• Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

Kristiqn5

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm so hyped about Splatoon!!!
we can swim now :)
btw tho, why is the music increasing volume when you go into squid mode? ( aka while swimming )
Edit: just did a comparison picture between 1.5.4 and Original
zqKURrM.jpg

What Cemu is missing: Bloom, proper shadow and reflections ( look at the checkpoint and the fences, same goes for the ink, needs to have reflection while it doesn't have )
Otherwise it looks almost close to original

Last edited by Kristiqn5,

AndreFrencl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi !! Im playing Super Mario U, and in the previous final level need "balance" the gamepad to play ! how i do!? i use the xbox one controller.

jonaand

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hi !! Im playing Super Mario U, and in the previous final level need "balance" the gamepad to play ! how i do!? i use the xbox one controller.
you have to select use Wii u pro controller
if you don't have super mario U update to v1.3
you have to do this with nusgrabber

Kirtai

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess you missed the news article I posted? Nintendo have opened up their dev program to anyone who registers, including access to their SDK's and even ability to order devkits from them.
I'm well aware of the dev program. I'm also aware that using any information or tools from the dev program in Cemu will make it vulnerable to a C&D.

Adonisds

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bug report: when using a controller mapped to a pro controller in Pikmin 3, the R button is always pressed all the time no matter what I try, so it can't be played with an emulated pro controller
Actually, this only happens when I'm using a GC controller, with an Xbox controller it works fine.
Also, could you please add emulated wiimote support and give us the option to disable emulating some wiiu features to increase speed, @Exzap ?
Oh, and thanks for all the work so far, the emulator is truly an amazing achievement

Last edited by Adonisds,

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm well aware of the dev program. I'm also aware that using any information or tools from the dev program in Cemu will make it vulnerable to a C&D.

You're presuming Ninty would be able to tie an anonymous online personna (Exzap) with the registered account details of someone in their dev program, when there's no real way of confirming the latter are even genuine.

Kirtai

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're presuming Ninty would be able to tie an anonymous online personna (Exzap) with the registered account details of someone in their dev program, when there's no real way of confirming the latter are even genuine.
That's beside the point. Simply having devs under NDA working on Cemu is risky since it gives Nintendo grounds to challenge any code that looks like it could be derived from the SDK.

Besides, you'd be surprised what court orders from a cooperative judge can do. e.g. Do you think Patreon doesn't know where to send his money? Or that he'd willingly commit fraud by signing up with false details?

Anyway, this is getting off-topic so enough from me.

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm so Hyped for the release but I think after that I can't play on the Cemu anymore because each Update I've lost performance :/

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Guys, stop saying that @Exzap needs to register in the Wii U developpers page, if he wants to register he will have to accept to an NDA, and that NDA obviously states that reverse engineering anything is not allowed.
And if he broke the NDA he'll be thrown in jail, sued for more than he has, and get into some serious legal shit.
It's obviously either a trap from Nintendo, or that Nintendo is giving up the Wii U and 3DS.
Leaks can happen easily without anyone getting caught.

You want that to happen to @Exzap?
You can say bye bye cemu then.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I just love that the NDA says reverse engineering is not allowed, and while I was reading the Graphics section of the Cafe SDK documentation, (the tools section, obviously to help me reverse engineer TexConv2) it said that this documentation exists to help people reverse engineer those tools and let them start making their own. :rofl2:

IIYAMA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm so Hyped for the release but I think after that I can't play on the Cemu anymore because each Update I've lost performance :/
That's how emulation work . Dolphin was very fast for some games back in 2009 . Now with the same old hardware , I can't run those specific games at playable speed . Don't misunderstand , I'm not blaming Dolphin or anything . In fact , I have less graphic issue or crash with latest Dolphin and most games can be bootable too . There wasn't many games can be run on Dolphin back then
Bsnes is a perfect example for this . He said a perfect emulation of the SNES will require 3GHz dual core . Exzap himself happen to have the same idea
Wardoctor said:
i want to know which direction you are taking mainly because of the major regression of performance and games running like bayo 2 and mario kart 8 loosing fps slowly each build.
Exzap said:
You have to realize that looking at just one or two games is not representative of the state of the emulator. We are trying to emulate a platform with hundreds of games. With every change we make, no matter if good or bad, something will break somewhere. Even if we improve one part of the emulator to be 100% perfect it can still trigger a chain reaction that causes games to stop working until we implement some other feature. In short, there is no guarantee that any game will work unless CEMU is 100% complete, even if the very same game worked in all previous releases.

In regards to performance: Emulation of more features decreases speed, obviously. There is still lots of room for performance optimizations in CEMU, but it's currently not a priority.
Good think that Dolphin made DX12 possible and that should speed up thing a little bit
And by the time Cemu can boot most Wii U games , you will get a better CPU eventually

Last edited by IIYAMA,

Lightpost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

That's what I also thought was the case.
The first time I fired up Super Mario 3D World on 1.5.3, it barely reached 40 FPS when it's 60 most of the time on 1.5.2. I thought it was just like other people say about "cache" so I just tried to play the game a lot longer to see if it would speed up but nope, it only looked good as before but still stuttered a lot, noob-thinking that probably the new "anisotropic filtering" was the culprit.

Next day, I decided to try Mario Kart 8, which barely reaches 30 FPS on 1.5.2 so I expected it to only look good on 1.5.3 with the FPS drastically decreased.
I couldn't tell if the load time increased but what happened next made my face as blank as a blank paper. FPS rarely went below 50! I even managed to finish the main four cups without getting annoyed by stutters!

So I exited and loaded SM3DW again because that's the main reason for me why someone should get a Wii U but to my dismay, what ran worse on 1.5.2 (MK8) was almost flawless on 1.5.3 and it was the other way around for 3D World.

Few days later, I decided to delete the "settings.bin" file and the "shaderCache" folder and loaded up both games, same results; bad FPS for 3D World and smile-inducing FPS for MK8.
That night, bored, I tried giving 3D World a go but this time, the only thing that lagged and stuttered was my mind - I couldn't believe how it now runs as smooth as MK8 does on 1.5.3.

I dunno which of the two things I did helped but here are my specs:
- i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz
- 16 GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Anyone here has an idea as to what other games these specs can run as smooth as how it can now run 3D World and MK8?
I don't want to hassle over Smash Bros. yet but do you think it's worth a try?

Last edited by Lightpost,

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Few days later, I decided to delete the "settings.bin" file and the shaderCache Folder and loaded up both games, same results; bad FPS for 3D World and smile-iducing FPS for MK8.
That night, bored, I tried giving 3D World a go but this time, only my mind stuttered in disbelief that it ran as smooth as MK8 does on 1.5.3.

Why disbelief? It's pretty obvious why from your description.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?