Ghost64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
satellazone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
After you add Aroma, access the PayloadLoader by holding X when selecting Health & Safety from the quickstart menu on the gamepad, and then you can change your default autoboot from Tiramisu to Aroma (you can always change it back when you need to access Tiramisu). When you boot into Aroma the plugins included already run in the background, you don't have to do anything to activate them.
makes sense, thanks

Ghost64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
After you add Aroma, access the PayloadLoader by holding X when selecting Health & Safety from the quickstart menu on the gamepad, and then you can change your default autoboot from Tiramisu to Aroma (you can always change it back when you need to access Tiramisu). When you boot into Aroma the plugins included already run in the background, you don't have to do anything to activate them.
My quick start doesn’t work for some reason because whenever I turn on the gamepad, it won’t turn on the console.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just tested out Aroma today, and wow this is quite the outstanding development!
The only issue right now is that only some of my HBL apps aren't showing up on the main menu, and those that do, have issues going back to the main menu or even running at all (like RetroArch).

Eventually more and more homebrew apps will migrate to the WUHB format hopefully, and then we'll be able to enjoy homebrew as if they were official WiiU apps all along :D

Reactions: Powerful

Ghost64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Just tested out Aroma today, and wow this is quite the outstanding development!
The only issue right now is that only some of my HBL apps aren't showing up on the main menu, and those that do, have issues going back to the main menu or even running at all (like RetroArch).

Eventually more and more homebrew apps will migrate to the WUHB format hopefully, and then we'll be able to enjoy homebrew as if they were official WiiU apps all along :D
Hopefully homebrew launcher will have its own wuhb file. Keep in mind it is in beta so stuff might not work. You can switch back to Tiramisu using the EnvironmentLoader

ADHD1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Maschell,

I have a question.

I have now Aroma and Tiramisu running great.

But when in Tiramisu you only see the Tiramisu apps in HBL.
But when in Aroma you see both aroma apps and also the Tiramisu apps.

Is there a way to only see the Aroma apps when running aroma ?
That you dont see the .rpx files of Tiramisu

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
But when in Tiramisu you only see the Tiramisu apps in HBL.
But when in Aroma you see both aroma apps and also the Tiramisu apps.
This does not exist. There are no "Tiramisu apps" nor "Aroma apps".
Aroma shows both RPX and WUHB on the HOME menu. The homebrew launcher only shows RPX.
RPX can run just fine in Aroma but some are poorly coded and crash on exit.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
This does not exist. There are no "Tiramisu apps" nor "Aroma apps".
Aroma shows both RPX and WUHB on the HOME menu. The homebrew launcher only shows RPX.
RPX can run just fine in Aroma but some are poorly coded and crash on exit.
He is asking for a way to only show WUHB apps when running Aroma.
A simple solution would be if they had their own path instead of using /wiiu/apps.

Reactions: wolf-snake

ADHD1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Same. Felt it made the home screen look a little cleaner, and probably won't be accessing them with Aroma as more things get swapped to wuhb format.
That why i did it, made a folder for the .rpx apps and also for the aroma wuhb apps.

Wont be using the .rpx one's on aroma and looks cleaner on Wii U homescreen.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pirates on these kind of forums and Facebook groups that clamor their need to install 1400 Wii, Gamecube, and Wii U titles on the console are not "preservationists", you know? Waaay to far from it. LOL.

That SOMEONE is people from redump, archive, tosec, etc. Not the average joe from the forums/groups that wants to install 289 Virtual Console because omg-i-hate-ninty-and-their-re-releases-i-wont-pay-im-gonna-punish-them-with-my-torrents, or what-if-my-friends-come-over-and-want-an-obscure-game-thats-why-i-have-all-games-ready-for-them excuses.
They upload for the sake of said average joes. If nobody pirated, who would bother preserving? They are ultimately the same thing. Software and media are dumped to allow access without the IP holder's consent. (Not as if I've never contributed anything myself. Sure, it's small, but I personally dumped Corel Chess - I couldn't find it anywhere. Obscure enough that nobody ELSE had preserved it.)

That said - do you change the extension of the sigpatches plugin for Aroma or not? I got conflicting answers in the thread, and other less-savvy people might not want to risk anything. (I personally just don't have time until later.)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That said - do you change the extension of the sigpatches plugin for Aroma or not? I got conflicting answers in the thread, and other less-savvy people might not want to risk anything. (I personally just don't have time until later.)
Nope it stays the same which is 01_sigpatches.rpx. I just copied mine from Tiramisu into the correct place in Aroma and it is working as should be.

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any reason to update from tiramisu if we don't use homebrew and just play games?
If the autoplugins would be useful to you for the games you play at this time, go for it, but otherwise there isn't a need yet. No harm in adding it to your repertoire though, even if you don't need to use it yet. Eventually things will be updated to wuhb format and you'll want to use Aroma at that point anyway. Tiramisu can run elf and rpx files, Aroma can run wubh and rpx but not elf. If there is no rush to implement its features for you, probably just add it when you have some time to tinker or wait for awhile.

Reactions: mv522 and ArgoRV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2