Homebrew [Release] arc13's freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

What should I do with storage bars ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@arc13

Thank you for this, now I will be able to use without having......"his" name on it. I really like the app but it was just the "incident" that made me uninstall it. It will also eliminate the spam and stuff.

Now back to freeShop, I'm really glad this is picked up by someone else and for the storage bar, I don't think a new tab specifically for that would be good. Perhaps something similar to GodMode9 with like freeGB/totalGB in the top right corner or perhaps someplace else.

Last edited by Boured,
Reactions: CaptainSwag101

Boured

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure where to ask this as the thread for the posting bgm's seems to be dead and I don't want to necrobump it. But I dumped bcstm's of Majora's Mask 3D and tried playing it. But no sound ever comes out, I even decrypted the rom. Is there something i'm missing and yes I have dumped my DSP Firmware as the boot sound does play.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I thought freeShop was already compatible with bcstm?
Not really, the old versions used wav or ogg files if i remember correctly, which you had to cut in two separate files so the song could "loop".
I've been using bcstm fine since music support was first added.

Also, I support moving the storage bars to the bottom screen, and refreshing the cache works fine for me.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using bcstm fine since music support was first added.

Also, I support moving the storage bars to the bottom screen, and refreshing the cache works fine for me.
Really? I can't remember thecruel mentioning that bcstm was compatible...

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Really? I can't remember thecruel mentioning that bcstm was compatible...
Works fine for me.

20170422_143325.jpg

Reactions: DeslotlCL

Boured

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it plays the eshop music just fine, but when selecting "play selected track" all music stops and nothing starts

Boured

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Play selected track" functions properly for me.
It functions correctly for OGG files, but bcstm doesn't want to play at all. Just tested and only OGG files play with no problem. i'm even using the version in this thread which is 3.0.0

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It functions correctly for OGG files, but bcstm doesn't want to play at all. Just tested and only OGG files play with no problem. i'm even using the version in this thread which is 3.0.0
I'm using 3.0.0 and it works correctly with bcstm tracks for me.

Wind47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will sleepmode installing be added? Thats the only reason I would switch over to this fork

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it has to do with the bcstm file size. Try to use bcstm files under the 3.4mb size.

Boured

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it has to do with the bcstm file size. Try to use bcstm files under the 3.4mb size.
The bcstm I'm trying to use is the Song of Healing and Termina Field from Majora's Mask. Termina is 2.4MB and Song of Healing is 500+ KB

CaptainSwag101

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Mine works just fine with a 3.3MB .bcstm of Space Storm Galaxy, on version 3.0.0 of freeShop. (Although I almost thought it was broken at first, but I forgot to turn on the volume XD)

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely awesome work here @arc13! This is great. I was really worried that since what happened to the original happened that freeShop would no longer receive updates, but I am glad someone picked up the code and is continuing on!

Continuing with the same name and everything is probably the best approach... I was thinking that perhaps adding "New" to the title (a-la "New 3DS") would be cute and also distinguish between the two versions, but at the same time it would probably confuse people... (I can see the questions now asking if it only supports the New 3DS or something, haha)

One thing I'd like to comment on though is the free space bars... I love their inclusion now! That is fantastic! People have been asking for the feature for quite some time now, so it finally being here is great! But I will say that their position at the top of the screen is a bit obtrusive as it is. I personally voted for the option to show the info on the bottom screen when no game is selected in the poll (rather than making a new tab), but another idea I had was to perhaps show the information similar to how it is shown currently in FBI with some little status bars above and below the main content on the top screen. That's just my two cents though!

Reactions: CaptainSwag101

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bcstm I'm trying to use is the Song of Healing and Termina Field from Majora's Mask. Termina is 2.4MB and Song of Healing is 500+ KB
maybe try to resize it a little bit more? Try to convert the original file to 22050hz and then use it for your bcstm.

CaptainSwag101

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I personally voted for the option to show the info on the bottom screen when no game is selected in the poll (rather than making a new tab), but another idea I had was to perhaps show the information similar to how it is shown currently in FBI with some little status bars above and below the main content on the top screen. That's just my two cents though!
Y'know, That's actually a really good idea, I'm gonna change my vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU