Reisykaku releases new CFW for the Switch called ReiNX

C0HDeSS.png

About a month ago, user @Reisyukaku, the creator of ReiNand on the 3DS, teased that they were in the process of making their new custom firmware. What we initially saw was just a custom splash screen. Now, they've publicly released the highly awaited ReiNX CFW for the Nintendo Switch.

Rei states that this is a simple, modular CFW, and that everything works together independently. They'll also be working on a custom sysmodule for ReiNX, as well. You can check it out and compile it yourself at the GitHub link below.

Rei said:
The modular switch custom firmware

Usage:

Put ReiNX folder on the root of your switch's SD card and run ReiNX.bin with your favorite fusee launcher.

Compiling:

You'll need devkitpro with devkitA64 and run make

Features:

• Loads all KIPs from /ReiNX/sysmodules/ directory

• Optional custom kernel/secmon/warmboot

• Default kips with exefs redir from /ReiNX/title/{tid}
Credits:

Naehrwert for hardware init code and generally being helpful!

CTCaer and st4rk for their contribution to the hardware code aswell!

SciresM for kernel processes!

The community for your support!

:download: GitHub

:discuss: Don't forget, you can keep up to date with all discussions about Switch CFW in that specific subforum here.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Ian095

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I literally have so much junk files on my SD card now lol. Thanks, peoples feedback on there does seem to suggest its better.

No need to convert from xci. Try using cdnsp. There is a “bob v3” floating around.

As easy as that would make my life I don't fancy getting banned from CDN access or whatever, just in case I need it in the future. :rofl:

Last edited by Ian095,

said31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
So they can be installed but not played, correct?

or is it XCI, not working NSP, installable & playable?

i installed NSP metal slug 3
install: Ok
Played: Ok
but if you delete game and reinstalled you get error 0x00005

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Shovel Knight NSP with REINX37791994_2117116658362613_5406608559959965696_n.jpg 37743369_2117117778362501_2399944282380173312_n.jpg 37727523_2117114905029455_2660156473736167424_n.jpg

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Ericthegreat

Wrathcaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sick stuff.
Looks like SX OS will slowly get ditched now.
Yea....that's not gonna happen, there is more love for it than hate, plenty people are happy to pay for the simplest method, even after when atmosphere and this cfw gets released and piracy enabled.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yea....that's not gonna happen, there is more love for it than hate, plenty people are happy to pay for the simplest method, even after when atmosphere and this cfw gets released and piracy enabled.
Fair enough.
I firstly made this post knowing that eventually free methods will get better and easier to use.
So this could take a year before it happens.

studio1b

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been running custom reinx has patched sigs/layeredfs/devmenu/freeshopnx/tinfoil
Been running since yesterday works great.
Install in any of them.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough.
I firstly made this post knowing that eventually free methods will get better and easier to use.
So this could take a year before it happens.
Unless TX adapts to the changes in a way that benefits the end users. This isn't the Gateway scene all over again. Hell, some people still buy modchips for their OG Xbox systems.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless TX adapts to the changes in a way that benefits the end users. This isn't the Gateway scene all over again. Hell, some people still buy modchips for their OG Xbox systems.
from the beginning if sx os had been free and sx pro had been a hardware solution, it would have been a completely different story
in the long run, we wouldn't be having this conversation

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
from the beginning if sx os had been free and sx pro had been a hardware solution, it would have been a completely different story
in the long run, we wouldn't be having this conversation
To each their own.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Tbh if they only locked the CFW to their dongle on boot I wouldn't be bothered at all.
The dongle itself is very useful for loading payloads, so that would have been a very nice win/win situation.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Tbh if they only locked the CFW to their dongle on boot I wouldn't be bothered at all.
The dongle itself is very useful for loading payloads, so that would have been a very nice win/win situation.

It's a pretty solid device. Especially with their bootloader allowing payloads from SD. Gives us a "multi-boot" option.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So can anyone tell me how to enable AutoRCM on ReiNX? Should I use Hekate to enable it, then just use ReiNX instead?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1