Status
Not open for further replies.

ScientistGreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the purpose of using a .3dsx format of freeShop instead of .cia?..

Essentially from my understanding with the latest updates to Luma and B9S 3dsx's have become extremely stable to the point of almost no issue which that coupled with the recent event of Nintendo trying to stick it to CFW users by banning people while using it, (Note: Not 100% sure to that being the reasoning but all signs point to it so take that with a grain of salt.) but due to that the notion of running a "Clean Console" has become quite popular to where alot of demand for 3dsx formated version of homebrew projects has sprung up.

There are multiple benefits to this yes but it still does not guarantee that a console will be exempt from being banned.

Reactions: pepepotamo

Salvador Gremory

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually it is my theme but everyday I edit something of the theme XD

Attachments

• Screenshot_11.png
    Screenshot_11.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 481

BobSaget1945

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've been having a problem getting the FreeShop to work. Has anybody else had this same problem? I have downloaded and installed the cia file, then I load the title keys, but every time I try to install a game, the program crashes and I get the error message in the attached picture. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it probably over 8 times now. I have installed this latest version, previous versions, and everything gives the same error. I have B9S + Luma (latest edition). I am on 11.0.0-33U, however, and have not updated.

To clarify, I have freeshop 3.1.1, I have the enctitlekeys.bin file stored at /3ds/data/freeShop/keys, I have it set to automatically update, and still it crashes every single time I try to install a game. To get the titlekeys, I have downloaded a file and put it on the /3ds/data/freeShop/keys folder, and I have tried to not download it, but set it to automatically update from that certain website every time it opens. Nothing works. It always crashes.

I have downloaded and installed legit cia files, and those work just fine, so it's like everything else is working for me except for freeshop. Any ideas? :(

Attachments

• 20170610_025151[1573].jpg
    20170610_025151[1573].jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 295
Last edited by BobSaget1945,

Salvador Gremory

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys, I've been having a problem getting the FreeShop to work. Has anybody else had this same problem? I have downloaded and installed the cia file, then I load the title keys, but every time I try to install a game, the program crashes and I get the error message in the attached picture. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it probably over 8 times now. I have installed this latest version, previous versions, and everything gives the same error. I have B9S + Luma (latest edition). I am on 11.0.0-33U, however, and have not updated.

To clarify, I have freeshop 3.1.1, I have the enctitlekeys.bin file stored at /3ds/data/freeShop/keys, I have it set to automatically update, and still it crashes every single time I try to install a game. To get the titlekeys, I have downloaded a file and put it on the /3ds/data/freeShop/keys folder, and I have tried to not download it, but set it to automatically update from that certain website every time it opens. Nothing works. It always crashes.

I have downloaded and installed legit cia files, and those work just fine, so it's like everything else is working for me except for freeshop. Any ideas? :(
Probably is a bug of the Luma's last update

BobSaget1945

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have boot9strap 1.2. Would it be a better idea for me to just wait, for them to work out the bugs, or should I try to downgrade? If its hard to downgrade, I probably don't want to because i don't want to risk getting bricked.

But is it pretty consensus that the freeshop is crashing because luma 8.0 is buggy?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have boot9strap 1.2. Would it be a better idea for me to just wait, for them to work out the bugs, or should I try to downgrade? If its hard to downgrade, I probably don't want to because i don't want to risk getting bricked.

But is it pretty consensus that the freeshop is crashing because luma 8.0 is buggy?
You cannot downgrade your Luma version without downgrading back to b9s v1.1/v1.2 and I don't think there is a way to downgrade just yet. Luma 8.0 is causing a lot of crashes and bugs, and fixes are being made. Just wait and find your games elsewhere for now if you can't get freeShop to work, despite it working for other people on b9s v1.2 (such as myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY