Homebrew [Release] 3DSBank - "Nintendo 3DS" folder selector

Riot20052

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should also work fine.

You need to first launch a title, then open Rosalina menu to switch the current title to hb, exit Rosalina menu, then re-launch the title.
Quick question still safe use 3ds banks because been updated since like 2020 recommend for 128gb sd card.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question still safe use 3ds banks because been updated since like 2020 recommend for 128gb sd card.
With BlocksSDK being released, I suppose 3DSBank could be updated to use it, in order to fix the weird/bugged SD code.
You'll have to wait for the update to be released though.

Reactions: geoGolem and ber71

Riot20052

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With BlocksSDK being released, I suppose 3DSBank could be updated to use it, in order to fix the weird/bugged SD code.
Problem happens only 1tb sd card load up whole us Library on Japanese 2ds like YouTube video did.
Post automatically merged:

Support load up whole us Library by 3ds banks on Japanese 2ds like guy in youtube video did or Extreme edge case.

Problem happens only 1tb sd card load up whole us Library on Japanese 2ds like YouTube video did.

Support load up whole us Library by 3ds banks on Japanese 2ds like guy in youtube video did or Extreme edge case.
No used 128gb sd card for that video used case support loading whole us Library on Japanese 2ds by 3ds banks or Very extreme edge case.

Vahacris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Either that, or just inject HBL into a 3DS title via Rosalina, then run the FBI.3dsx file.
Great tool but can somebody explain this to me? I create another Nintendo 3DS folder but I only have 3dsbank app. How to get FBI installed so I can install apps?
Also is there a limit of folder? I plan to create 11-12 to get all my games and injects sorted (4 folder for 3ds games, 2 folder for DS games, 3 for gba, etc...)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great tool but can somebody explain this to me? I create another Nintendo 3DS folder but I only have 3dsbank app. How to get FBI installed so I can install apps?
You need to use the Rosalina feature to inject HB into a 3DS app.
Also is there a limit of folder? I plan to create 11-12 to get all my games and injects sorted (4 folder for 3ds games, 2 folder for DS games, 3 for gba, etc...)
The limit should be 40.

Vahacris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You need to use the Rosalina feature to inject HB into a 3DS app.

The limit should be 40.
Thank you for the quick answer, but I never use rosalina before. Is there any guide for this? What 3ds app should I choose to inject HB?

Also I notice that folders from 1st instance appears in 2nd 3ds folder, they are empty but the exist. Those this mean I only can have the same folder In all instances/banks?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the quick answer, but I never use rosalina before. Is there any guide for this? What 3ds app should I choose to inject HB?
Launch Download Play, then once it opens, press L+Down+Select to open Rosalina menu, select "Misc. options", then select the inject HB feature.
After that, exit Download Play, and then re-launch it to open Homebrew Launcher.
Also I notice that folders from 1st instance appears in 2nd 3ds folder, they are empty but the exist. Those this mean I only can have the same folder In all instances/banks?
I don't know what you mean.

Vahacris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Launch Download Play, then once it opens, press L+Down+Select to open Rosalina menu, select "Misc. options", then select the inject HB feature.
After that, exit Download Play, and then re-launch it to open Homebrew Launcher.

I don't know what you mean.
Thank You for the rosalina tip.

I mean I have sports, platforms, shooters and other folders with games.
When I create another Nintendo 3ds folder with 3dsbank it already had the same folders (sports, platforms, etc.). They are empty but they exist. Do this mean that if I create another folder In 2nd Nintendo 3ds folder it will appear In 1st Nintendo 3ds folder?
If I delete sports folder on 2nd Nintendo 3ds folder it will disappear In 1st Nintendo 3ds folder?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I have sports, platforms, shooters and other folders with games.
When I create another Nintendo 3ds folder with 3dsbank it already had the same folders (sports, platforms, etc.). They are empty but they exist. Do this mean that if I create another folder In 2nd Nintendo 3ds folder it will appear In 1st Nintendo 3ds folder?
If I delete sports folder on 2nd Nintendo 3ds folder it will disappear In 1st Nintendo 3ds folder?
Yes. The folders in the 3DS HOME Menu persist within each banked "Nintendo 3DS" folder, as the HOME Menu folders are stored on NAND.

Reactions: Vahacris

legofordman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• IMG_20230511_211332257.jpg
    IMG_20230511_211332257.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51

Mattriarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, does anyone know how to (if possible) transfer game data from an installed CIA from one slot to another slot? I just started hitting over 300 when I came across 3dsBank and I'm trying to streamline moving certain already installed games onto another slot? Any insight would be appreciated.

Pharmtech78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a question guys, I have 2 banks created bank0/bank1. In bank0 I have 2 folders one for games and the other for homebrew. When I switch to bank1 these folders show up empty. Is this normal to see these folders? I thought it would not see the folders from another bank?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a question guys, I have 2 banks created bank0/bank1. In bank0 I have 2 folders one for games and the other for homebrew. When I switch to bank1 these folders show up empty. Is this normal to see these folders? I thought it would not see the folders from another bank?
Yes, it is normal.

Reactions: Pharmtech78

Od3stroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, long time user of 3DSBank, been using it for over 4 years now with no issue, until now. Loading up 3DSBank as per usual, I scroll over to one of my slots, try pressing the a button, and nothing happens. I try again several times, even try using the directional inputs, and nothing happens. It's clear to me the application froze, so after a little bit of time I turn my 3DS off, and turn it back on again. Turning it on, I see that I am on the slot I did intend to go in, but now when I use the app and try to use my other slots, it always launches the exact same slot I am in. I cannot access any of my other 6 remaining home menus, I am pretty much stuck on the 7th. I have tried reinstalling the latest 3DSBank cia, twice, once normally, and another time deleting the configuration file after doing it. Both times yielded no results. The configuration file does in fact keep the slot I entered in text form as it should I believe, but the home menu still never changes. Would appreciate some help for this please.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, long time user of 3DSBank, been using it for over 4 years now with no issue, until now. Loading up 3DSBank as per usual, I scroll over to one of my slots, try pressing the a button, and nothing happens. I try again several times, even try using the directional inputs, and nothing happens. It's clear to me the application froze, so after a little bit of time I turn my 3DS off, and turn it back on again. Turning it on, I see that I am on the slot I did intend to go in, but now when I use the app and try to use my other slots, it always launches the exact same slot I am in. I cannot access any of my other 6 remaining home menus, I am pretty much stuck on the 7th. I have tried reinstalling the latest 3DSBank cia, twice, once normally, and another time deleting the configuration file after doing it. Both times yielded no results. The configuration file does in fact keep the slot I entered in text form as it should I believe, but the home menu still never changes. Would appreciate some help for this please.
Sounds like there's some weird issue with your SD card.
Try reformatting it here: https://dsi.cfw.guide/sd-card-setup.html
If the issue persists, then try another SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhN3stcB0is