Hacking [Release] Ika Parade - PS3 Static Theme

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was hugely into the old PSP Ika Musume theme which you can find a screenshot for here, anyway I didn't really see many Ika inspired theme's that I liked on the PS3, so with some free time on my hands, and some knowledge of PhotoShop I decide why not, I'll make my own, and here it is :P

ika_parade_ps3_theme_by_protopropski_by_protopropski-dcb1t2r.png

Attachments

• IKA PARADE PS3.rar
    2.7 MB · Views: 276

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dude sick! Your art skills are on point!

Thank-you I'm happy you think that, I haven't had a lot of official education, so a lot of what I know comes from examples that I like, and some wisdom that my old highschool photography teacher taught me which was some very important styles, and rules that can be applied to nearly any form of visual art, I don't want to make it out to be a big deal really, TBH anyone who puts work in what they love can be good at it, and I just love art lol.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,
Reactions: GarnetSunset

Guardian-Angel-671

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know you could upload personally created art to use for PS3 themes. Does it have to be certain sizes? That does look good & my son that loves anime would like it alot. I do 3d art & would love to know how to add it to my PS3. My profile pic is 1 of my images.

Reactions: Proto-Propski

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't know you could upload personally created art to use for PS3 themes. Does it have to be certain sizes? That does look good & my son that loves anime would like it alot. I do 3d art & would love to know how to add it to my PS3. My profile pic is 1 of my images.

It isn't too hard to add a theme to your PS3, not many people mention it anymore is all, but all you have to do is just create a folder tree on the root of a compatible USB Stick the two folders you want to make are "PS3 > THEME" both folders being cap-sensitive, and once you've done that move the theme's .p3t file to your "THEME" folder inside the "PS3" folder, and then plug it into you/r sons PS3, and goto "Settings > Theme Settings > Theme > Install" you should be able to install it from there...

Nice work on the 3D model BTW I've tried learning about that style of art before, so far I haven't had a lot of success molding my thoughts into an equivelent model as of yet, programs like Blender help a bit, but it's definately a step up from what I'm use too,

Also if you want to get into making a custom PS3 theme for yourself there's a tool here you can make theme's that either take advatage of full HD, SD, or both using it, and it's pretty user friendly, so there isn't a steep learning curve you basically make your work in any program you want (I personally prefer photoshop), and when you've finished it, and you're ready you just export the image to a JPG, and import it into the program if you've gotten the size wrong it'll tell you the correct size there, if you didn't then it won't, and you can always preview the theme before you build it in the program itself, TBH icons are the real challenge though, and it's where a lot of theme makers decide to just skip on, and instead reuse other peoples icons instead, there's about 70 unique icons on the PS3, and it can get a bit tedious working with them each individually which is the only downside, but nothing beats a final product IMO.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes?