Homebrew [Release] 3DSBank - "Nintendo 3DS" folder selector

zorl-zorl

Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
Ensure it's fat32 formatted, 32kb or 64kb cluster size.
3ds can't read exfat filesystem, only fat32.
Thanks for reply.

The card is formatted as fat32 by guiformat (I dont remember the cluster size, but I am sure guiformat sets correct value by default). The card is Samsung Evo plus btw.

I switched back to 4Gb Toshiba and created several 3dsbank slots, then copied 3dsbank folder to 512gb card, and now it works.
Thanks again!

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for reply.

The card is formatted as fat32 by guiformat (I dont remember the cluster size, but I am sure guiformat sets correct value by default). The card is Samsung Evo plus btw.

I switched back to 4Gb Toshiba and created several 3dsbank slots, then copied 3dsbank folder to 512gb card, and now it works.
Thanks again!
Maybe 3DS bank initially had an issue reading the card at such a large size without an existing bank or two...

zorl-zorl

Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
No guys, 3dsbank app doesn't work for me. After I installed 400Gb of games and then installed 3dsbank, I have lost all old installations. I suppose it was expected and designed that way. After I installed and set my first slot in 3dsbank I reinstalled about 50Gb games from the scratch and I see them on my home menu. But when I set a different slot in 3dsbank my home menu stays the same, I see the same installed games (3dsbank app works with no errors, no warnings, no reboot, but it just don't do what is expected).

Blue N3DSXL, Luma v11, 512Gb Samsung Evo

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
No guys, 3dsbank app doesn't work for me. After I installed 400Gb of games and then installed 3dsbank, I have lost all old installations. I suppose it was expected and designed that way. After I installed and set my first slot in 3dsbank I reinstalled about 50Gb games from the scratch and I see them on my home menu. But when I set a different slot in 3dsbank my home menu stays the same, I see the same installed games (3dsbank app works with no errors, no warnings, no reboot, but it just don't do what is expected).

Yeah, considering the 3DS was only intended to use SD cards up to 32GB, I don't think Robz considered someone would be using 512gb on ONE 3DS. Maybe try splitting your game installs into sorted banks, e.g. virtual console games could be one bank, and indie games (like VVVVVV or The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth) could be another?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe 3DS bank initially had an issue reading the card at such a large size without an existing bank or two...

Yeah, considering the 3DS was only intended to use SD cards up to 32GB, I don't think Robz considered someone would be using 512gb on ONE 3DS. Maybe try splitting your game installs into sorted banks, e.g. virtual console games could be one bank, and indie games (like VVVVVV or The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth) could be another?
Those issues are caused by libfat. Switching to libslim in 3DSBank should be able to fix those issues.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Those issues are caused by libfat. Switching to libslim in 3DSBank should be able to fix those issues.
Yep, figured it had something to due with either filesystem stuff (as FAT32 is meant for up to 32gb disks iirc) or something with 3DSBank not being equipped to handle volumes larger than 128gb or so (as caused by the library used)

shadowolf_11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to install cia files on 3dsbank? i tried fbi on a new folder but that did not work but if there's already app for it please reply with the link to the app

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to install cia files on 3dsbank? i tried fbi on a new folder but that did not work but if there's already app for it please reply with the link to the app
You need to select the Nintendo 3ds you want to install cias to (with 3dsBank), then install them the normal way via fbi.
You can't install simply a cia to a different Nintendo 3ds other than the one you're currently using.

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Have you tried playing Pokémon afterwards? Changing SDs causes issues, maybe the same goes to using a different folder.

saucyyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey just before i go ahead and use this, im using a 256gb sd card and plan on filling all of it, and im gonna use this to switch between which systems like nds, nes, 3ds, etc i have on screen. is there anything i need to worry about or do before jumping in? i saw the thing about libfat/libslim but i really dont understand it yet, gonna try to tho

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey just before i go ahead and use this, im using a 256gb sd card and plan on filling all of it, and im gonna use this to switch between which systems like nds, nes, 3ds, etc i have on screen. is there anything i need to worry about or do before jumping in? i saw the thing about libfat/libslim but i really dont understand it yet, gonna try to tho
You should be fine.

So libfat has some bugs which cause the SD card to either not initialize correctly or not read certain files.
Those bugs should be fixed as well as speeding up the initialization process after switching to libslim.

saucyyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be fine.

So libfat has some bugs which cause the SD card to either not initialize correctly or not read certain files.
Those bugs should be fixed as well as speeding up the initialization process after switching to libslim.
thanks for the quick reply

sorry but after reading a bit more i have a few more questions

i just googled libfat and libslim, but how would i switch between them?

also i just downloaded and installed the cia from the latest release but nothing came up on the menu, do i need the first one too?

and lastly if i already have games installed on my original nintendo 3ds folder and dont need to move them, i should be fine to just make more and put different ones on the new ones without any problems right?

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi