Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icirrus

Trophies
XP
Country
  • Quick question, I downloaded Fire Emblem Fates EU from the freeShop. After chapter 6 it makes you go to the official eshop to download the path you chose (Birthright) for me. I did it, could I get banned?
No, and if I was you I'd go into the freeshop tap the game pad section and download the DLC for the game so then it won't ask you to go into the eShop again

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There is not DLC when I do it. Now cause I got it off legit eshop, when I go onto it there is a receipt for DLC for a game I dont own. When you beat chapter 6 you have to go to the eshop to download the dlc. Am I just being paranoid with this panicking.
Well, I will get the .cia DLC then :tpi:

Reactions: Icirrus

Icirrus

Trophies
XP
Country
There is not DLC when I do it. Now cause I got it off legit eshop, when I go onto it there is a receipt for DLC for a game I dont own. When you beat chapter 6 you have to go to the eshop to download the dlc. Am I just being paranoid with this panicking.
Paranoid. I wouldn't worry. What you shouldn't have done is downloaded the Fire Emblem fates Special Edition off that rom site then you wouldn't be worried

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I update games I get from freeshop if need be? Also, can I get DLC for games on freeshop?
Yes, but only if the title key has been shared. Go to the controller icon and find your game. It should have DLC and/or Update. If it has a trashcan next to it, it means it's installed. If you need to update it, just click on the trash can to delete old one and just click DLC/Update to download the new one.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I did this and shut down my themes deleted and I get an error code going into theme collection. I've already looked it up, deleted tickets, reinstalled themes, no luck. Anyone have any idea how to stop error code from popping up?
Do you have a nnid attached? I do not.

AnEpicSquirrel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we confident that Nintendo is unable to distinguish freeShop users downloading from their servers in a non-eShop manner? I'm referring to both legitimate purchases and illegitimate downloaded through freeShop.

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
zelda miniscap = Super smash bros crashes (because screen are completely black and its impossible return with home button and you keep force your console)

Last edited by Borjitasstoi,

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we confident that Nintendo is unable to distinguish freeShop users downloading from their servers in a non-eShop manner? I'm referring to both legitimate purchases and illegitimate downloaded through freeShop.
yes. its totally safe. if nintendo were going to ban people they wouldve banned thousands ages ago

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They perhaps could, but the most they could really do is ban IP addresses doing it, and it's not likely something they will do. Imagine if people used freeShop at a friend's house or on public wifi, they will be negatively affecting many non-freeShop users too.

They would more likely make changes to eShop before doing that, but that also would potentially affect users (namely with preinstalled titles and such).

SonicvMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to download any games off of Freeshop. Every time I try to download a game I get a wrong title key error. Using the same enctitlekeys.bin on a 2ds alows me to download games but It doesn't work on my New 3DS XL.

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a question regarding themes ; I downloaded the Home Menu Theme DLC using FreeShop but it adds 540+ themes, and I have to delete 450+ by hand if I want to use them.

Any solution ? Thanks !

Reactions: TheMagicMan

TheMagicMan

A Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, I heard something that freeshop got a dmca or something along those lines. Will it still get updated and what will happen to freeshop? Is this better than ciangel?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, I heard something that freeshop got a dmca or something along those lines. Will it still get updated and what will happen to freeshop? Is this better than ciangel?
Nothing is going to happen to freeShop. Read the last several pages please. It will still be updated and maintained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: 80s are the new 20s. +1