ROM Hack [RELEASE] Bravely Default Village Save Editor

SplendidMaChao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since this seems to be the most fitting thread for it:
Does anyone know where to poke around in BD's save files regarding quest completion?
Without server connection, the "Invite Friends" tutorial quest is pretty much dead in the water.

Editing the colony save is a brilliant workaround to getting villagers, but that one quest irks the completionist in me :D
If anyone knows something (Or anything about the nemesis encounters. I think i read something about spoofing Street Pass encounters somewhere?), any help would be appreciated!

TotoAfrica

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sorry for up this post, is there a way to edit my colony without PC? Im playing on citra android. Sorry for my English im indonesian

rasuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hello! Thanks for all your help!
I am still struggling with this issue.
I think I downloaded my BD as a .3DS file and I heard only CIA works? Or CCI?
I'm using Citra to play my game.
I found the Colony0.SAV file, and downloaded the editor, and did everything instructed but nothing works.
I'm using a Windows10.

This wouldn't really matter to me, except I heard if you want to beat the game you NEED to build your village and add villagers to help!
Currently, it says I have 0/1.... So even my game says I have only 0 villager(s)?
I'm sorry to bother you so many years later after you've posted this! >,<

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you walked me through this process? Im also on android. I have the filenad a hex editor but i have no clue what i am looking when it comes to hex
If you look at the source code, it shows what values get changed, and to what, if you wanted to go the manual route.
Hello! Thanks for all your help!
I am still struggling with this issue.
I think I downloaded my BD as a .3DS file and I heard only CIA works? Or CCI?
I'm using Citra to play my game.
I found the Colony0.SAV file, and downloaded the editor, and did everything instructed but nothing works.
I'm using a Windows10.

This wouldn't really matter to me, except I heard if you want to beat the game you NEED to build your village and add villagers to help!
Currently, it says I have 0/1.... So even my game says I have only 0 villager(s)?
I'm sorry to bother you so many years later after you've posted this! >,<

Any version of the game should work as far as i know. As long as you get the colony#.sav, it should work, though I'm not sure how Citra handles saves. I remember the game being somewhat... picky about setting values, so you may need to get a villager first, then edit it. Same for the buildings, get at least one level of it, before making it higher level.

DarkLordDemaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
For Bravely Second, If you want to just change the number of workers, this Editor works fine.
As long as you rename the file appropriately.

JudgementCL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all I've used the editor to great success, but I've had one problem dealing with the special moves shop. I'd rather not delete my save file to start over, and all the other buildings work perfectly. Is there any way to fix a glitched special moves shop without resetting?

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all I've used the editor to great success, but I've had one problem dealing with the special moves shop. I'd rather not delete my save file to start over, and all the other buildings work perfectly. Is there any way to fix a glitched special moves shop without resetting?
From what I remember of the game, setting it to level 0 should have it be unlock-able again, and presumably would fix issues, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Worth a try though.

JudgementCL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I remember of the game, setting it to level 0 should have it be unlock-able again, and presumably would fix issues, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Worth a try though.
Thanks, I'll try that now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah, for the special move shop there is no zero option.

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll try that now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah, for the special move shop there is no zero option.
Ah, right, I set it to a minimum of 1. Does setting it to 1 fix it, or should I go poke the source code again to let it hit 0?

JudgementCL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshot-1.png
Ah, right, I set it to a minimum of 1. Does setting it to 1 fix it, or should I go poke the source code again to let it hit 0?
setting it to 1 I've tried, but it still shows up blank on my screen sadly even if I've set it to higher levels. Here's how it shows up on my shop even though I've noticed with villagers not occupied the option to confirm is still greyed out. It's only this shop and the rest work perfectly.

Last edited by JudgementCL,

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
setting it to 1 I've tried, but it still shows up blank on my screen sadly even if I've set it to higher levels. Here's how it shows up on my shop even though I've noticed with villagers not occupied the option to confirm is still greyed out. It's only this shop and the rest work perfectly.
Alright, odd, but not unexpected, this game typically outright crashes if things are weird. There is probably a reason I didn't let it be set to 0 in the past, so, make a backup of your save first, but I uploaded a version that lets you set buildings to 0. If that doesn't work, well, who knows I haven't touched the game in 5 years hah.

JudgementCL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, odd, but not unexpected, this game typically outright crashes if things are weird. There is probably a reason I didn't let it be set to 0 in the past, so, make a backup of your save first, but I uploaded a version that lets you set buildings to 0. If that doesn't work, well, who knows I haven't touched the game in 5 years hah.
Awesome, let me try that now.
-EDIT-​
Sadly, no it is still glitched out but thank you for all the help regardless. It doesn't seem to be saving it when I set it to level 0.

Last edited by JudgementCL,

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, let me try that now.
-EDIT-​
Sadly, no it is still glitched out but thank you for all the help regardless. It doesn't seem to be saving it when I set it to level 0.
Ah, that is probably why I should have tested it first, oops. Took me a bit to get a save file, but, from my testing, it seems to let you set things to 0 now, properly. Again, backup your save just in case, but good luck. If this doesn't resolve it, I don't know what would help here.

Matheusmgas

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Excuse me my dear sir but, have u ever got around to figure it out on "How to Nemesis" for your village editor? It really sucks we can't do anything about it for the Citra and sadly I'm not really good at coding at all (basically the barest of the bare minimum that made me finish college).

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me my dear sir but, have u ever got around to figure it out on "How to Nemesis" for your village editor? It really sucks we can't do anything about it for the Citra and sadly I'm not really good at coding at all (basically the barest of the bare minimum that made me finish college).
Never figured out where or how those were stored in the save file, if at all. Someone else might have though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw