• Start date
  • Views 309,172
  • Replies 1,143
  • Likes 105

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
The 'virtual' partition is not an actual partition, but GodMode9 makes it so that6 you can handle it like it is one. These contain so called 'virtual' files, which are specific areas from your NAND. One of them is your full NAND (aka 'a NAND backup'), others are AGBSAVE.bin, .... You may also have a look here: https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Flash_Filesystem (ignore the warning if you get one).

CIA version: Same problem as with D9. We can do a CIA, but that would run only under certain, very specific circumstances. Meaning: no one would use it, and you wouldn't want to either. A 'move' feature will possibly be added, although it won't help you in terms of speed when moving stuff between partitions.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read through the thread, great piece of software! I have one question for anyone that may know. My sysNAND is asking me to update after downloading an update while in sleep. Normally I would enter safe mode to clear this out but recent updates to AuReiNAND have blocked safe mode for A9LH protection reasons. Can I use GodMode9 to find and delete the pending update from my sysNAND?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Read through the thread, great piece of software! I have one question for anyone that may know. My sysNAND is asking me to update after downloading an update while in sleep. Normally I would enter safe mode to clear this out but recent updates to AuReiNAND have blocked safe mode for A9LH protection reasons. Can I use GodMode9 to find and delete the pending update from my sysNAND?
That's not that easy, as this is actually not a single file that you could delete... it is a changed database file plus garbage lying all around your SysNAND CTRNAND. I'd suggest to leave it and wait until ARN supports it. Or use an earlier backup.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not that easy, as this is actually not a single file that you could delete... it is a changed database file plus garbage lying all around your SysNAND CTRNAND. I'd suggest to leave it and wait until ARN supports it. Or use an earlier backup.
Darn, thanks for the personal response though! Maybe someone can figure out what Safe Mode does to erase the pending update and we can replicate it safely, like with how TinyFormat calls the format command without erasing your SD or de-registering your NNID.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Darn, thanks for the personal response though! Maybe someone can figure out what Safe Mode does to erase the pending update and we can replicate it safely, like with how TinyFormat calls the format command without erasing your SD or de-registering your NNID.
I do have something that you can try, but I absolutely do not recommend it without backups plus a NANDmod or at least A9LH. See this link. The better option might be to dump the import.db file from an older NAND backup and to inject it there (via Decrypt9WIP or GodMode9). Note that this will still keep a mess on your SD card.

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Have you looked into opening NAND backups with this already? Would be nice for N3DS users, for example, who set up their A9LH already and want to extract a non-corrupted secret sector from a backup without having to flash it first.

not that i'd be in this situation or anything

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you looked into opening NAND backups with this already? Would be nice for N3DS users, for example, who set up their A9LH already and want to extract a non-corrupted secret sector from a backup without having to flash it first.

not that i'd be in this situation or anything
Coming up in the next release version, but it will still take for a bit.

D

Deleted User

Such a great and powerful tool, already have put it to use on a couple of devices.

Quick question, and not even sure if possible, but do you have any plans to have G9 read the key database that D9 put to use recently?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Such a great and powerful tool, already have put it to use on a couple of devices.

Quick question, and not even sure if possible, but do you have any plans to have G9 read the key database that D9 put to use recently?
Yes, GodMode9 will also be able to use that key database instead of the slot0x05keyY.bin file.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Aynone want to participate in some testing?
Here's the current test build of GodMode9.

This needs testing:
  • Mounting / unmounting NAND backups (from the same console) and FAT images, also check if the drives work as intended
  • Using aeskeydb.bin (from root or Decrypt9/)
  • Multiple pane handling
Looking good. :)
I'm not able to mount nand / fat images though. Just gives me a "Mounting image: failed" every time. :(

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looking good. :)
I'm not able to mount nand / fat images though. Just gives me a "Mounting image: failed" every time. :(
Same with me, tested with all of my backups.
Didn't tested fat images tho.

EDIT: I'm running it from A9LH.
Both of you, you're the first persons for whom this failed, and this was tested with A9LH. You both own a N3DS? Using the slot0x05keyY.bin or the aeskeydb.bin, and from which folder? Also, @Shadowtrance, are you 100% sure these FAT images were valid?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Both of you, you're the first persons for whom this failed, and this was tested with A9LH. You both own a N3DS? Using the slot0x05keyY.bin or the aeskeydb.bin, and from which folder? Also, @Shadowtrance, are you 100% sure these FAT images were valid?
n3ds, aeskeydb (in Decrypt9 folder) and yes they're valid.

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

o3DS, using aeskeydb.bin from Decrypt9 folder (containing all slot0x??key? files).

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
n3ds, aeskeydb (in Decrypt9 folder) and yes they're valid.
Same setup, and I have no troubles... Let's sort this out later. It is pretty strange this would work for me, but not for you.

Both of you, I'll do a new test release later

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT: @Shadowtrance, @Ryuzaki_MrL, maybe you could try compiling fresh from source? Anyways, will be off for a while.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Same setup, and I have no troubles... Let's sort this out later. It is pretty strange this would work for me, but not for you.

Both of you, I'll do a new test release later

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT: @Shadowtrance, @Ryuzaki_MrL, maybe you could try compiling fresh from source? Anyways, will be off for a while.
Yep, I'd already build from source after you posted the test build. :)

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn