Newcomer
Trophies
Website
videah.xyz
XP
Country
Ooooh! I'm excited about this!

Two questions:

What values does the setDepth accept? I take it, the higher the value the "deeper" it is "in the screen"?

Any chance of getting ogg or mp3 support?

Glad you're excited!

Ogg support is planned/being worked on, maybe mp3 in the future.

setDepth sets the pixel offset of both eyes, setting it to 2 for example will make draw calls have a space of 4 pixels between them with 3D on.
I haven't done much testing with values, so you might need to mess around to get the result you want.

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
After trying to load a new background music file, after loading one already, I get the error "Could not allocate sound buffer". What's causing this? Not enough RAM? I've already tried to make all other loaded audio files nil but it doesn't do anything.

VideahGams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
videah.xyz
XP
Country
After trying to load a new background music file, after loading one already, I get the error "Could not allocate sound buffer". What's causing this? Not enough RAM? I've already tried to make all other loaded audio files nil but it doesn't do anything.

That error happens when linearAlloc fails for whatever reason.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to say what's causing the issue sadly, someone smarter than me might be able to.

Tobold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One more question: Does lovepotion benefit from the n3DS's more powerful hardware?
Not that I expect it to matter with 2d games.

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
love.graphics.draw - Partial

What exactly isn't working in love.graphics.draw at the minute?

I've just spent a long time trying to figure out why an image was behaving perfectly on my PC but not on my 3DS.

I wanted to scale the image to the screens size and rotate it 90 degrees. The rotation worked (though it seemed to not rotate from the top left like it does on PC, which is odd) but scaling wasn't working at all.

I may just be doing it wrong, but have those features been implemented?

VideahGams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
videah.xyz
XP
Country
What exactly isn't working in love.graphics.draw at the minute?

I've just spent a long time trying to figure out why an image was behaving perfectly on my PC but not on my 3DS.

I wanted to scale the image to the screens size and rotate it 90 degrees. The rotation worked (though it seemed to not rotate from the top left like it does on PC, which is odd) but scaling wasn't working at all.

I may just be doing it wrong, but have those features been implemented?

Scaling and rotating at the same time aren't implemented yet and the function generally doesn't act as it should at times, I'm probably gonna rewrite it soon.

Reactions: XavyrrVaati

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Scaling and rotating at the same time aren't implemented yet and the function generally doesn't act as it should at times, I'm probably gonna rewrite it soon.

Well damn, wasted a good few hours on that then :P

Is there a more detailed list of what has been implemented currently?

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
At the moment, no, I'm constantly changing stuff so I've never had a chance to write up a proper list :(

That's a shame, though you have a lot of the features covered already so not too big of a problem.

Just to make sure it's not an error on my part, I have this:

Code:
love.graphics.draw(page.image, page.x, page.y, 0, page.sx, page.sy)

where page.sx and sy are both 0.25 and while on PC it scales fine, on 3DS (Citra and via HB Launcher) I don't see a change at all.

I don't think I am missing anything am I? Is there a way to scale images that currently works in LovePotion or am I out of luck for now?

VideahGams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
videah.xyz
XP
Country
That's a shame, though you have a lot of the features covered already so not too big of a problem.

Just to make sure it's not an error on my part, I have this:

Code:
love.graphics.draw(page.image, page.x, page.y, 0, page.sx, page.sy)

where page.sx and sy are both 0.25 and while on PC it scales fine, on 3DS (Citra and via HB Launcher) I don't see a change at all.

I don't think I am missing anything am I? Is there a way to scale images that currently works in LovePotion or am I out of luck for now?

I don't think scaling down works right now, only scaling up (not sure, haven't done much testing on the scaling)
You could have a version of the image pre-scaled just for the 3DS version, seeing as that versions only targeting one possible resolution.

Reactions: NukesBanana

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think scaling down works right now, only scaling up (not sure, haven't done much testing on the scaling)
You could have a version of the image pre-scaled just for the 3DS version, seeing as that versions only targeting one possible resolution.

I see, sadly that's not an option as my homebrew would be loading a variety of images of different sizes and scaling them all.

I guess I'll just keep an eye on this thread and wait on an update for now then, thanks for the fast responses and good luck! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol