[RELEASE] Flycast Vita by Rinnegatamante & Bythos

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
you also need fd_fix
what's that? where do i find it and where do i put it?
Some guides and readmes assume i know what "add to *KERNEL" means, or other stuff that i suppose i'll know after a week or two doing this.. so i can't help but missing out some details. I do know about the config.txt file and*KERNEL now btw, that was just an example

Reactions: SuperDan

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
original info :

Requirements:
- CFW Enso 3.60 or Enso 3.65
- libshacccg.suprx
- kubridge.skprx v.0.2 or higher
- fd_fix.skprx OR repatch_ex.skprx

Installation Process
- Install kubridge and FdFix by copying kubridge.skprx and fd_fix.skprx to your taiHEN plugins folder (usually ux0:tai) and adding two entries to your config.txt under *KERNEL. [NOTE: You need to update kubridge if you had it already installed for previously released Android ports].

The downlod link is somewhere in this topic, I know its over 10 pages long.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am stupid and have to correct myself :

I had request Chankast and nullDC emulator ports. The funny story is, flycast is using at main core nullDC in an update version 3 (latest, the PSP use version 2 but with original nullDC core). So the request for nullDC is done. But Chankast still open.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bringing back the story of FastGDRomLoad. We was talking back in the weeks about it. It seems the code version from rinne has this option, but it dont show up in the settings, for what ever reason. Or is it only on Retroarch mode ?

here a look ->

original

https://github.com/flyinghead/flycast/blob/master/core/cfg/option.cpp

// Misc

Option<bool> SerialConsole("Debug.SerialConsoleEnabled");
Option<bool> SerialPTY("Debug.SerialPTY");
Option<bool> UseReios("UseReios");
Option<bool> FastGDRomLoad("FastGDRomLoad", false);

rinne

https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/flycast-vita/blob/master/core/cfg/option.cpp

// Misc

here is a video on youtube, (not from me) :

Flycast - GD-ROM Fast Loading mode - Soul Calibur - Before/After
youtube.com/watch?v=--cV5BAPgbo

See a before/after of the new option we just added to Flycast, called 'GD-ROM Fast Loading Mode'. It can severely cut down on loading times, sometimes even removing them almost entirely as can be seen in the game 'Soul Calibur' here.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bringing back the story of FastGDRomLoad. We was talking back in the weeks about it. It seems the code version from rinne has this option, but it dont show up in the settings, for what ever reason. Or is it only on Retroarch mode ?

here a look ->

original

https://github.com/flyinghead/flycast/blob/master/core/cfg/option.cpp

// Misc

rinne

https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/flycast-vita/blob/master/core/cfg/option.cpp

// Misc

here is a video on youtube, (not from me) :

Flycast - GD-ROM Fast Loading mode - Soul Calibur - Before/After
youtube.com/watch?v=--cV5BAPgbo

See a before/after of the new option we just added to Flycast, called 'GD-ROM Fast Loading Mode'. It can severely cut down on loading times, sometimes even removing them almost entirely as can be seen in the game 'Soul Calibur' here.
Any luck with MSR Racing?

Reactions: peter8

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry man MSR need a perfect emulator by 8MB or higher. Currently we work with 6MB.

Name : Metropolis Street Racer (US)[YZB]
Format : cdi
Region : US NTSC
Emulator : Flycast Vita v.1.0.2
Result : Intro video runs with ~90% framerate. The main menu and music option works to 100%. Textures are all perfect !
But the gameplay framerate has ~50% framerate, unplayable. Intense engine the same problem like 24h Le Mans.

Name : Metropolis Street Racer (US)[YZB]
Format : cdi
Region : US NTSC
Emulator : Flycast Vita v.1.0.3
Result : ?

Info from rinnegatamante :

Currently the Emulator runs with - ''available memory for the emulator by 6 MBs''

6MB is the lowest setting that the emulator works and a low % of games are working.
8MB is what the most games need and the Videos, is best working, but there are missing 2MB.
10MB is perfect working and also NAOMI need it, with this one all should work, butt mssing 4MB

I dont know where to get +2MB more so we have 8MB. But I come to the idea to use it from the Vita Memory Card or SD2Vita card. Example : Need For Speed Most Wanted Vita need a Memory Card with 4GB and it will create a virtual memory on the Card to get more power (printed on the front box cover). What is when rinne is using a virtual memory drive of 2GB to get more performance ?

CDI works best with 6MB, since its ripped and downsample.
GDI works best with 8MB, original dreamcast spec.
CHD is compressed and need the most power.
Post automatically merged:

Metropolis Street Racer (US)[YZB] Flycast Vita v.1.0.3
Test-Drive, drive alone :
Use in-game option 'TV Camera - ON' give you 90% framerate up to 99% in gameplay !!! Front Camera view gives also a lot better framerate.
Used Long Drive in Test Mode.
btw. Racing games runs mostly better with this emulator when using a different camera angel (front view). Unfortunality TV Camera is not so good to drive, but good working in first test. On this way Lap time races should be possible, best lap time in single race.

Good News !

I am now in FastGDRomLoad mode with Flycast Vita v.1.0.3. I am on testing now, it seems it gives more speed in gameplay and it stops the dropdowns. And maybe I can change some texture settings in the cfg. When all works fine I will upload it and rinne can make version 4. Quake III has a better balance now. YEAH. (but I am still unsure)

FastGDRomLoad mode is now working !
My gosh after long time found out how to do it.

Tested with Fighting Force 2 and Quake III on Flycast Vita v.1.0.3. Fighting Force 2 has amazing fast loading times, wow. And Quake III runs also a bit faster now. The Intro video for Biohazard 3 is mostly good now, but only cdi version downsample version. The Ring Terror Realms works also better. I had not tested Soldier of Fortune, but this is where we need it mostly, since it has the hardest loading times ever.

But Flycast Vita v.1.0.3 and v.1.0.2 has pro and contras, works slightly different.
Example :
Fighting Force 2 with v.1.0.2 without FastGDRomLoad, has perfect gameplay framerate, but title screen runs slow.
Fighting Force 2 with v.1.0.3 with FastGDRomLoad, gameplay is not so perfect, but title screen runs perfect.

I had also fixed some texture errors v.1.0.3. But Unreal Tournament and The Ring works a lot better with v.1.0.2.
Its good to have both install files on the Vita system and install the correct one for each game.

Now I test a lot to get the right buffer size and I will try to clean some string lines, this could help with performance.

Last edited by peter8,

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Biohazard 3 works different like Code Veronica and FastGDRomLoad is not working on all titles. For Code Veronica its not so helpfull, only for items menu and doors. But we are working on lowest mem vita specs, so any help is usefull.

Example :

The Dreamcast was a good console but was having one big problem, it dont have enough RAM. It was more a arcade console. We have 3 types of dreamcast games that differently works. The untouched GDRom has tons of small files, because the Dreamcast can only load a small part of it into the RAM.

Type 1
Biohazard 3 - everything gets loaded over small files, all items, all enemys, every single camera, the bullet that you shot. Flycast has the problem that he can not load fast enough the small files and we have on every step a dropdown. The FastGDRomLoad option works very good here, since all files gets load fast, even when we work with lowest mem specs on vita system.

Type 2
Code Veronica - all Areas and Maps get full loaded into the RAM, only the items plus menu gets loaded every time. In this fact FastGDRomLoad is not very helpfull. Since the Maps gets full loaded, we dont have enough mem on the vita for this title.

Type 3
Quake III - the main Maps gets full loaded into the RAM, but Enemys gets extra loaded, plus cdda music tracks. Music is complete differnt working compared with Biohazard 3 and Code Veronica its files based. FastGDRomLoad helps to load the enemys faster, but NOT the game framerate.

Example :

Mortal Kombat Gold, has millions of small files, FastGDRomLoad will help.
D2, everything gets full loaded into the RAM and stay there, its a mem problem.

Extra Note :

Flycast Vita v.1.0.2 + FastGDRomLoad - working ! Fighting Force 2 works mostly good. Fixed Title menu full speed !
Flycast Vita v.1.0.3 + FastGDRomLoad - working ! Fighting Force 2 works, but slower than version 2.

After testing, Flycast Vita v.1.0.3, it works 2% slower than Flycast Vita v.1.0.2. We can stay on v.1.0.2.

There is also a string to get Stereo to Mono, this also reduce the specs and gives a little more mem. But the info from Flycast say, there is no mono setting. But I will test it and maybe it works.

In the end we need more mem on the vita. rinne had say the plugin Kubridge eat a lot mem from vita. Flaycast need update and Kubridge.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NEW UPDATE :

Flycast Vita v.1.1

Changelog (v.1.1):
- Downstreamed to latest official Flycast commit. (BoxArts support has been disabled by default. It's recommended to enable it from emu.cfg solely if you have few roms cause, with a lot of roms, it will cause general instability in the emulator due to mem constraints).
- Added Fast GDRom Load option. (Faster loading times in games but may cause issues in some games).

Million thanks to rinne !

First Test v.1.1 :

FastGDRomLoad option is now under 'Settings / Advanced / Other' to find. Yeah ! simple put on and off, cfg change dont need anymore,

I had see there is more updated into the core. Tested first 5 minutes from Biohazard 3, new version has +3% performance.
Unreal Tournament need re-check for texture, was not good working on version 3, but perfect on version 2.

Last edited by peter8,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_20221025_093245.jpg

I like the menu better.. I'm wondering if my games would have better performance if they was CDI & not GDI... I have to admit I haven't had time to test or play much at all... Got Hooked on NeiR Automata on switch... Recently & that's been getting my spare time

Reactions: jeferey

Starry_Night

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've messed with my settings so much im confused what the defaults was >>>?
I already got confused when I first looked at the settings when flycast first released.... I need a text file with all the best settings for each of the games lol. I haven't used flycast for vita in a month or 2 so, ya...

• Haha
Reactions: peter8 and SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already got confused when I first looked at the settings when flycast first released.... I need a text file with all the best settings for each of the games lol. I haven't used flycast for vita in a month or 2 so, ya...
Same here ive been quite addicted to my Switch ... & that new Half Life 2 VR Mod was awesome .... plus wife & work LOL !

Reactions: peter8

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ SuperDan : I can upload my cfg file and you just put it into your folder, in this way you have my settings.

@ Starry_Night : just test only the games from my list and find the best settings.

@ jeferey : delete all files and install it new, And maybe your settings are wrong.

The new version gives only a little bit more performance, but this is good so. Everything is updated and the emulator is now in best status. Rinne maybe dont get it better. The only problem left is Kubridge, its need so many mem, this update is the job of coder Bythos.

Remember only a low number of games are working now :

Fighting Force 2 - mostly good now
Nanatsu no Hikan - mostly perfect now
Biohazard 3 - better performance
Prince of Persia - mostly perfect
The Ring Terror Realms - better performance
Silent Scope - is now decent playable

Illbleed is now a lot better working,just walk and dont run. Its maybe now decent playable ! (you must walk anyway)
Unreal Tournament is now Fixed with texture, mostly, version 03 was create so many errors.

Quake III works a lot better, but still unplayable, playing tier 1 with enemys.

Starry_Night

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ SuperDan : I can upload my cfg file and you just put it into your folder, in this way you have my settings.

@ Starry_Night : just test only the games from my list and find the best settings.

@ jeferey : delete all files and install it new, And maybe your settings are wrong.

The new version gives only a little bit more performance, but this is good so. Everything is updated and the emulator is now in best status. Rinne maybe dont get it better. The only problem left is Kubridge, its need so many mem, this update is the job of coder Bythos.

Illbleed is now a lot better working,just walk and dont run. Its maybe now decent playable ! (you must walk anyway)
Unreal Tournament is now Fixed with texture, mostly, version 03 was create so many errors.

Thanks. I'll take a look at it later tonight

Same here ive been quite addicted to my Switch ... & that new Half Life 2 VR Mod was awesome .... plus wife & work LOL !
I've playing around on my hacked PS3, and my PC here and there. I've been mostly watching YouTube, and helping out on a wildlife sanctuary where I live. So I've been kinda out of touch on the whole hacking thing.

Last edited by Starry_Night,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I'll take a look at it later tonight

I've playing around on my hacked PS3, and my PC here and there. I've been mostly watching YouTube, and helping out on a wildlife sanctuary where I live. So I've been kinda out of touch on the whole hacking thing.
I Understand ..i work with Animals too ive been a Vet Tech for about 9 years now .... i still love hackin & always ..just my i aint got the time much anymore work 6 days a week &on sundays im just a lazy af

Yes Sir ! i'd try the cfg ini when ever you post it .... i dunno about you but since Flycast came out my Max Payne no longer works on Vita >? & ive tried installing it twice recently

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will upload it soon, I will just make a 'data folder' so all of you can use it. Very easy. Dont say sir, I am just a stupi east german old man. lol

Max Payne, this can be only the problem of Kubridge version 2. I am sorry, I had delete Max Payne for some days ago, because I am running low on space and was not testing it anymore. GOOD that you report it !!!
But I had tested the new Kubridge plugin with all other PC ports, Quake I II and III, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem, Wolf3D, Blood, Half Life, Blake Stone, all of them works fine and Quake III PC Port works better now. I only have PC ports, no Android ports on my vita.
I was not testing so far C&C PC port, will do it now.

Kubridge version 2 need more testing, with all homebrews.

@ jeferey :
there is a data folder in ux0:data/flycast. you must delete the folder ! otherwise you run the new update version 4 and using the old cfg version 3. This will fight each other. Delete flycast and the folder ! install all again, this must work. otherwise I will create a data folder.

jeferey

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will upload it soon, I will just make a 'data folder' so all of you can use it. Very easy. Dont say sir, I am just a stupi east german old man. lol

Max Payne, this can be only the problem of Kubridge version 2. I am sorry, I had delete Max Payne for some days ago, because I am running low on space and was not testing it anymore. GOOD that you report it !!!
But I had tested the new Kubridge plugin with all other PC ports, Quake I II and III, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem, Wolf3D, Blood, Half Life, Blake Stone, all of them works fine and Quake III PC Port works better now. I only have PC ports, no Android ports on my vita.
I was not testing so far C&C PC port, will do it now.

Kubridge version 2 need more testing, with all homebrews.

@ jeferey :
there is a data folder in ux0:data/flycast. you must delete the folder ! otherwise you run the new update version 4 and using the old cfg version 3. This will fight each other. Delete flycast and the folder ! install all again, this must work. otherwise I will create a data folder.
can you send your .cfg? for this version, because I can't make the games work better with this version....yet I did delete the data folder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Tried XDefiant it's mrh