, beyond the initial email that was sent out a couple of weeks ago. They should have been emailing customers every few days letting them know the status of shipment delays, etc...

gene0915

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your own foot. You shot it.

We'll see. Until people start receiving their SX Pro's, MCD is just paying lip service.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This website is full of modchipdirect shills. They fucked me over too. I am on batch 2 and I just dont see them shipping my product.

Seeing as how practically EVERY re-seller has already delivered SX Pro's to those that are in the "1st batch", and MCD hasn't shipped a single one.... I'd say that your batch 2 order won't ship for at least another month from them. Cancel your order, order a jig off eBay and find somebody selling the license code. I mean, how many times are you really going to reboot your Switch? Just leave it in sleep mode.

It will ship, at some point. BE PATIENT.

Oh I'm sure it will. That point though is not next week.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ModChipsDirect is great. I ordered an SX Pro from them, but ended up cancelling it because I decided to just get the code instead since it was quicker. I don't mind using my phone or computer to inject the payload. I mean, I can always replace my OTG dongle and even have a few spare phones if something happened to the one I inject a payload with...but if I lost the dongle, I would also lose TX OS because it's tied to the dongle.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Altina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ModChipsDirect is great. I ordered an SX Pro from them, but ended up cancelling it because I decided to just get the code instead since it was quicker. I don't mind using my phone or computer to inject the payload. I mean, I can always replace my OTG dongle and even have a few spare phones if something happened to the one I inject a payload with...but if I lost the dongle, I would also lose TX OS because it's tied to the dongle.

The license is embedded on the dongle, but it gets written to the micro sd card after activation. You can then back up your license to somewhere else.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The license is embedded on the dongle, but it gets written to the micro sd card after activation. You can then back up your license to somewhere else.

Hmm..I didn't know that...I thought the dongle itself was REQUIRED for every boot...so with the Pro, you could use the dongle or another device?

Altina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm..I didn't know that...I thought the dongle itself was REQUIRED for every boot...so with the Pro, you could use the dongle or another device?

Yes, after using the dongle the first time and getting your license, you can use other means to boot into sx os.

hollowtip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and canceled my batch 1 SX Pro order with MCD because I'm tired of the non-stop bullshit delays.

Non-Stop delays? From my understanding, they only pushed back shipping a one or two working days (that's assuming they ship on this Monday or Tuesday) from the 1st batch update. I'm not exactly thrilled about my pre-order (I'm in batch 1), but their initial promise from my invoice states "The end of June," so it's not like they've been dishonest. However, they do seem to be the slowest out of all the listed re-sellers on Team Xecuter's site, so that definitely doesn't work in their favor.

The only reason I chose them is because it clearly states they are based in Michigan, and I wasn't able to find other re-sellers that claimed they were based in the US easily as well. They should do a solid for their customers and upgrade to 1-3 priority mail though.

I'm just curious though, have other USA based customers that chose a different re-seller received their orders? Also, I'm not talking about people that placed their order in the last couple of weeks, the early pre-order customers.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

things were just as bad when gateway and sky3ds came out. i ordered things from modchipscentral and modchipsdirect and to me modchipsdirect was faster and a better, cheaper company. but thats just my opinion on experience

ive seen threads that say dont buy from switchsx and dont buy from 3dsflashcart, the only other two companies that ship in the usa, so though luck buddy. you shouldve just waited and not cancelled, plus tx is still fixing a lot of their 'cfw' so it wouldve been more friendly to use when i wouldve arrived. now youve paid $4 less to have to hook it into something everytime because of impatience for piracy on a small amount of games you shouldve already owned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw