Homebrew [RELEASE] Aroma Environment for Wii U

Th3L3g3nd12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant like how wiiu.guide used to be all about setting up haxchi or CBHC on your Wii U. But once Tiramisu was available, the site removed those guides and now only lists using Tiramisu as an option when hacking the Wii U. I was just curious if Aroma is going eventually going to become the next new default way to mod your Wii U and run homebrew and if the site was going to remove all talk of Tiramisu.
Aroma like Tiramisu are environments, meaning different “cfw” in a way. They’re more polished than the older guides, they are in the site I believe still, but you’ll need Tiramisu first to get Aroma so Tiramisu won’t be removed afaik anytime soon

Reactions: Clutz450

Th3L3g3nd12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is how do I enable autoboot with Aroma? I had it running and saw all my HB apps on the menu fine and all but loading a custom VC prompted an error like cfw wasn’t enabled.

Reactions: ZipMartin

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe stupid here, but what is this?

Is this a new exploit/cfw because I cant remember what I did to my wii u many years ago

All I know is if I try to boot the web exploit to try install off my sd, nothing happens anymore.

Is this a exploit via a Web or a cfw you install

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can anyone give me the tl;dr how this is better than mocha or tiramisu ?
  • New homebrew format / HBL free / homebrews on the wii u menu
  • Stable plugin system (no more BOTW issues, for example)
  • Plugins (like an FTP server, HID2VPAD, ...) and mods (like the plugin system) always in the background

Reactions: playstays_shun

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gotta admit I'm not a 100 % sure what the difference is between Tiramisu and Aroma (guess Aroma is better and more matured?) but I'm glad the Wii U scene (still) has someone like you @Maschell so congrats on the release and thank you! <3

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Doesn't the sigpatch module from Tiramisu work with Aroma?
Or does that have to be compiled with the new custom .rpl extension for Aroma?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you talking about the game unloading stuff from the memory?

The previous way plugins worked was that they could use memory shared by games, which could lead to some crashes like in BotW when using plugins.
With Aroma, this will no longer be the case, as each plugin will use their own memory assigned area that doesn't collide with other apps.

I wonder what is this app?
On my WiiU i use HAXCHI.
Do i need to use this tool?

Haxchi is just a HBL installer and the exploit to run homebrew from DS Virtual Console games (from what I remember).
With this, you basically get custom firmware right from boot, and can run Homebrew apps without even launching any kind of HBL.
All your Homebrew apps will get specific Home Menu entries instead, as if they were normal WiiU apps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/gXtJ12EeaOs?si=ESC50o7Vr5sUh71I