ROM Hack [Release] D.T.K: TitleKey.bin viewer and CDN downloader

justync7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have added several highly untested features to the Github repo in the latest commit. Feel free to build it yourself and test if you wish. Full release will probably be sometime in the next few days, but I'm not sure when.

Reactions: pbanj

justync7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just released the full 1.0 version, it adds config files, Key DB downloading, improved search function and required file downloading!

Reactions: pbanj

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work! Though, I found some bugs you can look at.
upload_2016-4-20_18-12-57.png

upload_2016-4-20_18-14-34.png

This thing is at a locked position, floats when window is expanded and cuts off when shrinken.
upload_2016-4-20_18-13-20.png

The top sorter buttons are completely useless.

edit: edited out title keys just in case, new bug

upload_2016-4-20_18-15-59.png

the first entries in the search or list always say 0MB Unknown.

Last edited by CeeDee,
Reactions: justync7

justync7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work! Though, I found some bugs you can look at.
View attachment 46394
View attachment 46397

This thing is at a locked position, floats when window is expanded and cuts off when shrinken.
View attachment 46396

The top sorter buttons are completely useless.

edit: edited out title keys just in case, new bug

View attachment 46398
the first entries in the search or list always say 0MB Unknown.
About the button:
I forgot to anchor it. Derp. Let me make a hotfix real quick

About the sorter buttons:
They don't have any behavior, .NET doesn't do that automatically. (I may add that in the future, but for now you can just refine your search terms)

About the 0MB Unknown:
Thats because the titles don't have that information in the GroovyCIA database.

EDIT: Reuploaded the release. Download the DTK_1.0hotfix.zip and the button will be fixed.

Last edited by justync7,

Chaos_Therum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you add some sort of filters for example filtering out european titles, or filtering everything but european. Also I hat to ask for so many things but would it be possible to build 3ds files as well. I personally wouldn't use .3ds files but a lot of people probably would.
Also could you rename the file based on the title after downloading and creating the cia then delete the raw files. Like I said sorry for all the requests but I would love to see this program go from something great to something awesome.

Last edited by Chaos_Therum,

justync7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you add some sort of filters for example filtering out european titles, or filtering everything but european. Also I hat to ask for so many things but would it be possible to build 3ds files as well. I personally wouldn't use .3ds files but a lot of people probably would.
Also could you rename the file based on the title after downloading and creating the cia then delete the raw files. Like I said sorry for all the requests but I would love to see this program go from something great to something awesome.
Better filter/search is planned.
Sadly, I don't plan on adding any support for .3ds files.
I have been thinking about automatically renaming the CIA folders to have names.

Reactions: CeeDee

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have been thinking about automatically renaming the CIA folders to have names.
If you end up renaming them just don't forget to at least add indicators for region and cia type, since there are demos and DLCs with the same name as the original game. Maybe something like "Pokémon Sun (U)" for the region, and make a couple folders specific to secondary types (i.e. not the full games themselves).
And while you'd be at it, why not rename the .cia the same? Or leave as an option. Would help organizing later on.

justync7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you end up renaming them just don't forget to at least add indicators for region and cia type, since there are demos and DLCs with the same name as the original game. Maybe something like "Pokémon Sun (U)" for the region, and make a couple folders specific to secondary types (i.e. not the full games themselves).
And while you'd be at it, why not rename the .cia the same? Or leave as an option. Would help organizing later on.
That's the jist of what I have planned.

Ptrk25

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@justync7 I see you implemented the GroovyCIA Database and I see you don't display the Type if the entry is from GroovyCIA. But actually you can determine the type out of the TitleID. If you want help with that, just ask me.

Chaos_Therum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks that will be great. Like I said I really don't care all that much for 3ds creation just figured it was worth asking I know it's out of the scope of funkeycia so I get why you wouldn't want to go through the headache of integrating another program for that.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

justync7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have made the repo private for the time being due to the amount of criticism this is getting. I'm not naming names, but I don't think it's wise to keep this up until I can figure out what to change.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have made the repo private for the time being due to the amount of criticism this is getting. I'm not naming names, but I don't think it's wise to keep this up until I can figure out what to change.
I think its near perfect so far and works great but any idea why so many titles have unknown Size,Publisher, and Type?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was maybe funny the third or fourth time companies did it +1