• Views 1,496,646
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

Necrojinsei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a couple versions back. Then a couple more back, etc.
I got it! I went back a few and now it loads up just fine. I think I know why it's having the problems it did now.

It appears that it cannot load up any of the system files that are on the sysNAND. It's very odd that as I switch between them I cannot see anything. There is also the problem that I have some AM error. Any ideas on how to fix these issues?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All Right I'm having an odd error. I'm trying to open FBI on 9.0 N3DS through various means. For instance I've tried the Hombrew launcher through Cubic Ninja, I've tried the Cia in Gateway SysNAND, and I've tried the .3ds file with Gateway.

I keep getting "loading file list", then goes to black briefly, then again the "loading file list" message over and over again. Anyone have any help?
This seems to be a known problem, @Stevice10 just doesn't have an n3ds (seems to work OK on o3ds) just use 1.4.15

O'Condor

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys, would you please help me?

o3D with RxTools. Nand 9.x Emunand 10.1 if i remember correctly.
i made a nand switch towards a bigger SD card Kingston. When i try to install cias using FBI manager i get this: (note that before changing SD and upgrading Emunand i was able to install cias)

install failed!
xxxxxxxxx.CIA
Source: SOURCE APP WRITE CIA (0x6)
Module: MODULE NN AM (0x20)
Level: LEVEL STATUS (0x19)
Summary: SUMMARY INVALID ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: Unknown 0x1

I hope someone could find a solution. Thank you in advance.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

i made a nand switch towards a bigger SD card Kingston. When i try to install cias using FBI manager i get this: (note that before changing SD and upgrading Emunand i was able to install cias)

install failed!
xxxxxxxxx.CIA

Most of the time, that problem is related to the SD card (either fake, slow, not formatted properly, etc.). Try doing a full wipe of the card using good software like SDFormatter by Panasonic. If the problem still persists, it's probably a bad card, although the occasional cia may install if you're lucky.

Superbossboo

The Regular
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

install failed!
xxxxxxxxx.CIA

I managed to find out what happened. The firmlaunch is causing the problem so if you use Pasta (or Pasta inside RXtools), install your cia's and then clone your sysnand to your emunand, you'll be good.

D

Deleted User

OP
Just put out 1.4.17. It should fix an issue with the free space display, and it was built with devkitARM r45 and libctru 1.0.0. I tested it on my 10.3 N3DS (and no, installing/deleting doesn't work on 10.3), and it doesn't get stuck on the loading screen, so for those who it wasn't working for, see if it works now.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to install some cias, and this is what happens.

Source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0X1C)
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0X20)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0X1B)
SUMMARY: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0X7)
DESCRIPTION: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE (0X6A)

So, is this something from the SD card, or the cias are corrupted?, thanks in advance.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to install some cias, and this is what happens.

Source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0X1C)
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0X20)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0X1B)
SUMMARY: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0X7)
DESCRIPTION: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE (0X6A)

So, is this something from the SD card, or the cias are corrupted?, thanks in advance.
Are you booted into your CFW? If you aren't then that's normal behavior as it seems your CIAs aren't legit and FBI itself doesn't patch signatures

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you booted into your CFW? If you aren't then that's normal behavior as it seems your CIAs aren't legit and FBI itself doesn't patch signatures

That is weird, since i'm using an Emunand with 10.3, and also using Rxtools mode, i'm gonna try downloading another cia of the same game, but still, it is definitely weird since i was able to install them before, any idea why this might happen?

(I was definitely booted into CFW mode when i was using FBI, heck, i don't think i'm able to use FBI without Rxtools mode, but it did installed some other cias... weird)

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is weird, since i'm using an Emunand with 10.3, and also using Rxtools mode, i'm gonna try downloading another cia of the same game, but still, it is definitely weird since i was able to install them before, any idea why this might happen?

(I was definitely booted into CFW mode when i was using FBI, heck, i don't think i'm able to use FBI without Rxtools mode, but it did installed some other cias... weird)
It's probably something the rxTools devs broke or something :P if you've updated lately then it's really likely

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
It's probably something the rxTools devs broke or something :P if you've updated lately then it's really likely

It's weird though, i mean, Rxtools easily bypass 10.3?, since well, it's an Emunand, it's supposed to be like that, I have a copy of my emunand in 9.9 for reserve, but Idk, some games in the future may require a firmware update, and setting an update on my 3DS is quite a pain in the butt to do, it doesn't help that i wasn't able to install them (neither) on the Sysnand haha.

But nah, they are games that might not be worth of my time right now, I shall try something different another day, just for curiosity, is there any way to backup the saves of my 3DS games in my SD?, in case i want to format (again) my SD in order to install those things, and not losing the Savedata during the process, it would be great to know.

Venat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got an Install failed.

Source: SOURCE_APP_WRITE_CIA (0x6)
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
Level: LEVEL_PERMAMENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE (0x6a)

I'm certain I'm in emunand and all.

Going to try another game.

The other one worked. I don't like this, since I uninstalled the game in question to install a "cleaner" version of it, and now that clean one doesn't work.

Last edited by Venat,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an Install failed.

Source: SOURCE_APP_WRITE_CIA (0x6)
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
Level: LEVEL_PERMAMENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE (0x6a)

I'm certain I'm in emunand and all.

Going to try another game.

The other one worked. I don't like this, since I uninstalled the game in question to install a "cleaner" version of it, and now that clean one doesn't work.
Use FBI to install Dev Menu and Big Blue Menu (titlemanager)

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Venat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do I need both? I guess the latest versions are on the site that is down right now..

The only blue menu I can find is from November 2014, isn't there a newer one?

Last edited by Venat,

kennyhi123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you help me with my problem on my new3ds, it just that when i use Fbi in Hbl i get "description invalid commend",I already did the title.db and import.db.

I also tried going to hbl>cake/rxtool>emunand>hbl again>fbi

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you help me with my problem on my new3ds, it just that when i use Fbi in Hbl i get "description invalid commend",I already did the title.db and import.db.

I also tried going to hbl>cake/rxtool>emunand>hbl again>fbi
Did you use the correct setting? The default is to install to SD. If you're trying to install a system file, you have to switch that to NAND. Also, how did you launch HBL? If signatures aren't patched, you can't install most things anyway. I don't recall now if FBI from HBL does the hax on its own yet... (If not, you'd need to launch a CFW first before launching HBL again to launch FBI). The first time you get it to work, you should really install FBI.cia with it.

You might be able to launch the FBI.3dsx through ctrbootmanager (via browserhax or menuhax). Just another option for you to try...

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay