Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
checkk the readme for github and the op of this thread, the qr should always be up to date.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what did you try to install? it should install, no tik file will appear on your sd card
Okay. But the ticket is not there, at least not visible in fbi under tickets.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Arecaidian Fox I downloaded the update from CIAngel after deleting the previous one I had and still I can't access the DLC shop from within Super Smash Bros. Is there something I'm missing?
I would argue that you don't really need to worry about downloading DLC for Smash from CIAngel. The reason being is that the CIA out there to unlock it actually unlocks all DLC every time it's released. Every time you install the update, all available DLC is automatically unlocked. So you just need to install this single CIA once and that's it. The actual DLC is on the software update.

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would argue that you don't really need to worry about downloading DLC for Smash from CIAngel. The reason being is that the CIA out there to unlock it actually unlocks all DLC every time it's released. Every time you install the update, all available DLC is automatically unlocked. So you just need to install this single CIA once and that's it. The actual DLC is on the software update.
Lol yeah @Drakia pointed that out to me. This feature is pretty awesome :)

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed zelda picross myself, you need to decrypt the cia with decrypt9 before installing. Not sure if you can also solve it by just going to the eshop page, didn't try, but it's worth a shot.

How did you get decrypt9 working with arm9loaderhax? It worked fine when I was on 9.0 using menuhax but now that I am using arm9loaderhax I see no way to get into decrypt9. Any time I try to launch it, it just reboots me.

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How did you get decrypt9 working with arm9loaderhax? It worked fine when I was on 9.0 using menuhax but now that I am using arm9loaderhax I see no way to get into decrypt9. Any time I try to launch it, it just reboots me.
You're trying launching it from the homebrew menu right? Not sure what's up with that, it happens here aswell. Then I just launch it as a luma boot shortcut payload.

Reactions: Hammyface

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks but how do I do that? When I hold "select" while booting I do get a few options for Luma but what you said isn't one of them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You copy the Decrypt9WIP.bin to /luma/payloads and rename it something like start_Dec9.bin, or x_Dec9.bin, according to what key you want to hold on boot to launch it.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You copy the Decrypt9WIP.bin to /luma/payloads and rename it something like start_Dec9.bin, or x_Dec9.bin, according to what key you want to hold on boot to launch it.

Thank you so much.

Actually one more question :)

If I am downloading CIAs in CIAngel, what should I be doing in Decrypt9 to get them decrypted? Been messing around with it for 40 minutes and haven't figured it out yet (specifically for CIAngel stuff).

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

If I am downloading CIAs in CIAngel, what should I be doing in Decrypt9 to get them decrypted? Been messing around with it for 40 minutes and haven't figured it out yet (specifically for CIAngel stuff).
There's a game decryption menu that you can use having the cia in a Decrypt9 folder in the sd root. Tbh I'm not really sure what option should be good enough (shallow, deep, etc), so I just tried a couple having seed.db in the same folder just in case.
I'm sure someone else in this thread can explain/quote a previous explanation of what exactly needs to be done, but that should be the general idea.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much.

You'll need to copy the generated CIA into the /D9Game/ on your SD card, run Decrypt9, go to the Decrypt options sub menu, and do a (deep) decryption. Once that's done, you can use FBI to install the now decrypted CIA file.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to copy the generated CIA into the /D9Game/ on your SD card, run Decrypt9, go to the Decrypt options sub menu, and do a (deep) decryption. Once that's done, you can use FBI to install the now decrypted CIA file.

Thanks a million! So if I got this right, the CIA that CIAngel downloads and installs is not in any way decrytped, is that right? It's only running because the CFW is ignoring the encryption/signing? But if I take that CIA (only downloading it in CIAngel and not installing it) but then run it through Decrypt9, it will forever be decrypted? Did I get any of this right?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a million! So if I got this right, the CIA that CIAngel downloads and installs is not in any way decrytped, is that right? It's only running because the CFW is ignoring the encryption/signing? But if I take that CIA (only downloading it in CIAngel and not installing it) but then run it through Decrypt9, it will forever be decrypted? Did I get any of this right?
Only certain games require decryption, Nintendo added extra encryption to some games with the release of 9.6 firmware.
CIAngel doesn't do any decryption itself, which means if a game needs decrypted, you have to do it manually through Decrypt9. That specific CIA file is then decrypted, but still requires signature patching to be able to install and run.

The CFW isn't able to ignore the extra encryption, which is why "cryptofixing" (Using Decrypt9 to do a deep decryption) is required for certain games to run.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only certain games require decryption, Nintendo added extra encryption to some games with the release of 9.6 firmware.
CIAngel doesn't do any decryption itself, which means if a game needs decrypted, you have to do it manually through Decrypt9. That specific CIA file is then decrypted, but still requires signature patching to be able to install and run.

The CFW isn't able to ignore the extra encryption, which is why "cryptofixing" (Using Decrypt9 to do a deep decryption) is required for certain games to run.

Thanks! But then how come games I download and install from CIAngel work after simply visiting the game's e-shop page?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! But then how come games I download and install from CIAngel work after simply visiting the game's e-shop page?
Ah, that's because when you visit the eShop page, the encryption key for that game is added to your seeddb. The key is then used at runtime to decrypt the game.

Decrypting the game using Decrypt9 just takes the games encryption key (Normally from a seeddb.bin file) and decrypts everything so that the key doesn't need to be in your own seeddb.

I'm not sure on the specifics of how the seeddb itself is implemented, or if there would be any way for us to automatically add the key for games that require it in CIAngel. But for now, you have to either visit the eShop page (For same-region titles) or use Decrypt9 (For out of region titles) :)

Reactions: hiten

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did anyone try installing home menu themes using CIAngel? When I try, it just gets stuck at "Now creating/installing CIA" or something. Would the themes even appear in theme select if I were to manage to install them?

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone try installing home menu themes using CIAngel? When I try, it just gets stuck at "Now creating/installing CIA" or something. Would the themes even appear in theme select if I were to manage to install them?
Themes are a tricky subject... 90% of the time themes are not worth messing with as they disappear any time your NNID is accessed.

F you want persisting themes you should use CHMM2. And if you want to use the themes from the theme shop there is actually a thread somewhere that has links to the official themes for use with CHMM2.

Reactions: Lycan911

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Themes are a tricky subject... 90% of the time themes are not worth messing with as they disappear any time your NNID is accessed.

F you want persisting themes you should use CHMM2. And if you want to use the themes from the theme shop there is actually a thread somewhere that has links to the official themes for use with CHMM2.
Yeah, I am already using CHMM2 and official themes from the iso site, but I thought it would be cool to have them in the theme select menu. I know that the CIA themes made using Howl's tool disappear when using NNID in apps, but I thought they wouldn't disappear if they were downloaded directly from CDN. Oh well, you learn something new everyday.

Thanks for responding!

Reactions: Xenosaiga

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    What's weird is that they both have about the same speed in bandwidth but the Comcast one feels laggy like click something and it takes a second to load, the Eero one is just instant lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    why do i see some little songs at @shaunj66 's profile page?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sonics*
  • fluff663 @ fluff663:
    hello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Maybe he likes sonic
  • rvtr @ rvtr:
    Hey all.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Hey all.