[RELEASE] Flycast Vita by Rinnegatamante & Bythos

jeferey

Trophies
XP
Country
France
will do it next days, promise.

what is exactly the problem ? texture errors ? or framerate, performance ?

please give me a list of your games that you want to play.

House of the dead 2 ok with v1.2,v1.3,v1.1, but for me just up to performance

Wacky race ok with v1.02,1.03 but v1.1 black band right corner. performance on time attack 1 players it's so good!
and v1.1 performance better or screen broken texture

Silent Scope : Ko with all version texture the viewfinder stays black

MSR: Ok with all version , playable , but request much framerate,

Toy commander Very good with all version better v1.1

Soulcalibur run very slow 20fps in v1.2,v1.3, or v1.1 broken texture not playable

project justice ok with v1.2,v1.3,v1.1 not very best perf for me with all version

Confidential mission : Perfect all versions

Dead or alive 2 : ok with all version but no best perf , framerate no good

Power stone 1 ok

power stone 2 ok better in 1vs1

Death Crimson OX ok with all version; perfect

Dynamite cop ok with all versions with spec settings for no glitch

ESPN: ok

Deadly skies ok with all version: perfect

Fist of the North Star Perfect with all

Fighting Vipers 2 with all versions not very best perf

Phantasy Star Online : Perfect

NBA Showtime perfect

Propeller arena: Ok with version 1.3 good perf, not tested with v1.1

Rayman 2 ok, Ready 2 Rumble Round 2 ok with patch espirall!!!
same with sonic and sonic 2

Soul fighter ok with all version

Speed devils so better with version 1.1, or v1.2and 1.3 same good performance and framerate

Tech Romancer: ok all versions

Tony hawx pro skater 2 ok with all versions

Virtua Striker 2, ouch very good game , euhh requires a lot of perf for all versions, texture ok

Virtua tennis: ko crash with v1.1 or v1.3 and 1.2 ok but very slow

Walt Disney World Quest - Magical Racing Tour with all version ok run great

Zombie Revenge ok with all version

Resident Evil Code Veronica with v1.1 not tested, but v1.3 , I have already made good progress lol

Marvel vs Capcom 2 ok with all version, same for 2d fighting games in general

Sports Jam: ko with all version

Head hunter , good perf with all version

Reactions: peter8 and SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
House of the dead 2 ok with v1.2,v1.3,v1.1, but for me just up to performance

Wacky race ok with v1.02,1.03 but v1.1 black band right corner. performance on time attack 1 players it's so good!
and v1.1 performance better or screen broken texture

Silent Scope : Ko with all version texture the viewfinder stays black

MSR: Ok with all version , playable , but request much framerate,

Toy commander Very good with all version better v1.1

Soulcalibur run very slow 20fps in v1.2,v1.3, or v1.1 broken texture not playable

project justice ok with v1.2,v1.3,v1.1 not very best perf for me with all version

Confidential mission : Perfect all versions

Dead or alive 2 : ok with all version but no best perf , framerate no good

Power stone 1 ok

power stone 2 ok better in 1vs1

Death Crimson OX ok with all version; perfect

Dynamite cop ok with all versions with spec settings for no glitch

ESPN: ok

Deadly skies ok with all version: perfect

Fist of the North Star Perfect with all

Fighting Vipers 2 with all versions not very best perf

Phantasy Star Online : Perfect

NBA Showtime perfect

Propeller arena: Ok with version 1.3 good perf, not tested with v1.1

Rayman 2 ok, Ready 2 Rumble Round 2 ok with patch espirall!!!
same with sonic and sonic 2

Soul fighter ok with all version

Speed devils so better with version 1.1, or v1.2and 1.3 same good performance and framerate

Tech Romancer: ok all versions

Tony hawx pro skater 2 ok with all versions

Virtua Striker 2, ouch very good game , euhh requires a lot of perf for all versions, texture ok

Virtua tennis: ko crash with v1.1 or v1.3 and 1.2 ok but very slow

Walt Disney World Quest - Magical Racing Tour with all version ok run great

Zombie Revenge ok with all version

Resident Evil Code Veronica with v1.1 not tested, but v1.3 , I have already made good progress lol

Marvel vs Capcom 2 ok with all version, same for 2d fighting games in general

Sports Jam: ko with all version

Head hunter , good perf with all version
WHAT no Draconus ( my fav hidden gem of DC )
1666816042100.png

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ jeferey : thanks for your test list ! You have titles that I dont know and was not testing it. lol
This will go into the test list :

https://gbatemp.net/threads/flycast-vita-gbatemp-member-compatibility-list-and-testing.618665/

This are the only one I know from you :

Silent Scope
Tony hawk pro skater 2
Zombie Revenge
Resident Evil Code Veronica

Silent Scope - I can help you with my cfg file, this game has perfect textures, the framerate is not the best in the beginning but get better and better over the time. Try NOT to use 'Fast Sorting' option on version 4 and do NOT use 'Mipmaps'.

Tony hawk pro skater 2 - you must test it longer ! one version NTSC or PAL will crash all the time when you play 5 minutes or so. I had test yesterday Tony Hawk 1 NTSC and the framerate was mostly at 95% to 99%, this is pretty good.

Zombie Revenge - I had not test it on the new version 4, the textures was perfect on v2, but the framerate is to slow for myself to say its decent playable. Runs it faster on version 4 ?

Resident Evil Code Veronica - For me the performance is to slow, I will stick with Biohazard 3. Unfortunality I dont get Resident Evil 2 to start what ever I use PAL or NTSC-

Head hunter - This game is perfect working for you with good performance ?? I had not test it, but I know this game for the PS2.

@ SuperDan : I play all my life long dreamcast and a big fan, never heard of this title. lol
You can also upload your cfg when you want, I can check it out over my PC and see whats going on.
Post automatically merged:

EDIT :

Flycast Vita v.1.1 cfg test peter8 gbatemp Unreal Tournament FIX.rar 4.65 MB

- Texture FIX Unreal Tournament
- Texture FIX Silent Scope

Notes : do not change any setting ! Only downclock when need.
some games dont like Per Strip (The Ring Terror Realms) in this fact change to Per Triangle.
dont use Fast Sorting, test your game without and choose later.

My image folder is 'ux0:/data/Dreamcast ISO, change it to your setup !

https://clicknupload.to/z1us63qkxr3k
https://1fichier.com/?urolr1s6m066nj2gthip
https://uptobox.com/s0c8edqnh805
https://filerio.in/zb28vosngsjn

hope all is working fine, I dont have many time the next days. otherwise I must do it again

Last edited by peter8,

jeferey

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Many tanks for this sharing cfg, silent scope its fixed yes! Code Veronica works vers good , wacky race have same problem. Revolt slow but playable depending race, shenmue works not perfect texture but payable, daytona run slow with your cfg and with all version

Reactions: peter8 and SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many tanks for this sharing cfg, silent scope its fixed yes! Code Veronica works vers good , wacky race have same problem. Revolt slow but playable depending race, shenmue works not perfect texture but payable, daytona run slow with your cfg and with all version
Shenmue is what I've been trying to play works but slow ... most likely a demanding game

Reactions: peter8

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ jeferey :
Thanks for testing. Silent Scope FIX make me happy that it works for you.
When you have other games with texture errors, than you must use 'Per Triangle' option, but this works slower.

Now we can share cfg files each other and change settings.

@ SuperDan :
I am sorry for Shenmue, but this game has a intense engine, so I was stop testing it, for this one we need update kubridge.
Info :
The emulator is based on Dynarec, so use it ! But Dynarec need many power and it works only with kubridge.

EXTRA :
The emulator has a big problem with frameskip setting and it would solve many problems. Frameskip is not working on the same way like all the other emulators. It dont double the picture to 25fps or 30fps this is what we need, instead of that it get half to 15fps or 12fps unplayable. This make no sense. This problem comes from the main emulator core flyinghead, rinne can not fix it.
Example - when using frameskip 1 on SNES or GBA emulator, the most games get full playable and its mostly used. But we use on flycast NO frameskip, that need the most power and even the GBA emulator can not handle it. On this way, rinne did a very good job here !

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rinnegatamante updated kubridge from bythos on 2022-10-29 ! YEAH.

https://github.com/bythos14/kubridge/releases

v0.3 Latest kubridge.skprx v.0.3
Refactored exception handling.
Added support for undefined instruction exceptions.
Deprecated abort handler entrypoints and functionality in favor of exception specific handlers.

Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yo Dan I checked out Rinne's Twitter one day to see what he had to say about the latest Flycast release and clicked on the link for Reddit calling you an A-hole. This guy really seems to hate you for the fact that you said facts about him stealing. I have had an experience with Rinne myself where he got angry at me for asking a legitimate question and he banned me. This guy really should learn some manners and chill. For some reason it also seems he hates GBATEMP, why's that?
Post automatically merged:

Also for those that want the latest version + changelog here it is: https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/605

Changelog:

Changelog (v.1.1):​

- Downstreamed to latest official Flycast commit. (BoxArts support has been disabled by default. It's recommended to enable it from emu.cfg solely if you have few roms cause, with a lot of roms, it will cause general instability in the emulator due to mem constraints). - Added Fast GDRom Load option. (Faster loading times in games but may cause issues in some games).

Reactions: SuperDan

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban :
This update was posted on Tuesday at 11:25 AM in this topic, and we test it all the time. Thanks anyway.

Now to the other story, stop talking about rinne and dan and that he hates gbatemp or what ever ! Thank you. This is not our story and not yours. Rinne has his reason and I think he is not hate gbatemp as site, its some users here and there. My gosh this is like kindergarten. working together help more instead of them each and everyone is fighting.
I am only here, because I have no other account on any other internet site, I have no twitter, I have no facebook, I have no discord, I dont even have email. But I have a great time, all other of you are not. I love rinne and all the other team members there. Maybe he is from italy, this is friend to my country.
I understand PacBunny now, he is allow to talk with me. No one was really thankfully for Dead Space, for me yes.

And this is Dramcast topic, please stop right now this crap. My drugs are not good enough for this stupid fuck.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban :
This update was posted on Tuesday at 11:25 AM in this topic, and we test it all the time. Thanks anyway.

Now to the other story, stop talking about rinne and dan and that he hates gbatemp or what ever ! Thank you. This is not our story and not yours. Rinne has his reason and I think he is not hate gbatemp as site, its some users here and there. My gosh this is like kindergarten. working together help more instead of them each and everyone is fighting.
I am only here, because I have no other account on any other internet site, I have no twitter, I have no facebook, I have no discord, I dont even have email. But I have a great time, all other of you are not. I love rinne and all the other team members there. Maybe he is from italy, this is friend to my country.
I understand PacBunny now, he is allow to talk with me. No one was really thankfully for Dead Space, for me yes.

And this is Dramcast topic, please stop right now this crap. My drugs are not good enough for this stupid fuck.
I apologize. I recognize that Rinne is a good, talented developer but his temper gets the better of him. I will ask no more of this thing between Dan and Rinne.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
@Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban what evidence do you have that he steals? sounds to me you have a vendetta against Rinnegatamante, because he jumps from one project to another project without completing it like always and he didn't complete your project.

@Rinnegatamante real classy. for a dev you seem to think things happen by magic. if you have a problem you come to me or use the report button. why you so upset he said you steal? prove him wrong.

@Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban and @Rinnegatamante you both should get a room and fuck already.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban what evidence do you have that he steals?

@Rinnegatamante real classy. for a dev you seem to think things happen by magic. if you have a problem you come to me or use the report button.

@Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban and @Rinnegatamante you both should get a room and fuck already.
I don't exactly have proof of him stealing but there is this post where he mentions it on Reddit:
as for the basis of the claims, I have nothing that proves it for sure, I apologize @Flame.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't exactly have proof of him stealing
-snip-
as for the basis of the claims, I have nothing that proves it for sure, I apologize @Flame.
If you don't have any proof except some random redditor's post, then it's not Flame you should apologize to, it's Rinnegatamante.
It's like Abraham Lincoln said: "Not everything you read online is true."

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't have any proof except some random redditor's post, then it's not Flame you should apologize to, it's Rinnegatamante.
It's like Abraham Lincoln said: "Not everything you read online is true."
Fair enough, that random redditor's post was made by Dan. Anyways, I won't cause any more trouble.

• Haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn