Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

superbudvar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so what's the difference between region "all", region "off" and region "---"?

i've found when the region is set to "---", that no matter what i search nothing is returned, is this by intention?

edit:
i just tested all and off. i didn't realise some games had an "all" region. and off is pretty self explanatory once all has been tested. however i'm still confused by "---"

awesome update by the way, the search works wonders :)

The original wings.json had a category of "---" in it. I think this was either unknown or system based items. As I don't know what you intend to use this for, I thought it best to make an option to filter it, rather than hide it.

With the new source, these don't exist and as I result I've removed it in my current branch. I've also moved to merging ALL and regions together, as I think most people may not be aware that "ALL" is separate.

This is all pending pull requests, so may be rejected, but I hope this explains the thinking behind it

Reactions: cearp and Drakia

GeorgeAnton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The original wings.json had a category of "---" in it. I think this was either unknown or system based items. As I don't know what you intend to use this for, I thought it best to make an option to filter it, rather than hide it.

With the new source, these don't exist and as I result I've removed it in my current branch. I've also moved to merging ALL and regions together, as I think most people may not be aware that "ALL" is separate.

This is all pending pull requests, so may be rejected, but I hope this explains the thinking behind it
thanks for this, that makes sense. it explains why no results were being shown when '---' was selected

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i think the product code will be repaced by the type of content it is, although the ui should be changing in a little while anyhow from the works of a contributor, but yes it won't stay like that don't worry :)
you mean saving to the decrypt9 game folder, i think most people won't want to do stuff like that, it would be tricky letting the user select where they want to save etc, but yes it's possible
Most users, no, probably not. But I and I'm sure others archive .CIAs, and I like to decrypt mine. Would there be a way to maybe have it as a permanent setting, so you wouldn't have to reselect it every time? Oh, and one thing I did forget from my previous post is that along with being able to edit the Queue, it would be nice if it saved the Queue as well, in case the user needs or wants to exit the application after making it. Anyway, as-is, it's still an amazing piece of work :)

superbudvar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would suggest that you raise e
Most users, no, probably not. But I and I'm sure others archive .CIAs, and I like to decrypt mine. Would there be a way to maybe have it as a permanent setting, so you wouldn't have to reselect it every time? Oh, and one thing I did forget from my previous post is that along with being able to edit the Queue, it would be nice if it saved the Queue as well, in case the user needs or wants to exit the application after making it. Anyway, as-is, it's still an amazing piece of work :)

I think what you're asking for is some kind of settings file?

Along with someone's request to remember the install mode, it seems this would be the easiest way to achieve that. That would allow users to edit the save path in there, without the immediate need for an interface. The queue could also be saved there and reloaded later. Again editing could be done by those so inclined to do so.

It all sounds good to me though, the question is priority...

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest that you raise e

I think what you're asking for is some kind of settings file?

Along with someone's request to remember the install mode, it seems this would be the easiest way to achieve that. That would allow users to edit the save path in there, without the immediate need for an interface. The queue could also be saved there and reloaded later. Again editing could be done by those so inclined to do so.

It all sounds good to me though, the question is priority...
Yeah, I guess that's pretty much what would have to be done, is a settings file. One that can be edited either on PC or through the application GUI. And as far as priority, I am sure other things come first. I know most of my suggestions are more along the lines of user experience rather than essential functionality :P

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I guess that's pretty much what would have to be done, is a settings file. One that can be edited either on PC or through the application GUI. And as far as priority, I am sure other things come first. I know most of my suggestions are more along the lines of user experience rather than essential functionality :P
If you have a GitHub account, opening an "issue" for your suggestions is probably the best bet, makes it far easier to keep track of what's been suggested :)

If not, I can try to remember to open one after work today.

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cearp, You should probably put a note beside the QR code in the original post, stating you need either my original QRWebLoader or FBI 2.2.1 or newer, as lots of people will either try to scan it with the integrated QR thing for the stock browser, or will use FBI 2.1.x which can't follow the redirects for the github CDN.

Reactions: cearp

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know how I can go about installing the DLC for Super Smash Bros. from within the game? Everytime I try to access the DLC shop I get error 009-6106..
I am of course insinuating that I have successfully downloaded Super Smash Bros. from CIAngel.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know how I can go about installing the DLC for Super Smash Bros. from within the game? Everytime I try to access the DLC shop I get error 009-6106..
I am of course insinuating that I have successfully downloaded Super Smash Bros. from CIAngel.
Just use CIAngel to download the update CIA? I'm looking at it right now.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know why I am getting an error when attempting to install Pocket Card Jockey? All other CIA downloads through CIAngel have worked with no issues.

NooBziN

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no wings.json press a to download or any other key return
after I put name the application closes
home menu

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried something simple like "mario" to test it out.
image.jpg
No issue here.

Make sure you are on the latest release. And make sure you have the latest wings.json file.

This can be done in the newest release just by selecting "Download Wings.Json"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1