[Release] HiyaCFW - World's FIRST Nintendo DSi CFW!

Here it is, the first DSi CFW!
logo.png

Video by Alex S (with TWiLight Menu++ (previously known as DSiMenu++ and SRLoader) installed):

Video by @Apache Thunder (When RocketLauncher was planned for a release. With WarioWare Touched (DSiWare version) installed.):

(NOTE: Since hiyaCFW has been released a few days ago (as of posting this), and no official thread has been made, I decided to go and make it, despite not making the actual patches for it. :P )

With this CFW, you can run custom DSiWare, alongside region free and 3DS-exclusive DSiWare (WarioWare Touched), on your SD card, via NAND to SD redirection!
You can also run blocked flashcards (such as R4 Ultra).

GitHub repo

FAQs

Q: Can I use a custom splash for hiyaCFW?
A: Yes you can. Place it at "sd:/hiya/" and name them "splashtop.bmp" and "splashbottom.bmp". Make sure they're actually saved as .bmp files, with the size of 256x192, with no color space info, and is 16-bit (A1 R5 G5 B5, or X1 R5 G5 B5). .gif files will also work instead of .bmp files.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Bok_Choy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi everybody,

HIYA CFW seems a very great way to softmod a DSI. I have several DSI XLs, all A (australia) versions though. I just tried to install HIYA CFW and did manage to go through all the steps without a problem. Followed this guide: dsi.cfw.guide Unlaunch installed and works and everything seems fine.

But if I start my DS now, with the SDcard inserted, it loads the HIYA CFW splashscreen, i press start, then both screens start flashing white. Restart, the same thing happens.

I can not find that issue via the search, so I thought I'll try here. Firmware is 1.4.3A and if i take the SD card out everything still works fine.

I'd be greatful for anything that points me in the right direction.

Thank you!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody,

HIYA CFW seems a very great way to softmod a DSI. I have several DSI XLs, all A (australia) versions though. I just tried to install HIYA CFW and did manage to go through all the steps without a problem. Followed this guide: dsi.cfw.guide Unlaunch installed and works and everything seems fine.

But if I start my DS now, with the SDcard inserted, it loads the HIYA CFW splashscreen, i press start, then both screens start flashing white. Restart, the same thing happens.

I can not find that issue via the search, so I thought I'll try here. Firmware is 1.4.3A and if i take the SD card out everything still works fine.

I'd be greatful for anything that points me in the right direction.

Thank you!
Try pressing some buttons, otherwise, I dunno.

Bok_Choy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Try pressing some buttons, otherwise, I dunno.

Thanks for the input. I just solved it. Had the same problem with a 2nd DSI on 1.4.5A, but when I retraced my steps I came across the note that something in the latest Hiya CFW got fixed yesterday, then uploaded with the same version number. I had the version that did not have this fix. With the updated version it worked right away. Great, thanks again!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, now that I am here there is another question I have:

I used a 16GB SDHC, with a 2GB partition for HIYA. Is it possible to add a 2nd partition with the remaining 14gb and access this space with HIYA and homebrews. Or am I going to run into trouble trying to do this?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the input. I just solved it. Had the same problem with a 2nd DSI on 1.4.5A, but when I retraced my steps I came across the note that something in the latest Hiya CFW got fixed yesterday, then uploaded with the same version number. I had the version that did not have this fix. With the updated version it worked right away. Great, thanks again!

Actually, now that I am here there is another question I have:

I used a 16GB SDHC, with a 2GB partition for HIYA. Is it possible to add a 2nd partition with the remaining 14gb and access this space with HIYA and homebrews. Or am I going to run into trouble trying to do this?
Currently, no homebrew can be able to read a 2nd partition of an SD card.

Bok_Choy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Currently, no homebrew can be able to read a 2nd partition of an SD card.

Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it!

Is this something that we might get in the future? Accessing a 2nd partition or support for SDHCs bigger than 2GB, so we have more space to work with? If this is "in development" is there a thread, roadmap or something to keep an eye on?

In case this was not said before HIYA CFW on A (australian) firmware works just fine. I tested a 1.4.3A and a 1.4.5A DSI XL, and once HIYA was up and running, had not had any issues so far.

dsi.cfw.guide is what I followed.

Big thank you for this guide, great work!

AL_16

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
in instllation window

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-7_16-49-12.png
    upload_2018-6-7_16-49-12.png
    149.1 KB · Views: 215

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
in instllation window

well it says you need to install the latest service pack.

why dont you install the latest service pack.?

dude, installing OS updates is kinda needed for security and for latest software to work.

Last edited by Flame,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so when i try to run console_id.py i get the following error (The application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b click ok to close the application)

I have windows 8.1 and the latest python version. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Ok so when i try to run console_id.py i get the following error (The application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b click ok to close the application)

I have windows 8.1 and the latest python version. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

i had problems running the console_id.py too on my windows 10 setup. so i had to use windows xp in a virtual machine.

they might be a fix for your problem but thats how i fixed mine.

Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: AmandaRose

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible to have a "different region" emunand in the future? I have 2 Dsi XLs that are US while the recent hacked system is Japanese. Though DSiwares are region free already, games like Shantae for example shows "No localization found" maybe due to it reading the region. Other games are ok though so this may just be one game.

Last edited by vinzanity,

Pheinte

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How can you run 3DS-exclusive WarioWare Touched in DSi?

I believe there's no DSi .tmd for it, so i don't see how it's done.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.
Autobooting to SRLoader lets me have several DSiWare games without them being deleted.

Last edited by Pheinte,

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to bad my pc's in the living room. i could update via my phone as a ftp client but i like doing it from my pc. (yes i use an ftp via my wii[server] and my pc[client] because my pc's sd card slot is broken can read but thinks the disk is on write protect 24/7 when its not)

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just before I go out and buy a second DSi (probably XL), there's absolutely nothing, besides a hardmod, to do if I don't have Flipnote installed on my DSi, right? There's no way I could ever install this CFW without that entrypoint, if I'm not mistaken, right?

If that's the case, do all DSi XLs come with Flipnote pre-installed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: