Homebrew Official [RELEASE] disc2app - dump installable app files from wiiu game disc

wizra

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried my first disc2app + wupinstaller y mod

The disc copied to SD card via disc2app
The SD card installed to USB via wupinstaller y mod

But when I press the game on home screen it says Checking for update, then says could not be updated and makes me return to Wii U menu.

What am I doing wrong? Any help will be much appreciated.

EDIT: So apparently I'm meant to copy over save/DLC/update from the system BEFORE installing to USB. I'll leave this post here in case anyone has similar issue, if that's okay with mods.

Last edited by wizra,

Waifu4Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if I'm understanding this application, it's only meant to create your own dumps in order to install them from an SD card, you can't actually run those from a hard drive using another application, correct?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can't actually run those from a hard drive using another application, correct?
You can use those files the same way that you'd use files that were downloaded from NUS. You can install them, or you can extract them with tools like cdecrypt or JNUSTool for loadiine or emulator use. Nothing runs them directly.

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to use Disc2App, but it keeps freezing at the 54% mark on title 11/24 for Smash Wii U (USA). After that, I reinserted the disc and it seemed like it was moving along, freezing sometimes (I reinserted again and the rip seemed to continue). After it completed, I tried to use WUPInstaller, but it didn't work (error 0xFFFBF3E2) My disc is really clean, and shouldn't have any bad sectors on it (I use it very often). I'm dumping to a 32 GB SDHC. Any help?

EDIT: Alright, basically did it the same way, but this time used WUP Installer GX2 with no errors, but Smash is 11.7 GB instead of 15.6 GB like from the eShop. Is that normal?

EDIT 2: Nevermind, did the method and installed successfully with WUPIG

Last edited by Clouded Sun,

gotem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I'm having a problem
I used this to generate a dump for the animal crossign game, and then isntalled correctly on usb drive. I started the game, then noticed I've forgotten to copy over the save data. so used the data manager to copy them over, along with that of other games ( I think I copied over 5 gb on savegames and updates)
upon exit of the data manager is got stuck on 'loading wiiu menu'. i pushed the power for 4 seconds, and now it doesn't boot.
the blue light comes on, i can heard the disc drive spinning, but doesnt send signal to the tv and jsut stays like that.
I've tried unpluging from teh power, removing the button battery, unplug the hard drive.
if I turn on from the gamepad it turns on the wiiu so there is still some communication going on there.
Has anyone seen soemthing like that? did I do something that could have caused it? or should i suspect a hardware problem?

gotem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nevermind, I had left it unplugged overnight , today I again tried to turn it on, reboot it, try to tur it on with a wiimote and nothing happened, finally I left it on whle I went to do something else and five minutes later it had booted, whatever it was it solved itself!
now I still have the question, probably to be added to the guides: should I reboot the wiiu after using either disc2app or wudinstaler-y before entering the data management and moving stuff around? does the hacks remain in memory after leaving the app?

spacelaser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've ran into a problem with my sd card being write protected after a failed disc dump. Any help with how to fix it? I've tried pretty much everything.

gotem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
are you sure the platic bit that locks the card isn't damaged, I've had it completely fall off from some cards, but you can cover the identation with tape to make the card writable again.

that or the chip in teh card is busted, and when it start throwing errors the Operating System (at least linux does) puts the filesystem in read only mode to avoid further corruption

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I made an homebrew that combines wudump & wud2app by FIX94. So all the credits goes to him.

It dumps just the .app/-h3/.tmd/.cert/.tik files from the disc. It is much faster than full disc dump, because it only reads the necessary parts of the disc. (And reduce the chance to encounter bad sectors in case of scratched discs)

You can choose between SD/USB. (the same as in wudump that it is based on)
It dumps the files to /install/<DISC NAME>/ folder.
If you dump it to the SD it can be installed as is with wupinstaller y mode.

Download/Source:
https://github.com/koolkdev/disc2app/releases/latest
Didn't knew about this very useful app until today. I'm gonna dump and install all my games now... here i go, Bayonetta 1&2! =D

Drroger88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So... if i dump any game, the file size would be similar to the size if i downloaded it from wii u usb helper? Why so the need of 24gb in sd card?

ferdi-t

Trophies
Website
ferdi-t.hyves.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dumping and installing my legit games works like a charm. However the games ask me to update. Now, I read that the proper way is to set the dns back to auto, confirm update, and go back to the blocked DNS.

Now, is this really the way to go or did I get something wrong? Seeing that it kinda seems to miss the whole point of blocking dns updates. And do I need to patch anything beforehand?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
blocking updates with DNS is used to prevent silent updates if you connect online and didn't know a new firmware was released.
you can manually check if a new version has been released here :
https://wii.marcan.st/wiimpersonator/reports/wiiu/
today, the last update is from July 2017 (5.5.2), which means you can safely disable the filters to block the update server.

Another solution is to run NNU Patcher (not always working), it's used to temporarily enable access to eshop. (not to the firmware update server)

another solution is to delete the "update" folder in your console's file system, and disable the DNS completely.
without the update folder, the console can't download the updates if there are any. it's even safer than using unknown, unsafe, unreliable, remotely managed by someone else, filters.

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good day everyone,

I've been trying to backup/dump my copy of a Guitar Hero Live for WiiU.

When I get to the install part I'm getting an error every time.

Tried re-dumping same error.

Tried researching error and it says to re-dump file as apparently it's 0 bytes in size.

When the game is dumping I don't know if it finishes successfully as I set it and leave it and when I come back it's back to the WiiU menu as the system restarts (not sure if normal behavior or if it s supposed to stay in app), as far as I can tell, there's no log either.

Anyone got any ideas to help make it work?
ca3e2e08dcb008733ba914ab4dc64834.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since