Reisykaku releases new CFW for the Switch called ReiNX

C0HDeSS.png

About a month ago, user @Reisyukaku, the creator of ReiNand on the 3DS, teased that they were in the process of making their new custom firmware. What we initially saw was just a custom splash screen. Now, they've publicly released the highly awaited ReiNX CFW for the Nintendo Switch.

Rei states that this is a simple, modular CFW, and that everything works together independently. They'll also be working on a custom sysmodule for ReiNX, as well. You can check it out and compile it yourself at the GitHub link below.

Rei said:
The modular switch custom firmware

Usage:

Put ReiNX folder on the root of your switch's SD card and run ReiNX.bin with your favorite fusee launcher.

Compiling:

You'll need devkitpro with devkitA64 and run make

Features:

• Loads all KIPs from /ReiNX/sysmodules/ directory

• Optional custom kernel/secmon/warmboot

• Default kips with exefs redir from /ReiNX/title/{tid}
Credits:

Naehrwert for hardware init code and generally being helpful!

CTCaer and st4rk for their contribution to the hardware code aswell!

SciresM for kernel processes!

The community for your support!

:download: GitHub

:discuss: Don't forget, you can keep up to date with all discussions about Switch CFW in that specific subforum here.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The last thing to keep in mind is hypothetically speaking if you installed NSP packages and went online there's probably a 100% chance you'd get banned. I'm not 100% certain but it seems like common sense.
well, i guess its true
they surely implemented serial key in their eshop title
they surely learned from 3ds ;)

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Great work. There is much progress so far. I got to get me a second switch just fo the hacks being developed and before the current hackable switch become $900.... So much for Xecuter SX being future proof. Future proof means not even a hardware revision makes it obsolete...

Wouldn't it be amazing if a team rewrote Nintendo's switch operating system and then loaded that instead of the official os. I'm talking not just custom firmware but a full OS running on custom OS. then you can stop the system from logging as you have full control over the OS. Any feature Nintendo uses to check for bans would be rendered useless as the custom OS would just fake a pass.

Rewriting the entire OS is no small task. Its a lot easier the just load the official os with memory patches then rewrite it. I'm sure not enough information about the switch is know to undertake such a task. If it was achieved then kiss the bans good buy.

No.

The whole banning thing is possible because of what the CFW's are writing (or removing) into the logs, not because of whatever nintendo is telling it to do. You can send all the fakes you want, but all nintendo has to do is randomize what certain data they look for. It's server-side logic, so as long as you're interacting with their server, you're vulnerable. Might as well stay offline forever.

Last edited by altorn,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to buy SX OS. Now I'm unsure of how fast this will be "updated" to have a backup loader. It seems to be at the exact stage as Atmosphère right now aka useless to anyone who wants to be a pirate. I'm glad to see something has been released but as like anyone else kinda disappointed it's not included yet.
You might want to wait now. If you order that right now, by the time it arrives, we may have another way to achieve the same back up loading. Having the SX Pro though, I really like the dongle. It’s very convient and the jig is super nice.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You might want to wait now. If you order that right now, by the time it arrives, we may have another way to achieve the same back up loading. Having the SX Pro though, I really like the dongle. It’s very convient and the jig is super nice.
But if you don't order now, then by the time it had arrived you might want to wait. If your order that at the time it had arrived if your ordered it now, by the time it arrives then, we may have another way to achieve the same back up loading. And if even then you don't order it by the time it had arrived if you didn't order it now, then you might want to wait.... and by the year 2100 you might be dead.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I'm definitely holding off now, was going to try install a NSP myself today since supposedly it's possible in some builds shared here. If I can successfully do that, despite finding having to convert XCI to NSP annoying I won't be buying it for sure. Funny because I actually already made a order for SX OS but haven't paid yet. I was just going for the basic CFW on its own anyway I'm fine with using my phone to send a payload.

AdamFX990

Confused Humanoid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got my switch for the sole purpose of playing with stuff like this. The fact that rei has knocked out a modular CFW gives me something to play with. I doubt I'll be able to contribute anything useful, but given the amount of ungrateful sods in this thread I feel its my duty to at least have a crack at it!

Cheers Rei :yayswitch:

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did anyone here try and confirm already? If it's really true and working I'm wondering why temp isn't exploding right now.
People are too confused, hard to understand what all the releases the last few days do if you don't keep up with the scene day to day, it will blow up soon, or it's gonna be slow.

Reactions: Kioku

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone give a yes/no answer does this allow you to install NSP files and successfully play them? From trying this themselves too, not because someone else claims to. I'm going to try it myself in a bit anyway, but would be helpful.

AdamFX990

Confused Humanoid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So they can be installed but not played, correct?

or is it XCI, not working NSP, installable & playable?

As I understand from Rei on Twitter, you can install NSP files that you don't require sighax for. In other words, its an alternative way to install eShop games that you legitimately own. So no piracy... Yet.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As I understand from Rei on Twitter, you can install NSP files that you don't require sighax for. In other words, its an alternative way to install eShop games that you legitimately own. So no piracy... Yet.

Ohh I see, so they're on the home menu once installed they just can't be accessed. Literally what I've been asking ever since the first post mentioning sigpatches is possible.

AdamFX990

Confused Humanoid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ohh I see, so they're on the home menu once installed they just can't be accessed. Literally what I've been asking ever since the first post mentioning sigpatches is possible.
If you own a legit sig then it should work as normal. Which I guess could be useful if you don't want to access the eshop on your switch. But otherwise, it'll just give you an error.

Just to reiterate, this is as I've understood it from following Rei on twitter. I haven't tried it myself yet, but piracy 100% doesn't work. This is just a stepping stone towards freeShop for switch.

Reactions: Ian095

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you own a legit sig then it should work as normal. Which I guess could be useful if you don't want to access the eshop on your switch. But otherwise, it'll just give you an error.

Just to reiterate, this is as I've understood it from following Rei on twitter. I haven't tried it myself yet, but piracy 100% doesn't work. This is just a stepping stone towards freeShop for switch.

Ahh ok, hype over. Time for me to sit in the corner again for weeks. :rofl:

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely holding off now, was going to try install a NSP myself today since supposedly it's possible in some builds shared here. If I can successfully do that, despite finding having to convert XCI to NSP annoying I won't be buying it for sure. Funny because I actually already made a order for SX OS but haven't paid yet. I was just going for the basic CFW on its own anyway I'm fine with using my phone to send a payload.
No need to convert from xci. Try using cdnsp. There is a “bob v3” floating around.

Reactions: Ian095

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cool mgs4 can finally play at 35fps on it