[RELEASE] Flycast Vita by Rinnegatamante & Bythos

Divineheresy88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't even know why i wasted time actually finding back what the password for this website even is but the fact that people take as granted:
1) An out of context screenshot
2) A blatant sarcastic overexaggeration
3) A screenshot of something that literally has no real proof to ever had happened (Since all my software are opensource so you're all free to link me even at only a single instance of a malicious code that would wipe os0: in any of my repositories)
4) Even admitting the screenshot wasn't sarcastic and wasn't out of context and even admitting I would really apply that, it's written black on white that i referred exclusively to WiP code that would be eventually leaked, aka wouldn't land on any release.

Shows how much this community (as in GBAtemp) degradated.
No surprise also that moderators allow name and shame and cursing the whole time without applying their own rules. Good job as always. I'll go back at reading your nonsenses with some popcorn. First and last time i even spend my time here again.
I'd rather the community be safe than sorry and by you stating you have the ability/desire to brick someone's console out of anger/malice is worthy enough for myself and I assume others to not chance ruining their console. That screen shot doesn't exist if you don't take the time to type it out. It's not trolls, it's concerned gamers not wanting their vita to become a glorified paperweight.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ Rinnegatamante :

I am thankfull for your work. Do not read what stupid people say, man you are old enough to know this. I do not care what anybody say here. And the same like the Ukraina, I dont talk about it, what ever problem is going on, its nothing what we have to care. I stay on your side, but I was angry when a Fake build was floating around here and saying leaked or what ever. The result in your work show a good skill. Come on smoke some weed with us and relax and have a good time. I had ask so often that you come into this forum. I have so many questions on you and I was testing a lot of stuff from you. Mostly I want to ask for a Music fix for your Exhumed Powerslave PC Port, I am willing to test it, I know this game, since your info say it was not fully tested, but I need the music, please. And since you was porting mostly all classic Quake engine games from 1,2,3 , is it possible to port SIN based on quake 2 engine ? Anyway you are on the top with northfear in vita scene, who cares what other people say.

Will more Dreamcast ISOs testing for you. Do not update anymore the texture and graphics option, this is all fine, also music and videos are all fine. When you get 10% or 20% more framerate coding in the next update, than we have a solid emulator that can play mostly all games in decent quality.

Love you man.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather the community be safe than sorry and by you stating you have the ability/desire to brick someone's console out of anger/malice is worthy enough for myself and I assume others to not chance ruining their console. That screen shot doesn't exist if you don't take the time to type it out. It's not trolls, it's concerned gamers not wanting their vita to become a glorified paperweight.
Basically Adding Fuel to the Fire .... More Drama for what a Ego ..

Divineheresy88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically Adding Fuel to the Fire .... More Drama for what a Ego ..
I wouldn't have had a reason to post anything (feel free to look at prior posts) had I not seen his discord posts threatening to brick console's. None of this happens if it doesn't start with a malicious rant from Rinne. If being concerned for the community at large is a negative then I guess people deserve to have their consoles bricked? Makes no sense to me.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't have had a reason to post anything (feel free to look at prior posts) had I not seen his discord posts threatening to brick console's. None of this happens if it doesn't start with a malicious rant from Rinne. If being concerned for the community at large is a negative then I guess people deserve to have their consoles bricked? Makes no sense to me.
It's a control flex... To feed a self important narcissistic person

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody know any good Malware scanner? Im actually gonna download one later today.
I use Malwarebytes Free (v3.6.1 for its 'classic' UI but gets security updates) every a couple of months.

A blatant sarcastic overexaggeration
A joke/sarcastic post about bricking consoles on purpose is a seriously disgusting thing to do and say, that's why people got fucking pissed off rightfully so. Don't be mad at us for it.

I do thank you for clarifying that, but still feels a bit sour as that's something that shouldn't be joked about.

Starry_Night

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Malwarebytes Free (v3.6.1 for its 'classic' UI but gets security updates) every a couple of months.

A joke/sarcastic post about bricking consoles on purpose is a seriously disgusting thing to do and say, that's why people got fucking pissed off rightfully so. Don't be mad at us for it.

I do thank you for clarifying that, but still feels a bit sour as that's something that shouldn't be joked about.
Thanks for the reply. I'll download that today.

Reactions: SuperDan

Starry_Night

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And its hard to tell if someone is serious or joking around on the Internet.

Last edited by Starry_Night,

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Testing :

Name : Biohazard 3 - Last Escape (JP)[HOOLiGANS]
Format : cdi
Region : NTSC JP
Notes : On flycast build version 1 the framerate was bad and many texture errors. Now the game works mostly fine, no texture error ! And best of all maybe playable ! Real Videos has bad framerate, but in game videos works good mostly good with 90% to 100% framerate. Framerate can be 90% to 100% gameplay, but framerate drops down when enemys comes or fire effects show up. Anyway I think its playable. Good Job !

Name : Blue Stinger (PAL)[DCCM]
Region : PAL
Notes : Game works without any texture error. In game videos can have bad framerate or good framerate. The gameplay for self without enemy can have a framerate with 90% to 100%, but when enemys come the framerate fall down to 50%. On the one hand its playable, on the other hand its not playable. Good result.

Name : Grand Theft Auto 2 (US)[RDC]
Region : NTSC US
Notes : Gameplay has maybe 100%. I dont know this game, but I think its mostly playable ! But videos has framerate problems, like all the other games.

Name : Quake III Arena (US)[RDC]
Region :
Notes : On the first emulator build this game was not starting. Now the game works without any texture or graphic error. Almost perfect. But framerate is ~50% and unplayable. Anyway amazing job !

Name : Shadow Man (US)[RDC]
Region : NTSC
Notes : The first video was not working. No texture error, all fine. The framerate can be from 80% to 90% to 100%. I think its playable ! Tested only 10 minutes. Very Good !

-

Playable (~90%-100% Framerate gameplay only):

1 - Nanatsu No Hikan / Seven Mansions (English v1.3 - Compressed)
2 - Fighting Force 2 (Europe)[DCP]
3 - Grand Theft Auto 2 (US)[RDC]
4 - Biohazard 3 - Last Escape (JP)[HOOLiGANS]
5 - Shadow Man (US)[RDC]

Carrier - Maybe also playable, sometimes I get 90% to 100% framerate on the BETA copy NTSC.
The Ring Terror Realms - Works also not soo bad ~80% framerate in gameplay.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And its hard to tell if someone is serious or joking around on the Internet.
Well that's what did actually happen at the beginning of Vita hacking.. Kung Fu Rabbit was a game that would brick your Vita.. & later a Harry Potter game..... Again fuck all this dumb drama.. Rinnegatamante's attitude is his own problem.. & it's my one weekend off this month I got better things than this BS on my mind... Going to have a VR weekend I ain't played my Oculus Quest 2 for months... Pavlov here I come..

Reactions: Starry_Night

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Testing :

Name : Biohazard 3 - Last Escape (JP)[HOOLiGANS]
Region : NTSC JP
Notes : On flycast build version 1 the framerate was bad and many texture errors. Now the game works mostly fine, no texture error ! And best of all maybe playable ! Real Videos has bad framerate, but in game videos works good mostly good with 90% to 100% framerate. Framerate can be 90% to 100% gameplay, but framerate drops down when enemys comes or fire effects show up. Anyway I think its playable. Good Job !

Name : Blue Stinger (PAL)[DCCM]
Region : PAL
Notes : Game works without any texture error. In game videos can have bad framerate or good framerate. The gameplay for self without enemy can have a framerate with 90% to 100%, but when enemys come the framerate fall down to 50%. On the one hand its playable, on the other hand its not playable. Good result.

Name : Grand Theft Auto 2 (US)[RDC]
Notes : Gameplay has maybe 100%. I dont know this game, but I think its mostly playable ! But videos has framerate problems, like all the other games.

Name : Quake III Arena (US)[RDC]
Region :
Notes : On the first emulator build this game was not starting. Now the game works without any texture or graphic error. Almost perfect. But framerate is ~50% and unplayable. Anyway amazing job !

Name : Shadow Man (US)[RDC]
Notes : The first video was not working. No texture error, all fine. The framerate can be from 80% to 90% to 100%. I think its playable ! Tested only 10 minutes. Very Good !

-

Playable (~90%-100% Framerate gameplay only):

1 - Nanatsu No Hikan / Seven Mansions (English v1.3 - Compressed)
2 - Fighting Force 2 (Europe)[DCP]
3 - Grand Theft Auto 2 (US)[RDC]
4 - Biohazard 3 - Last Escape (JP)[HOOLiGANS]
5 - Shadow Man (US)[RDC]

Carrier - Maybe also playable, sometimes I get 90% to 100% framerate on the BETA copy NTSC.
The Ring Terror Realms - Works also not soo bad ~80% framerate in gameplay.
Did you get around to trying Resident Evil Code Veronica yet.. That played quite well on the 1st release of Flycast.. Doing a great job testing these out Pete Respect,!

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Had not tested RE Code Veronica, because rinne was testing it all the time. :) So I think its good. Will try later anyway. I still have my original GDroms US version and Japan version of Code Veronica, was a good game, but I love more part 1 ,2 and 3. Resident Evil 1 PC port would be also great, it was having 3dfx mode and full uncut so far the german copy.

I must retest again Nightmare Creatures II, it was not working, maybe BETA or US release will work and later the Tony Hawk and Tomb Raider games testing. Man this is christmas.

Starry_Night

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's what did actually happen at the beginning of Vita hacking.. Kung Fu Rabbit was a game that would brick your Vita.. & later a Harry Potter game..... Again fuck all this dumb drama.. Rinnegatamante's attitude is his own problem.. & it's my one weekend off this month I got better things than this BS on my mind... Going to have a VR weekend I ain't played my Oculus Quest 2 for months... Pavlov here I come..
I didn't know about that. I wasn't around when that happened, thanks for telling me about that. I'm kinda new to Vita hacking, I hacked my Vita I believe in 2020.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't even know why i wasted time actually finding back what the password for this website even is but the fact that people take as granted:
1) An out of context screenshot
2) A blatant sarcastic overexaggeration
3) A screenshot of something that literally has no real proof to ever had happened (Since all my software are opensource so you're all free to link me even at only a single instance of a malicious code that would wipe os0: in any of my repositories)
4) Even admitting the screenshot wasn't sarcastic and wasn't out of context and even admitting I would really apply that, it's written black on white that i referred exclusively to WiP code that would be eventually leaked, aka wouldn't land on any release.

Shows how much this community (as in GBAtemp) degradated.
No surprise also that moderators allow name and shame and cursing the whole time without applying their own rules. Good job as always. I'll go back at reading your nonsenses with some popcorn. First and last time i even spend my time here again.
Stop making yourself look like the clown you are

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Testing :

Name : Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (US)[RDC]
Notes : Mostly no texture error, music is working. The main menu is very bad and slow. But the gameplay gives 100% framerate in the first Map free skate mode. This is amazing ! But after 5 minutes the emulator crash and error, try more than one time.

Name : System Shock 2 BETA Oct 15 2000 Prototype
Notes : Just testing for fun, the game is not working, on SEGA title it stops.

Name : Shenmue BETA Aug 18 2000 Prototype / SHENMUE 1 BETA 0.400 DISC 1 PERFECT DUMP
Format : GDI
Notes : My knowledge is zero for this game. Title screen was perfect working with full framerate and only debug menu, open first test area was working great, but testing other maps break up. I have no idea, need someone with knowledge. Seems to work.

Name : Nightmare Creatures II BETA May 9 2000 Prototype
Notes : ''can not open track62.raw'' , not working.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Testing :

Name : Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (US)[RDC]
Notes : Mostly no texture error, music is working. The main menu is very bad and slow. But the gameplay gives 100% framerate in the first Map free skate mode. This is amazing ! But after 5 minutes the emulator crash and error, try more than one time.

Name : System Shock 2 BETA Oct 15 2000 Prototype
Notes : Just testing for fun, the game is not working, on SEGA title it stops.

Name : Shenmue BETA Aug 18 2000 Prototype / SHENMUE 1 BETA 0.400 DISC 1 PERFECT DUMP
Notes : My knowledge is zero for this game. Title screen was perfect working with full framerate and only debug menu, open first test area was working great, but testing other maps break up. I have no idea, need someone with knowledge. Seems to work.

Name : Nightmare Creatures II BETA May 9 2000 Prototype
Notes : ''can not open track62.raw'' , not working.
Shenmue 1 work OK lots of texture mashing.. But the frames seem to be steady for the most part much worse on the original Flycast

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ SuperDan :
'' lots of texture mashing ? ''
The most games runs perfect in texture quality, what ever it is. Deactivate all graphic options, I only use FPS counter thats it. All graphic option works great, but dont give you more framerate in anyway. And after some testing, all the options make trouble for different games types and create texture errors, when you deactivate all, you will end up in great quality with the SAME framerate. The testers from rinne of flycast was not doing a good job, its easy to use. Even when you change the resolution from 640x480 to 320x240 make no differences in framerate, its impossible, so there must by some power left..
Now testing Code Veronica GDI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uydsntOyc