driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm..... The only thing that I can see coming from this is bricks xD

What practical uses does this have?

Think of it like the file explorer built into TWRP custom recovery for android devices. It serves a similar purpose as a file browser that can work even if the Home Menu is non functioning.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ummm..... The only thing that I can see coming from this is bricks xD

What practical uses does this have?
Well, users without a need for this can use CTRXplorer, and if you tried it you must have seen that the write protection system really works in favor of inexperienced users. Of course, somewhere along the way, someone will come around, delete all the stuff on his SysNAND, and blame it on the developer, but that's what the warnings in here and in the tool are for. I did consider keeping this from a public release for exactly these reasons, though.

As for possible uses for this (that are not possible with CTRXplorer:
  • Install SudokuHax, see above
  • Grab installed titles and other files from your NAND FAT partitions with ease
  • Research purposes - this makes it as easy as never before to try new stuff with your NAND, which will help in the long term for discovering new hax and possibilities

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Speaking of which, would it be possible to use a NAND dump from another device using the OTP? Just asking.
There are files on the NAND that have additional encryption, these would have to be encrypted with the console-unique keys, and so far no one has figured that out, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
D0k3, the GodMode9 suppose to encounter redNAND partitions? 'Cause it didn't found the partition in my case
It supports RedNANDs, yup. Can you give me some more info? Console type and what did you use to create the RedNAND? Did it find any partitions on EmuNAND and do you have EmuNAND virtual files?

D

Deleted User

@d0k3 Sorry, but I need to request something to you. Are you planning to add "RedNand Options" in Decrypt9? I need it to inject FBI to HS. Peace xD. Sorry for the wrong thread.

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
It supports RedNANDs, yup. Can you give me some more info? Console type and what did you use to create the RedNAND? Did it find any partitions on EmuNAND and do you have EmuNAND virtual files?

N3DS XL with a class 4 microSDHC 32 Gb, I used Emunand9 "Complete RedNAND Setup"
It did find no partition and I think I have emuNAND virtual files

Thanks in advance :D

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3 Sorry, but I need to request something to you. Are you planning to add "RedNand Options" in Decrypt9? I need it to inject FBI to HS. Peace xD. Sorry for the wrong thread.
That is already in there, try the latest test version:
http://workupload.com/file/1rXPv1DM
Also, wrong thread :P. And the last release version handled this as well, just not for minimum size RedNANDs.

EDIT: A RedNAND is handled completely like a standard type EmuNAND, but you see the RedNAND detected at the bottom of the top screen.

N3DS XL with a class 4 microSDHC 32 Gb, I used Emunand9 "Complete RedNAND Setup"
It did find no partition and I think I have emuNAND virtual files

Thanks in advance :D
Try the GodMode9 test version, let me know if it is fixed:
http://workupload.com/file/pir9M0tz

Last edited by d0k3,

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
That is already in there, try the latest test version:
http://workupload.com/file/1rXPv1DM
Also, wrong thread :P. And the last release version handled this as well, just not for minimum size RedNANDs.

EDIT: A RedNAND is handled completely like a standard type EmuNAND, but you see the RedNAND detected at the bottom of the top screen.

Try the GodMode9 test version, let me know if it is fixed:
http://workupload.com/file/pir9M0tz

Worked just fine both of then, thanks again @d0k3

What is the sys/emuNAND VIRTUAL partition?

qlm2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I had "\Decrypt9\slot0x05KeyY.bin" for Decrypt9 (A9LH).
But GodMode9 asked me to put "slot0x05KeyY.bin" at the root of SD card.
Is it possible that "\Decrypt9\slot0x05KeyY.bin" can be used for GodMode9 too?

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country

The slot0x05KeyY.bin suppose to be on the root, not in the /Decrypt9 folder

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I may consider allowing \Decrypt9\slot0x05KeyY.bin as secondary location. I'm currently in the progress of revising the keys system, though, so that will take for a bit.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is the sys/emuNAND VIRTUAL partition?
The 'virtual' partition is not an actual partition, but GodMode9 makes it so that6 you can handle it like it is one. These contain so called 'virtual' files, which are specific areas from your NAND. One of them is your full NAND (aka 'a NAND backup'), others are AGBSAVE.bin, .... You may also have a look here: https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Flash_Filesystem (ignore the warning if you get one).

cool tool ! will a 'move' feature be added? (and maybe a cia version..) x.x
CIA version: Same problem as with D9. We can do a CIA, but that would run only under certain, very specific circumstances. Meaning: no one would use it, and you wouldn't want to either. A 'move' feature will possibly be added, although it won't help you in terms of speed when moving stuff between partitions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)