• Replies 1,199
  • Likes 35
Status
Not open for further replies.

rynsonick

Trophies
XP
Country
It'll be almost disappointing when it releases, just to see the end of this brilliant, yet shitty thread.

Then again, pretty sure Chary is spending most of her time cradling her computer, rocking back and forth muttering "stayontopicstayontopicstayontopicstayontopicstayontopicstayontopicstayontopic" over and over, so it'll be nice to give her a break.

Which means that ReiNX go public is a blessing in dissguise

RealLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll be almost disappointing when it releases, just to see the end of this brilliant, yet shitty thread.

Then again, pretty sure Chary is spending most of her time cradling her computer, rocking back and forth muttering "stayontopicstayontopicstayontopicstayontopicstayontopicstayontopicstayontopic" over and over, so it'll be nice to give her a break.

I can 100% agree, this thread is great, so great that in fact i stopped typing 10 hours ago, got popcorn, and followed this thread just so i could get notifications every time a creamy memey post was made.

Reactions: pandavova

Jeffyjeffrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello guys I just have a couple questions. I usually try to do my own research but, I really can’t find answers.
1. This relying on rcm mode and me being on 5.1 once i install cfw could I update the switch firmware and keep cfw with no problems? Even if by that means waiting for the cfw to be updated for the new firmware version.
2. Is stuff such as rcm tinfoil and jig burning efuses? Because I really don’t understand what the whole deal with Efuses is I looked wiki but can’t quite understand. What do you mean burn? Is my switch dead once I burn too many efuses or what? :s Seems to be mainly about downgrading?
Thanks for whoever tries to give me some answers.

HeroMines

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys I just have a couple questions. I usually try to do my own research but, I really can’t find answers.
1. This relying on rcm mode and me being on 5.1 once i install cfw could I update the switch firmware and keep cfw with no problems? Even if by that means waiting for the cfw to be updated for the new firmware version.
2. Is stuff such as rcm tinfoil and jig burning efuses? Because I really don’t understand what the whole deal with Efuses is I looked wiki but can’t quite understand. What do you mean burn? Is my switch dead once I burn too many efuses or what? :s Seems to be mainly about downgrading?
1. Uh nope. As far as I know.
2. No.

Hexalform

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1) You should be fine with updating your system firmware alongside using the currently released CFW (e.g SX OS. Atmosphere & ReiNX will be the same).

2) Efuses have nothing to do with entering RCM mode, it is about updating firmware.

You can read more about that here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-efuses.494404/

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will always be able to use RCM to load CFW, so you don't need to worry about updates preventing you from loading RCM payloads.

The way ReiNX works, updates to the Nintendo Switch shouldn't, in principle, cause ReiNX to stop working, but you should always check ReiNX compatibility before updating your Switch. Worst case scenario, ReiNX will need an update to be compatible with a newer Switch software version.

Each time you install an update to your Switch, efuses are burnt. This is to prevent downgrading. For example, if you try downgrading your system, but there are too many burnt efuses, the Switch will refuse to boot without CFW.

If you care about being able to downgrade in the future, you should update without burning efuses. If you don't care about preserving the ability to downgrade, then you don't need to worry about efuses.

1) You should be fine with updating your system firmware alongside using the currently released CFW (e.g SX OS. Atmosphere & ReiNX will be the same).
My understanding is ReiNX and SX OS function in a way that makes them mostly futureproof. However, in its current state, Atmosphere would likely require an update before being compatible with a future Switch software version.

Last edited by Lacius,

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the available evidence, it's very likely ReiNX will be released this year. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it were released this month.
I was just wondering. It looked like it was gonna be like Duke Nukem Forever, when it was in development purgatory...

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering. It looked like it was gonna be like Duke Nukem Forever, when it was in development purgatory...
It would be nice if this were true. Seriously itchy fingers here wanting to get a game or two from the Eshop.
getting something amazing for free... but muh impatience
it has been a handful of days. i said a couple of days ago that it would probably be the weekend and people act like tHEY'VE DONE THEIR WAITING! TWELVE YEARS OF IT! IN GBATEMP!

Last edited by Darth Meteos,
Reactions: goulien82

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know him since 3DS, so I think he is able to build a CFW by himself.

But we don't know :rofl2:

I just hope I will be able to put my waifu as bootscreen :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ