ROM Hack [RELEASE] Bravely Default Village Save Editor

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, im having a issue i think, im using Windows 10, Citra Emulator. It doesnt seem to have the Save File option, im doing somthing wrong? I found the file, i open it with the Exe and... nothing.
By the sounds of what you typed, you did it a little backwards. Use the program to open the save, via the File menu.

Reactions: NathanStrife

ATG_Squatter

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hello,

I realize I am a little late to the party, but I am having some difficulty using this great program.

I am on a Windows 10 machine with an up-to-date Citra.

Anyway, I am able to complete most of the steps given in the original post, but there is one part I do not understand. Here are the instructions:

"Steps to use:
  1. Extract save to PC
  2. Open COLONY#.sav with the program (# can be 0, 1, or 2. Program won't let you open other files)
  3. Change values in text boxes / dropdown menus
  4. Save, send through savedatafiler, then play game"
I do not understand step 4. What does it mean to send through a 'savedatafiler?'

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I realize I am a little late to the party, but I am having some difficulty using this great program.

Anyway, I am able to complete most of the steps given in the original post, but there is one part I do not understand. Here are the instructions:

"Steps to use:
  1. Extract save to PC
  2. Open COLONY#.sav with the program (# can be 0, 1, or 2. Program won't let you open other files)
I do not understand step 4. What does it mean to send through a 'savedatafiler?'

It is a 3ds save data backup and restore application

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

"Steps to use:
  1. Extract save to PC
Basically just means re-insert the save, opposite to what you did in step 1, whether emulator or real 3ds. savedatafiler is just one of the handful of programs to extract or insert a save.

ShadowX077

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
for some reason one of my store doesn't have a lvl next to it and it gives crash info anyway to fix that?
Post automatically merged:

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason one of my store doesn't have a lvl next to it and it gives crash info anyway to fix that?
Did you unlock the building before changing its level? Try setting it to zero then unlocking it first? Not sure, been too long since I looked at it.

Reactions: ShadowX077

ShadowX077

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you unlock the building before changing its level? Try setting it to zero then unlocking it first? Not sure, been too long since I looked at it.
YEAH I was dumb..... restarted was not that far in game. will this work for the 2nd game on the 3ds?

Gloomy_Arm_7198

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The program is not made for mobile, no. If you know what values to edit, then you can edit it with a hex editor on mobile or any other platform just fine.
Thanks for answering, unfortunately I am ill-equipped for hex editing or such. Is there any way to know what values to edit?

Gloomy_Arm_7198

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That depends on how many villager you have, you are better off using the villager editor. You can upload your save here and have someone edit it for you if you want.
I only have a single villager since I am incapable of gaining more, I would use the village editor if I could, but alas, I do not have a PC, I am just a simple mobile hermit.

I could upload my save here once I learned how, I'll be relying for your help.

Welp, I am at my wit's end, I implore for people to help me with this. I badly need a lot of villagers.

Attachments

• COLONY0.rar
    128 bytes · Views: 19
Last edited by Gloomy_Arm_7198,

16keano16

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello.

Please help.
I would like to use the Bravely Default Village Save Editor, but the file colony#.sav does not exist in my citra save data folder.
I only have the files BDFF.sav and BDSYS.sav.
I am able to proceed with the reconstruction of the village itself alone.

Does anyone know why there is no colony#.sav?

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

Please help.
I would like to use the Bravely Default Village Save Editor, but the file colony#.sav does not exist in my citra save data folder.
I only have the files BDFF.sav and BDSYS.sav.
I am able to proceed with the reconstruction of the village itself alone.

Does anyone know why there is no colony#.sav?
If there are no colony save files, then Citra seems to be doing something different with its save file handling from every other setup out there. No clue what, as I've never used the emulator.

I only have a single villager since I am incapable of gaining more, I would use the village editor if I could, but alas, I do not have a PC, I am just a simple mobile hermit.

I could upload my save here once I learned how, I'll be relying for your help.

Welp, I am at my wit's end, I implore for people to help me with this. I badly need a lot of villagers.
If you still need it, I changed the number of villagers.

Attachments

• COLONY0.zip
    158 bytes · Views: 25

keybladebard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I open the coloney file it says i have zero villagers even though i have the village unlocked and have 1 villager and it won't let me save the edit either please help

When I open the coloney file it says i have zero villagers even though i have the village unlocked and have 1 villager and it won't let me save the edit either please help
nevermind found it

I edited my backup file that i made with jksv how do I get my 3ds to use that file instead of the original?

Last edited by keybladebard,

zunga23

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi! I know this probably isn't the right thread, but it's the latest active thread. My game crashes whenever I talk to the save guy/merchant, because it tries to give me a friend bot and that crashes the game. Is there any way to bypass that? otherwise I can't access the shop, making Norende pointless. Thanks in advance!

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I know this probably isn't the right thread, but it's the latest active thread. My game crashes whenever I talk to the save guy/merchant, because it tries to give me a friend bot and that crashes the game. Is there any way to bypass that? otherwise I can't access the shop, making Norende pointless. Thanks in advance!
I never ran into that issue with this editor. If I edited the village save in a bad way the game would crash when interacting with the village, but never from talking to the merchant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: