Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ SuperDan :
'' lots of texture mashing ? ''
The most games runs perfect in texture quality, what ever it is. Deactivate all graphic options, I only use FPS counter thats it. All graphic option works great, but dont give you more framerate in anyway. And after some testing, all the options make trouble for different games types and create texture errors, when you deactivate all, you will end up in great quality with the SAME framerate. The testers from rinne of flycast was not doing a good job, its easy to use. Even when you change the resolution from 640x480 to 320x240 make no differences in framerate, its impossible, so there must by some power left..
Now testing Code Veronica GDI.
All my games are GDI.. No you can see the texture mashing straight away on my Shenmue it's not terrible but you can help but notice it...

Reactions: peter8

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ SuperDan : add info, thanks man. What did you test NTSC or PAL copy GDI ? Rinnegatamante pictures say ~60% framerate (intensive scenes and as low as 10-15 fps), so unplayable. But the Beta copy I had tested for 5 minutes was not so bad, but I dont know the game and so dont know the debug menu, it stops mostly.

BTW: here the flycast-vita Compatibility List from rinnegatamante :
https://newflycast.rinnegatamante.it/

Everything that was tested even with low framerate, the gameplay was mostly full smooth and mostly no texture errors.

Testing :

Name : Shenmue
Format : GDI
Region : ?
Notes from SuperDan : Shenmue 1 work OK lots of texture mashing.. But the frames seem to be steady for the most part much worse on the original Flycast. you can see the texture mashing straight away on my Shenmue it's not terrible but you can help but notice it... The list from Rinnegatamante say : https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/flycast-vita-compatibility-list/issues/28 Shenmue (PAL) Framerate is very inconsistent, can even get to fullspeed in less intensive scenes and as low as 10-15 fps in intensive ones.
Ryuzaki face is garbled as well as his jacket and those glitches are unfixable (It would require Per-Pixel sorting which is too intensive for Vita and would require GL4).

Name : Biohazard - Code Veronica - Kanzenban (JP)(Disc 1)
Region : NTSC J
Notes : I would say its not playable, the framerate is good in small rooms without enemys, but with enemys it drops a lot down. The same problem like Carrier. So it would be playable. rinnegatamante list say its good playable, but his list also say https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/flycast-vita-compatibility-list/issues/147 : ''Gameplay - (13-30fps depending on how many character models and effects are on screen, in the beginning it's raining but after it stops performance increases and many indoor areas run at fullspeed very playable and enjoyable) '' . The game have to play it from beginning to the end, later there are winter snow maps. raining was good for me, but so bigger the outside area so more down the framerate. All in one, very good, but need +10% or 20% more framerate. The Settings Used from rinne list, I come up with the same but different video settings. Biohazard 3 Japan is so far the best Resident Evil game working with this emulator, also a highlight and I will play it the next days from start to the end.

Name : Biohazard 2 - Value Plus (Disc 1)(JP)[XIAOPANG]
Format : cdi
Region : NTSC J
Notes : Stop in the beginning, unplayable. rinnegatamante dont have it in the list. Anyway, I have the original discs and its the only japan import that make trouble on my PAL original dreamcast system. I need a special import boot disc to play it on my PAL system. So I think its just the japan copy that the emulator dont like, maybe PAL or NTSC US will work, but noone had test it so far. So PAL copy test later.

Name : San Francisco RUSH 2049 (US)[ECHELON]
Region : NTSC US
Notes : In first try it dont work. In second try it dont work and say I need BIOS files (I still have not copy BIOS files), I had wait and the game was starting ! On the normal way the ECHELON release need UTOPIA boot disc, maybe thats the reason, but I dont have Bios files copyed. Framerate between 50% and 70%, rarity 90%, just to slow, no differences in framerate between driving fast or stoping, it depends on the free area how big it is. Main menu is 100%. Testing only first track. Change the camera view to first view give me ~80 to 90%, on this way its not so bad and a little bit playable ! Good Job ! Testing Track 2, DEACTIVATE IN-GAME Sound, was give me more framerate sometimes up to 100%, but also drops down to 80%. So its get better. Tested only 1 car, no tournament.

Name : The.House.of.the.Dead.2.(E)-NBS
Region : PAL
Notes : After create save file, error. rinnegatamante list say good playable, but maybe they have try GDI instead of cdi ? Test later again.

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PAL version of Quake 3 is impressively close to running at full speed.

ya I'm completely done with this shit show. I just paid for my steamdeck today in full. I'll use steamdeck and/or real dreamcast to play my games. :)
Dreamcast works really good on PC & Android these days using Redream emulator I have both probably best on Steam Deck also

Reactions: realtimesave

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have change the option from TV Composite, to RGB Component. I have the feeling that this give me maybe ~5% more framerate and more games runs like butter. Tested with Biohazard 3 and Carrier BETA both was give me mostly 100% framerate and Biohazard was going over it with 7%.
Unsure, need more testing. Unreal Tournament works also better with over 80% framerate in small Maps.

@ HandsomeJack :
Quake III runs perfect, but framerate is at 50% unplayable, even when there is no graphic error.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Biohazard 3 - Last Escape (JP)[HOOLiGANS]

I have complete done this game from start to end. Had use Hard Difficulty and it was working. The emulator was not one time crash playing 5 hours ! The framerate was mostly good, but also slowdown here and there. Currently the best playable game. The Mercenaries mode not tested, a lot of enemys there. Real videos works not good, but in game videos runs mostly good.

Settings :

General : Cable RGB Component
Video : Per Triangle, ALL OPTIONS OFF, only FPS Counter ON, 640x480, no frameskip.
Advance : nothing touched, 1.500 downclock, Dynarec (nothing tested so far here)

So we can play Resident Evil 3 Dreamcast on Vita with this emulator, million thanks !

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Biohazard 3 - Last Escape (JP)[HOOLiGANS]

I have complete done this game from start to end. Had use Hard Difficulty and it was working. The emulator was not one time crash playing 5 hours ! The framerate was mostly good, but also slowdown here and there. Currently the best playable game. The Mercenaries mode not tested, a lot of enemys there. Real videos works not good, but in game videos runs mostly good.

Settings :

General : Cable RGB Component
Video : Per Triangle, ALL OPTIONS OFF, only FPS Counter ON, 640x480, no frameskip.
Advance : nothing touched, 1.500 downclock, Dynarec (nothing tested so far here)

So we can play Resident Evil 3 Dreamcast on Vita with this emulator, million thanks !
Tried Resi Code V wasnt too bad choppy auidio frame drops but still playable i played for 1 hour...

Reactions: peter8

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ SuperDan : Yeah. I had put Veronica in Maybe playable. The framerate is to often slowdown, thats not good when playing to long. It should be less work with 90% framerate. Anyway rinne must update the emulator with 10% or 20% more framerate thats all, graphics are super.

Testing :

Name : Nightmare Creatures II (US)[NBS]
Region : NTSC
Notes : Not working. I had try 3 different images, non of this is working. Maybe the emulator dont want this title. Currently the only game I had found that will not work in anyway, tested PAL cdi, NTSC cdi and BETA gdi.

Name : D2 (US)(Disc 1)
Notes : Game works fine without texture errors, but framerate is ~60% and unplayable, but smooth. Side note, the US version is censored, only Japan copy is uncut. The compatible list from rinne say it was tested the PAL copy, but a PAL copy was never released, only NTSC. More testing make no sense at the moment, since there are tons of videos that can not be skip.

Name : Le Mans 24 Hours (Europe)[DCCM]
Notes : No texture errors. Unplayable, the framerate is ~50%, very slow. Anyway, this game is intense, so its a wonder that the emulator can even start it. Impressive.

Name : Resident Evil 2 (US)(Disc 1)[RDC]
Notes : Dont work. The japan copy was also not working. Maybe this title will not work with this emulator, but no big deal we still have Nemesis and Veronica.

Name : Tokyo Xtreme Racer (US)[RDC]
Notes : No texture errors. This racing game works pretty good, maybe 80% to 90% framarate performance. It works better than Rush or any other racing game. But still unplayable, the framerate is variable and go up from perfect to very fast down bad, but all in one I was driving the complete city one time and it was doing fun !

Name : Carrier
Notes : I was testing before the BETA copy and it was mostly run at 80 to 90% framerate and up to 100%. Anyway the FINAL copy runs with 70% framerate, very slow and unplayable. So when someone asking himself why I am testing BETA copys, here is the answer, the BETA copy is playable, but the Final copy not. Otherwise its playable but 70% is for me to slow.
Extra note : Do not use any cdi version ! All of them are nuked and have texture errors. This was the only game that was making trouble back in the warez years. We have to use GDI version.

Name : Urban Chaos (Europe)[DCP]
Notes : Dont start, error.

Name : ECCO the Dolphin - Defender of the Future (US)[RDC]
Notes : Some small texture erros but no big deal its ok, framerate a bit to slow. Maybe some maps playable and other not. Love this game. Will test later the BETA copy. Unplayable currently.

Name : Half Life Xanadu BETA
Format : NRG
Region :
Notes : Emulator can not read Nero NRG images.

Name : Soldier of Fortune (Europe)[ALPAX]
Notes : This release is NUKED, do not work.

Name : Soldier of Fortune v1.000 (2001)(Crave - Ubi Soft)(PAL)(M3)[!]
Notes : Game works fine and no texture errors, the graphics are orgasm. But unplayable, the framerate is to slow. The BETA copy was working a bit faster. The list from rinne say playable, this is it not. Unreal Tournament runs a lot better with 80% framerate.

Name : House of the Dead 2 (US)[DCCM]
Notes : After save file in beginning, error.

Name : Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (US)[RDC]
Notes : No texture errors, but framerate is very slow. Make no sense to test more, unplayable. But Tony Hawk 2 was mostly playable with 100% framerate, but was crash all the time.

-

Playable (~90%-100% Framerate gameplay only) :

1 - Biohazard 3 - Last Escape (JP)[HOOLiGANS] - complete tested on Hard difficulty from start to end.
2 - Nanatsu No Hikan / Seven Mansions (English v1.3 - Compressed)
4 - Fighting Force 2 (Europe)[DCP] - only trsted 10 minutes
3 - Carrier BETA copy only (NOT FINAL version, runs slower) - only chapter 1,2 playable unfinished prototype
4 - Fighting Force 2 (Europe)[DCP] - only tested 10 minutes
5 - Shadow Man (US)[RDC] - only tested 10 minutes

Playable Unsure :

Grand Theft Auto 2 (US)[RDC] - Maybe playable, 100% framerate, but rinne list say it crash very often.
The Ring Terror Realms - Works also not soo bad ~80% framerate in gameplay.
Resident Evil Code Veronica - many slowdowns.

Do Not Work :

Nightmare Creatures II - Currently DO NOT WORK - tested 3 different images
Resident Evil 2 - Currently DO NOT WORK - tested NTSC J cdi and NTSC US cdi, not tested PAL copy and GDI image
Half Life Xanadu BETA - emulator can not read NRG image , test later GDI version but its a different build.

Last edited by peter8,

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
fd_fix.skprx
kubridge.skprx

all latest

*KERNEL
ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx
ur0:tai/kubridge.skprx
ur0:tai/fd_fix.skprx

Reducing the number of plugins
used was useless stops working
I tested with your plugin and it work for me, i can launch the app but no game tested yet !!!

where to put game file and wich format work with that ?

Last edited by chronoss,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ SuperDan : Yeah. I had put Veronica in Maybe playable. The framerate is to often slowdown, thats not good when playing to long. It should be less work with 90% framerate. Anyway rinne must update the emulator with 10% or 20% more framerate thats all, graphics are super.

Testing :

Name : Nightmare Creatures II (US)[NBS]
Notes : Not working. I had try 3 different images, non of this is working. Maybe the emulator dont want this title. Currently the only game I had found that will not work in anyway, tested PAL cdi, NTSC cdi and BETA gdi.

Name : D2 (US)(Disc 1)
Notes : Game works fine without texture errors, but framerate is ~60% and unplayable, but smooth. Side note, the US version is censored, only Japan copy is uncut. The compatible list from rinne say it was tested the PAL copy, but a PAL copy was never released, only NTSC. More testing make no sense at the moment, since there are tons of videos that can not be skip.

Name : Le Mans 24 Hours (Europe)[DCCM]
Notes : No texture errors. Unplayable, the framerate is ~50%, very slow. Anyway, this game is intense, so its a wonder that the emulator can even start it. Impressive.

Name : Resident Evil 2 (US)(Disc 1)[RDC]
Notes : Dont work. The japan copy was also not working. Maybe this title will not work with this emulator, but no big deal we still have Nemesis and Veronica.

Name : Tokyo Xtreme Racer (US)[RDC]
Notes : No texture errors. This racing game works pretty good, maybe 80% to 90% framarate performance. It works better than Rush or any other racing game. But still unplayable, the framerate is variable and go up from perfect to very fast down bad, but all in one I was driving the complete city one time and it was doing fun !

Name : Carrier
Notes : I was testing before the BETA copy and it was mostly run at 80 to 90% framerate and up to 100%. Anyway the FINAL copy runs with 70% framerate, very slow and unplayable. So when someone asking himself why I am testing BETA copys, here is the answer, the BETA copy is playable, but the Final copy not. Otherwise its playable but 70% is for me to slow.
Extra note : Do not use any cdi version ! All of them are nuked and have texture errors. This was the only game that was making trouble back in the warez years. We have to use GDI version.

Name : Urban Chaos (Europe)[DCP]
Notes : Dont start, error.

Name : ECCO the Dolphin - Defender of the Future (US)[RDC]
Notes : Some small texture erros but no big deal its ok, framerate a bit to slow. Maybe some maps playable and other not. Love this game. Will test later the BETA copy. Unplayable currently.

Name : Half Life Xanadu BETA
Format : NRG
Region :
Notes : Emulator can not read Nero NRG images.

Name : Soldier of Fortune (Europe)[ALPAX]
Notes : This release is NUKED, do not work.

Name : Soldier of Fortune v1.000 (2001)(Crave - Ubi Soft)(PAL)(M3)[!]
Notes : Game works fine and no texture errors, the graphics are orgasm. But unplayable, the framerate is to slow. The BETA copy was working a bit faster. The list from rinne say playable, this is it not. Unreal Tournament runs a lot better with 80% framerate.

Name : House of the Dead 2 (US)[DCCM]
Notes : After save file in beginning, error.

Name : Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (US)[RDC]
Notes : No texture errors, but framerate is very slow. Make no sense to test more, unplayable. But Tony Hawk 2 was mostly playable with 100% framerate, but was crash all the time.

-

Playable (~90%-100% Framerate gameplay only) :

1 - Biohazard 3 - Last Escape (JP)[HOOLiGANS] - complete tested on Hard difficulty from start to end.
2 - Nanatsu No Hikan / Seven Mansions (English v1.3 - Compressed)
4 - Fighting Force 2 (Europe)[DCP] - only trsted 10 minutes
3 - Carrier BETA copy only (NOT FINAL version, runs slower) - only chapter 1,2 playable unfinished prototype
4 - Fighting Force 2 (Europe)[DCP] - only tested 10 minutes
5 - Shadow Man (US)[RDC] - only tested 10 minutes

Playable Unsure :

Grand Theft Auto 2 (US)[RDC] - Maybe playable, 100% framerate, but rinne list say it crash very often.
The Ring Terror Realms - Works also not soo bad ~80% framerate in gameplay.
Resident Evil Code Veronica - many slowdowns.

Do Not Work :

Nightmare Creatures II - Currently DO NOT WORK - tested 3 different images
Resident Evil 2 - Currently DO NOT WORK - tested NTSC J cdi and NTSC US cdi, not tested PAL copy and GDI image
Half Life Xanadu BETA - emulator can not read NRG image , test later GDI version but its a different build.
Tried Project Justice 2 & Power Stone 2.. Not too bad frame drops aplenty... Kind of playable

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_20220828_144443.jpg

Giving Shenmue a go it's crashed a few times but I'm still enjoying this Ol classic

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when I tried Linux on my Switch it was a buggy pile of shit. I mean it was cool but I had a lot of problems with software crashing in it. Android on the other hand, no issues.
I said on HOS, not Linux, there is a dedicated homebrew NRO. Welp, can only say how I experienced it and it was fine for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I use this one https://github.com/flyinghead/flycast

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ SuperDan :

Its possible that Rayman 2 is good working, like user HalfScoper mention and rinne list say it also.

Name : Project Justice 2
Notes SuperDan : Not too bad frame drops aplenty... Kind of playable

Name : Power Stone 2

Name : Power Stone
Format : ?
Notes realtimesave : it works pretty good, played half the game through with no issue.

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ SuperDan :

Its possible that Rayman 2 is good working, like user HalfScoper mention and rinne list say it also.

Name : Project Justice 2

Name : Power Stone 2

Name : Power Stone
Format : ?
Notes realtimesave : it works pretty good, played half the game through with no issue.
Great work so far,

I've tried Rez (1.004 NTSC-J)
Title screen seems ok but a bit slow, the game crashes when coming to the first warp point.
By the by, I'm running flycast 1.0, I'll update to 1.02 tomorrow and try it again.
@SuperDan
Edit:
I've updated to 1.02.
Rez (1.003) NTSC-J
Tried both 50 and 60hz.
Keeps crashing before the first boss fight.
Game runs way to slow to be fun.
Settings are:
PAL, Composite
Transparent sorting Per Strip
Automatic Frame skipping Maximum
Use Mipmaps
Use Simple Shaders
Delay Frame swapping
640x480

CPU
Dynarec
Idle skip